Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i cut my teeth on ranma so i'm used to the GB stuff. i guess it just seems weird to me to focus so much on the penis specifically (even with the jokes about kobayashi being fairly androgynous)? and the detail that it was getting smaller as the power was weakening...i feel like just telling me "this is slowly going away" is sufficient.

also tooru's response is so quick and stupid. there's a more interesting story to be told here, but that would certainly take longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrSunshine posted:

I got the sense after reading the first few chapters that it was always a kind of weird sex thing with that one. My conclusions seem to have borne out.

It's pretty mundane and fairly funny for a while until that character shows up. And it's still pretty good aside from her.

The author sucks at anatomy though, holy moly.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

This is really cute. Although I wonder if the author is one of those "Just recently stopped drawing hentai" guys? Something about the style...
I get the same vibe.

DrSunshine posted:

I got the sense after reading the first few chapters that it was always a kind of weird sex thing with that one. My conclusions seem to have borne out.

Yeah, it's a CK manga. They're all about kinda weird sex things, but they're still cute so :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ojojojo and the one about the girl who can't stop helping people are not about weird sex things and I'm pretty sure none of the others are either unless you're deliberately trying to find that stuff.

Okay I'll maybe give you the one about the overweight delinquent with huge boobs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Yeah, it's a CK manga. They're all about kinda weird sex things, but they're still cute so :shrug:
I don't know what that is.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't know what that is.

Cool Kyoushinsha, that's the author's penname.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Sakurazuka posted:

Ojojojo and the one about the girl who can't stop helping people are not about weird sex things and I'm pretty sure none of the others are either unless you're deliberately trying to find that stuff.

Okay I'll maybe give you the one about the overweight delinquent with huge boobs.

Ojojojo is the one I can think of where it isn't, but I kinda remember stopping reading komori because of how it was always a weird thing with her baps. I may be misremembering though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Four more chapters of My Sweet Alien.

Every single time a chapter from a manga by this guy is posted I get sad because I know it's just a countdown until there's just no more, nothing left, because he passed away FAR TOO YOUNG. :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did my sweet alien end because it ended, or did it end because the author died?

Edit: oh man I did not expect it to go in that direction but that's great :allears:

Is that it then, or how much more is there?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 6, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That's it, no more. He died before this tank was published...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Did my sweet alien end because it ended, or did it end because the author died?

Edit: oh man I did not expect it to go in that direction but that's great :allears:

Is that it then, or how much more is there?

I'm not sure that is an appropriate emotion for someone's death.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aw. That's a shame, it was a really good series, too. What did he die from, an aneurysm or something right? What a lovely way to go.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

gently caress. That's...ugh. Dammit. :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

Aw. That's a shame, it was a really good series, too. What did he die from, an aneurysm or something right? What a lovely way to go.

I do not remember, but yeah. Just a lovely thing. He was kinda young, too (30s, if memory serves).

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

At least it ended on...a pleasant note.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The latest chapter of that Other Cutepire Manga. Oh my god. Cuteness explosion!! Everyone is adorable, even Mr. Takanashi!

In somewhat less cute news, in today's Saiki Kusuo PSI we learn about the joys of buying games from the bargain bin. :allears:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

DrSunshine posted:

The latest chapter of that Other Cutepire Manga. Oh my god. Cuteness explosion!! Everyone is adorable, even Mr. Takanashi!

Oh, I like this. :3:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

Four more chapters of My Sweet Alien.

Every single time a chapter from a manga by this guy is posted I get sad because I know it's just a countdown until there's just no more, nothing left, because he passed away FAR TOO YOUNG. :smith:

drat such a nice way to go with the story. Rip that guy :smith:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I rely on this thread to keep me on track of mangas I'm following. I follow a bunch of not well known, random, and surreal mangas and I can't keep track of them all.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Artificer posted:

I rely on this thread to keep me on track of mangas I'm following. I follow a bunch of not well known, random, and surreal mangas and I can't keep track of them all.

I'm glad it can be of service to you! :)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hey, it's Plastic Neesan with another wonky chapter!

Anyone else following this? I love the quirky, slightly disturbing sense of humor in this one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Neesan is good

But can you still call it plastic neesan after they threw away their plastic last chapter???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how incredibly mean the jokes are in that manga

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
New Kanojo Wa Rokurokubi. Yotchy continues to be great. I wonder what Yokai she is judging by how wide her mouth is.

EDIT:

VVVVV Thank you. Not gonna lie, part of the reason I posted this is because I knew someone would know Yokai better than I do.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 12, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

New Kanojo Wa Rokurokubi. Yotchy continues to be great. I wonder what Yokai she is judging by how wide her mouth is.

She's a cut mouth woman.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You even see the corner of her cut mouth when she licks the hand.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

EDIT:

VVVVV Thank you. Not gonna lie, part of the reason I posted this is because I knew someone would know Yokai better than I do.

Somehow, every single yokai girl in this one manages to be both cute and good. And yet still very "yokai"-ish. Yotchy's winning move... :allears:

I also really love the art style in this one! The artist is realllllllly good!! He just has a problem with sometimes making panels a little difficult to read in terms of action or what's happening in fast scenes.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Sharkopath posted:

She's a cut mouth woman.

Oh gently caress, I just got the joke behind her twitter poll now.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Two things I most like about Plastic Neesan:

-A lot of the characters act like normal, reasonable people, up until the moment they don't
-Neesan thinks the tiniest specific things are stupidly funny, like me

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Two things I most like about Plastic Neesan:

-A lot of the characters act like normal, reasonable people, up until the moment they don't
-Neesan thinks the tiniest specific things are stupidly funny, like me

That is a really funny face.

Goodnight Demon Princess! Wait, I think this goes in the "generic fantasy meets real life" thread. Oh well, it's my thread I can do what I want!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

That is a really funny face.

Goodnight Demon Princess! Wait, I think this goes in the "generic fantasy meets real life" thread. Oh well, it's my thread I can do what I want!

This is a seriously great manga. I love how all the characters are likable, down to the generic enemies.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the princess is the most terrifying monster of all

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

the princess is the most terrifying monster of all

The end of the latest chapter was super-duper cute. I want a sleepy princess too!!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Gloomy Rube posted:

This is a seriously great manga. I love how all the characters are likable, down to the generic enemies.

I love how the Demon King is straight up helping the heroes by putting things they need where they'll find them. I bet he makes sure to ramp up how powerful the minions he puts in their way too, so they get a challenge without it being insurmountable.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Slime posted:

I love how the Demon King is straight up helping the heroes by putting things they need where they'll find them. I bet he makes sure to ramp up how powerful the minions he puts in their way too, so they get a challenge without it being insurmountable.

It's so great, he's just trying to be a good DM and the princess is unknowingly messing up his carefully planned out campaign

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Hakumei and Mikochi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hakumei-to-Mikochi/Vol-003-Ch-019--Portrait-of-a-Smile?id=310004

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Saiki Kusuo goes love-comedy in the best possible way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple of new Hakumei & Mikochi chapters, the second of which is the start of what looks like a great little arc.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sigh, I suppose I need to make an account to read the past chapters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's not like kissmanga stopped existing if you're willing to run the risk of reading chapters that are out of order or uploaded incorrectly.