Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Destrian Heist, A Sci-Fi Game of Mafia for 16 Players

Destria is a mining planet, a mostly unremarkable globe in a mostly unremarkable system. Its most useful mineral, ikria, is a firmly unoriginal resource, though where money is to be made, someone will be found making it. The Talian Composite Airfield is a Avantian industrial hybrid facility, used mostly by various companies and conglomerates to house payloads until a buyer is secured. Operated by the AIC’s Department of Terran Interior, it's staffed by a motley crew of misfits, mostly uneducated folks from the local Destrian population, those who were unmotivated enough to stay.

Many of the staff have heard recently of a certain package, housed not in the usual cargo bay, but in the staff quarters, in the security supervisor’s office. You couldn’t get a good look of it from the outside, but supposedly it's a very heavy, secured box. Something that the Commonwealth’s own boys were coming to pick up. Where had it come from? What was it for? They knew their questions wouldn’t be answered, but there just wasn’t much else to talk about.

Communications had been out for about 2 rotations, which wasn’t too abnormal for such a remote facility, but with the hubbub surrounding that package… Hey, the supervisor has looked a lot more nervous today...

Standard mafia rules apply. Thread will be closed at night, don't post after a day action or a hammer, etc.

Don't import drama, be petty towards others or make things personal in this thread.

If you'd like to sign up as a replacement, please indicate so! I'd appreciate it! If you don't like to play vanilla town, don't sign up for any mafia games, just on principle!

Players:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. dongsbot 9000 Mills
  3. Ernie.
  4. imgay
  5. Jedit
  6. Kashuno
  7. MG3
  8. Moatillata
  9. PBS Newshour
  10. Pinterest Mom
  11. Quidnose
  12. Retro Futurist
  13. SirSamVimes
  14. TMMadman
  15. Tremendous Taste
  16. yuming

Events:

N0: CCKeane, Charles Keane, Patrol (town-aligned vanilla) died.
D1: resulted in a no lynch.
N1: Jedit, Anton Rackham, Cargo Associate (town-aligned mason) was killed N1.
Tremendous Taste, “Matt Clipson” RPX Plant (mafia-aligned goon) has disappeared N1.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yes please I need my fix.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
k

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
burr its cold in space

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote kashuno

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'll play some mafs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I shall play!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm actually almost done with the role PMs, so if we do fill up we'll start really quick. If I do finish today or tomorrow I'll post in the discussion thread since I know some people like to join games they know will start immediately.

edit: halfway full, btw

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sure, put me in! Might be a little busy this first week with school starting but this sounds fun~

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think I got the black lung pa

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gimme a game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As I am now unemployed and graduated, as I pretend to look for a job while actually just chilling, I would like to play.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

imgay posted:

As I am now unemployed and graduated, as I pretend to look for a job while actually just chilling, I would like to play.

Congrats

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's me I wanna play!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

It's me I wanna play!

game just got good

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

yuming posted:

It's me I wanna play!

:sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🖨

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

that a sign-up taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🐊

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm in!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

1 more!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

It's me I wanna play!

Well praise the sun!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Me plz

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

thread closing. sending out PMs. When I reopen, you guys can confirm, but I will officially start D1 with a post. s'all good

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Okay I sent all the PMs pretty much simultaneously. Also, I realized that on one or two of your PMs I didn't click the "I want to believe" banner on accident. That was a mistake, don't read into that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey magnus ya got it ship so i can track it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote taste see yall d2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Don't import drama, be petty towards others or make things personal in this thread.

oops. Oh well!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no, taste vs kashuno, i don't know which side to choose

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

oh no, taste vs kashuno, i don't know which side to choose

ez

##vote kash

Kashuno posted:

see yall d2

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

PBS Newshour posted:

hey magnus ya got it ship so i can track it

It will be tomorrow, my brother needed to get me some controllers back. :)

I'll send you deets as soon as possible.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

ez

##vote kash

Agreed ##vote kash

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Lets full-claim I am a tracker.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A 42nd straight hour of no communications. How long does it take for some repair team to find a rip in the fiber? It’s been a restless week, and dead lines during a flightless week puts everyone on edge even more.

As the 3rd shifters got up that evening to scrape their living, one of them found a body right outside the staff chambers. No bullethole, no knife in the back. It just looks like he fell. Not breathing at all.

Guards start shuffling, wondering what the gently caress is going on. One of them finally has the bright idea to get the portable stretcher to wheel the corpse to the medbay. After a night of men trying to get their poo poo together, the foreman calls an all-staff meeting for the morning.

CCKeane, Charles Keane, Patrol (town-aligned vanilla) died N0.

It is now D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (2): Pinterest Mom, Moatillata

Not Voting (14): Absurd Revolver, dongsbot 9000, Ernie., imgay, Jedit, Kashuno, MG3, PBS Newshour, Quidnose, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, Tremendous Taste, yuming

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 19th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

• Locked thread