Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

kaoslord hammer pls

Now also relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKCvIbv_5co

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
its a weird post cuz hes scum and knows hes busted along w/ his busted pal tremta

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tremendous Taste posted:

psst chaos it doesn't make sense because he's scum

No it makes me prudent because everything about your play right now feels completely off.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Up to this point you have been a non factor. Claimed nothing voted for no lunch off the bat.

Now you soft claim lynch killer? With nothing to back it up? No flavor?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
What would put as at endgame?

7 players 3 scum

Lynch scum , scum kills town

5 players 2 scum

Scum nk

4 players 2scum

That's endgame right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't claim anything, soft or otherwise.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dongs, promise me you'll lynch moat tomorrow.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

I don't want to get in bed with an unknown complete unknown. I would prefer he comes forward with whatever he has. This could explain why others were so hesitant to hammer him

Moat you still haven't explained this, what in the world did you mean by the bolded? How would anyone else have possibly known that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Moat you still haven't explained this, what in the world did you mean by the bolded? How would anyone else have possibly known that?

hes scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

If they were on scum team. They would know he was a lynch bomb. I thought it was really weird that he hung at -1 for so long. We may have miscalculated or misjudged some of the others.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Dongs, promise me you'll lynch moat tomorrow.

are you actually town tremta

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

are you actually town tremta

Yes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

If they were on scum team. They would know he was a lynch bomb. I thought it was really weird that he hung at -1 for so long. We may have miscalculated or misjudged some of the others.

So, to make sure I am understanding you correctly: You are beginning to have doubts about the others, but still think TT is the way to go?

Still wanting to know if you are willing to hammer Taste, too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Lmao 4 man scum team okay

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tremta who are the two scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
That's what I do as town too, refuse to claim anything and dictate who I want to hammer me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Totally normal nothing suspicious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

tremta who are the two scum

Moat and Chaos.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just asked, moat. Stop grasping at straws.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

So, to make sure I am understanding you correctly: You are beginning to have doubts about the others, but still think TT is the way to go?

Still wanting to know if you are willing to hammer Taste, too

Yes I would hammer taste but my gut is screaming something really suspicious.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Moatillata posted:

Yes I would hammer taste but my gut is screaming something really suspicious.

Yeah pretty susp

##unvote
##vote Moat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote moat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
For what it's worth I think if you vote me off now town is truly screwed. My name is Fernando and I am VT.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Go ahead and look at my votes and look at my posts and tell me I am scummier than TremTa.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

Go ahead and look at my votes and look at my posts and tell me I am scummier than TremTa.

I do not know that this is the hill you want to die on, haha.

All the same, this is a very interesting turn of events.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The fact that you haven't hammered tells me you are town

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think scum has something we didn't anticipate and are desperate to button it up rn

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yo on the tail end of my road trip, home in 3-4 hours, be happy to hammer taste then if moat scared (why u scared moat?) my heir will carry on the good fight if is actually a lych bomb (i doubt it)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this was not a real vote !!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

this was not a real vote !!

On purpose or accidentally?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:c: Current Day 6 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (2): chaoslord, Moat, dongs, -chaoslord, Meinberg, -Meinberg
Moat (2): TremTa, Meinberg

:h: 7 alive, 4 to execute.
:d: Deadline: Thursday, 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Friday) 1PM AEST - you've got 50 hours fam

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 17, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Accidentally 😈

##unvote

##vote moat

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
did you guys hammer

e: neato not yet phew I was a minute late because my computer was being slow

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thank you, dongs. And Meinberg too, surprisingly enough. I don't expect chaos or moat to hammer, so I hope AS/pmach is open to a changeup.

We've got this 😤😤😤

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Thank you, dongs. And Meinberg too, surprisingly enough. I don't expect chaos or moat to hammer, so I hope AS/pmach is open to a changeup.

We've got this 😤😤😤

If by "we" you mean scum team then yes.. it looks like you almost do. Night thread.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
right so i'm home now and have read thru the thread from page 50. this is what i have noticed - bit of a stream of consciousness/summary of events atm

on page 51 dongs and chaos are making good posts, chaos is expressing his doubt that pod is scum while dongs is doing good analysis. tt comes in and says that pods posting is scummy. moat backs him up, because pod knows ecco games and moat has suspected him for a while. they both start the vote on pod.

pmach comes in and agrees with them both, then dongs starts to question pod. ssv comes and votes pod after this also. chaos continues to make good posts analysing the game but agrees with pmach. the train continues to role, dongs and i are both swayed on pod because jimson had done a similar thing with scum mmt in a previous game (this is where i note i'm suss of vimes which is one reason i tracked him btw)

pg 52 dongs votes pod, tt continues to opine that pod must be scum and town reads moat and chaos, throws shade on meinberg (the confirmed doctor?). moat pages pmach and meinberg. tnl continue tunnel on pod. tt noes tnl was quiet, townreads pmach and vimes. pmach immediately jumps on and votes pod. tt continues to push a pod lynch and moat calls on him to post, pod is at -1 at this point. chaos continues to make townie posts, pod shows up and posts a bit including throwing suspicion on moat and sir vimes (when pod flipped town another reason to track sir vimes i'd already tracked moat, why is this something you were asking about again tt?) pod eventually votes vimes.

pod asks tt wha post of moats tt likes. moat questions dongs, dongs don't like it. tt likes moat because he's posting now? dongs and pod on that statement very quickly. tt also questions tnl.

i missed my chance to post again before pod was lynched cause tnl hammered quickly drat him, so i'll post this now and continue to read. at this stage of re-read i am more convinced tt is scum but someone else may see a pattern i do not. i am also growing more suss of moat (not helpful they are currently head to head. i'm townreading dongs and chaos for what its worth.

i will start with page 53 now. apologies for the wall of text.

one thing i wanted to throw out there about pmach.

i am thinking there may be only 1 role blocker or jailer, i am also suspicious that pmach has a flavor that allows a roleblock and means she can't be snooped on (she locks her door). i don't know why i wasn't roleblocked then however, so i'm not sure about this theory.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok so pg 53

meinberg backs pod (easy to lynch at -1 at this point? forgot meinberg is in my townread from last post). chaos questions tnl. tt dismisses pods call out of tt's read on moat.

there is a tnl/tt discussion here about tmm, and tt says: "There are two night kills and we don't know why." there are 2 scum teams is why? am i misunderstanding this?

tnl continues to defend pod (lol). pod comes in and says that he doesn't like dongs being buddy buddy with tmm but the tracking result makes it unlikely he is scum. tnl points out the flaws in tt's statement about the 2 night kills. tt then says spec on setup is just weasel words? why? this would seem to be important. dongs lays out this fact and the kills so far (thanks dongs)

tt now says that he didn't see there were 2 scum teams. chaos town posting. meinberg restates he is a cleric (just like tmm, doubt there is 2 corrupt clerics). tnl and tt back and forth about cop roles. dongs asks meinberg who he protected forgetting the doc enabler was lynched.

tt comes on later and says he has to go, feel free to vote who you like but he'll be voting pod. meinberg town posting. tt correctly calling tnl scum for the wrong reason (we all saw that flip)

pod is questioning tt on why he is defending moat so hard, notes moat has been lurking p hard. dongs backs tt. tt comes back and says pod has gall because he hasn't been posting much until he is lynched? i reckon pod had been posting quite a bit more than moat thru he game.

p 54
dongs reckons pod last mafia, moat and ssv last usurpers. pod now wondering if pmach is scum based on her defense of moat, tnl agrees lol, but they are different scum factions. dongs makes ~epic~ play (btw my name is cibran, i'm the crusty old groundskeeper who looked after this place for nigh on 30 years, goddamit, and i know my way around the place).

pod notes tnls scummy play w tmm ( i note they flipped different alignment). tnl is augusto, last of the mafia, dongs is town hero. moat jumps on tnl, pmach questions dongs. tnl hammers pod to avoid a mass vote rush and is murdered by the remaining scum team that night (thanks guys), but not before he stabs vimes.

i post my tracking 'results' (vimes went nowhere and died :() and say i am most suss of pmach, tt and chaos, mostly pmach because of her early push on pod. on re-read i see that the most recent push came mostly from tt. tt instantly throws suspicion on my results, which i was kinda waiting for. i noticed that tmm had tried a soft 'why haven't scum lynched the tracker' push on page 47 before pod rolled him, so i was interested to see that tt went straight for the same line. tt says he will dismiss my results, but says he's open to me being unlucky

tt null/scum reads moat and chaos, with me in the middle and meinberg, pmach and dongs as own. chaos agrees with tt on pmach, reads me town.

onto page 55
tt continues to disagree i am town, but that if i am i must have tracked passive scum. i agree this is possible, but i don't think dongs is scum in any case and i think tt, pmach and chaos definitely have one scum between them and its not unlikely to be 2. dongs/taste have a discussion about the roleblocker/jailer question.

dongs makes a list, likes tt for town, moat for scum everyone else null or in between. chaos analyses the game and concludes tt blocker, dongs goon assuming pmach in the clear (not convinced pmach shouldn't be on the list here). dongs is suss on chaos's post. moat reads me as town and is suss of tt (tbf i did track moat so if he was scum he has a vested interest in backing me). chaos continues to case tt, dongs begins to question. good post from chaos on setup

chaos continues to narrow the field to tt (if he is right on pmach) and responds to dongs idea moat could be a ninja. dongs asks for more examples of suss posts from tt from chaos, who has to go to work. dongs i will say here that i think there is plenty of suspicious activity from tt, see this post and my previous post.

tt then says i'm likely to be scum. and then votes moat on the basis that there could be a ninja, and i'm not a smart lynch, nor is dongs? chaos just posted to say was not probable?

moat jumps in and votes tt, some back and forth here (mostly tt). moat makes a good analysis post on tmm, includes that tmm tried to throw shade on dongs several times. also notes possible scum tells regarding chaos, which i'm not sold on. note; moat if there are questions you have i haven't answered please let me know, i've answered on the question about tracking the same target twice.

phew thats a lot of words. tldr, i think tt is scum. i will read the final pages and post again with a full list later but for now i am voting ##vote tremendous taste.

one other point to note from earlier in the thread, taste jumped in to defend tmm, kept on pod (see page 48). tt lynched tmm after tmm told us he was a cop enabler for some reason, this means it would be a bus if tt was scum. given tmm enabled cops and there are 2 scummies left in the usurper team i think tt would have been ok with this bus.

a list for my own ease of use:
Night 2: Mayor Glowku, Jon, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), died.
Day 3: Jimsonthebetrayer, Leon Jaume, Priest (mafia-aligned rolecop/doc enabler), executed.
Night 5: The Ninth Layer, Augusto Despino, Master (mafia-aligned godfather), died.

Day 4: TMMadman, Miguel, Corrupt Cleric (usurper-aligned doctor/cop enabler), executed.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok so posting the last bit cause i see there are some questions for me

from page 56

some discussion between tt and moat about tmm's posts. pmach asks moat his post on tmm, which i found helpful, i assume pmach is suss because moat has not been posting as much up till now.

moat breaks down the spec again and about jailer, chaos asks for conclusions.

some questions for me:
moat and dongs: heirs are real, i do have an heir for tracking, i posted this earlier in the thread.

tt: between dongs and moat, i would be very much town on dongs except his post suggesting the ninja, which you jumped on. still reading him as town atm tho. for moat, i feel his posts up to the point i am writing this are fairly town, i had suspicions about moat earlier in the game which i have dismissed based on jimson's flip. i flicked through the thread earlier and saw his re-wind post on you, which i found suss, but i am taking another look in context and may revise this. without the tracking result i would probably be reading him as null.

tt: i didn't track pmach because i was more suss of vimes. i covered why in my previous posts.

back to page 56

chaos posts reading pmach as town, most likely jailer? tt and moat discuss (i think they are questioning chaos's support for pmach, i will have to think on this). chaos questions their flavor questioning, and proposes that this would mean the spec setup wouldn't make sense. i'm not sure about this see my previous post on possible pmach flavor (probably unlikely tho i admit)

moat explains his tmm post and that he is suss of pmach and tt. dongs correctly in my view calls tt as scum thanks to chaos's detailed breakdown. tt continues to cling to the theory that there is a ninja.

moat: i think that it is possible bk and pod didn't have an heir because their cop function was gone. or their heir was killed the same night as them but i haven't reviewed this. tt is right about this.

these posts are too long i'm doing the next page separately. from what i've read on this page i still feel tt is the most reasonable scum read. i also wonder what powers Aemilia Peiraņa would have thanks to moats post.

could she be our roleblocker/jailer? she is currently occupying the estate so i feel this may be an appropriate power, similar to godfather? could pods inability to go through pmach's door be because she is Aemilia Peiraņa, and holds the town? feeling very :tinfoil: atm

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
er looking at the above, sorry everyone. just wanted to make up for not posting much. am p tired so apologies if any of the above don't make sense, happy to answer questions. i see it is early in the morning in the usa, i'll be on in a few hours to see if any early morning posters have questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i didn't read that

##unvote ##vote tremta

• Locked thread