Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yeah on reflection i don't think many will. posting the though process was prob not a good idea but it helped me a bit.

tt prob scum, but i'm paranoid about pmach being Aemilia Peiraņa and that being the reason podima couldn't cop her, and in this case i'd be more inclined to lean towards chaos as scum.

if tt is scum, i'm not sure who his partner is, which is throwing me a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am officially out of pocket!

:c: Current Day 6 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (3): chaoslord, Moat, dongs, -chaoslord, Meinberg, -Meinberg, -dongs, Soda, dongs

Moat (2): TremTa, Meinberg, dongs, -dongs

:h: 7 alive, 4 to execute.
:d: Deadline: Thursday, 11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Friday) 1PM AEST.

If you are a player who gets hammered before tomorrow morning, it would be a mitzvah if you flipped yourself so people could send me their night actions so when I get back I can immediately begin Day 7. You don't have to though, it'd just be a good thing.

If I die in the wilderness I proclaim PMom to be my mod heir, send your role PMs to him, do not lie or I'll haunt you.

Ok bye!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're hurtful, dongs. I don't see how you could be scum but you're acting like it for no reason :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah on reflection i don't think many will. posting the though process was prob not a good idea but it helped me a bit.

tt prob scum, but i'm paranoid about pmach being Aemilia Peiraņa and that being the reason podima couldn't cop her, and in this case i'd be more inclined to lean towards chaos as scum.

I'm not scum. Work under that assumption and try to figure out who it is then. It is chaos and moat

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tremendous Taste posted:

Thank you, dongs. And Meinberg too, surprisingly enough. I don't expect chaos or moat to hammer, so I hope AS/pmach is open to a changeup.

We've got this 😤😤😤

I'd be willing to hammer any of the three, tbh. While obviously I'd prefer you the most and then dongs ahead of moat, if I'm right about everything (which is what I've predicated my vote on you on), hammering moat doesn't hurt us any because then tomorrow it's 5 alive with 2 scum still remaining and it's crystal clear the rest of the way. And if I'm wrong, hey, everyone gets to see it. Me being wrong and Moat flipping scum will likely lead to my lynch tomorrow but that should still put a LYLO with 2 town/1 scum so that's fine, too.

All that said, I'd really like Pmach and Meinberg to post something meaningful.

AS's conjecture that PMach might be resultproof scum is interesting and something I had not considered. Hm. Don't think it is the situation but if that's what it turns out to be that is a hell of a call, AS.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

If PMach is town and there is no ninja, it's dongs. If there is a ninja, maybe moat? Discounting myself here, I could be scum under either umbrella with what the results say.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not scum. Work under that assumption and try to figure out who it is then. It is chaos and moat

M Night got ahold of this game, you're right about the ninja but it's actually moat + dongs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm glad we agree on moat!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sure as you think he is scum, and are not scum with him, you'd happily vote him 😝

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Thanks AS, I don't have any other questions for you. I actually read it all

We have plenty of time and I would really like to hear from pmach if possible.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pmach was online earlier i saw but didn't post. hope we don't lynch till pmach checks in, interested to hear from others if my theory is completely crazy or not?

going to bed now will check in in the morning.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mafia edit: hear from others beside chaos, thanks chaos i think it is unlikely also. it would be good to hear from pmach to sooth my paranoia

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
dear friend tremta, i would've fulfilled your last wish and lynched you after lynching moat who im fairly sure is scum but i got worried about a weird thing where if aemelia is the last scum alive she gets a superpower that'll let scum win cuz she inherits the property or w/e

so i want to lynch the other scum (potentially yoU!) before moat if i have the luxury and we have an available mislynch tonight

if you are indeed town i will easily lead my people to lynch moat tomorrow and then i will obviously convince everyone that chaoslord is scum w/ my exceptional history of posting very townly and then slowly seguing to doing random poo poo that would appear scummy but actually just exists to prove how little i care about my actions due to my obvious townlieness

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Would you consider unvoting until we agree on a lynch, as? I'd rather not afford someone the opportunity to end all discussion out of impatience

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

moat is very obviously scum tho i dont know why he keeps posting no ones gonna believe him tmrw no matter what happens

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

dear friend tremta, i would've fulfilled your last wish and lynched you after lynching moat who im fairly sure is scum but i got worried about a weird thing where if aemelia is the last scum alive she gets a superpower that'll let scum win cuz she inherits the property or w/e

so i want to lynch the other scum (potentially yoU!) before moat if i have the luxury and we have an available mislynch tonight

if you are indeed town i will easily lead my people to lynch moat tomorrow and then i will obviously convince everyone that chaoslord is scum w/ my exceptional history of posting very townly and then slowly seguing to doing random poo poo that would appear scummy but actually just exists to prove how little i care about my actions due to my obvious townlieness

Dongs, my love

This is really dumb and paranoid. Don't let that fear get in the way of good Mafia

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Chaos if you think in scum now then why didnt you hammer me when you had the chance?

Also lol if this is true:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

cant wait to fullclaim d1 like i do every game

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im also pgo deadproof survivor so be ware

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im pgo deadproof survivor btw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote

##vote moat

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

Chaos if you think in scum now then why didnt you hammer me when you had the chance?

Also lol if this is true:

Because I don't think you are scum. I am still convinced the team is taste and dongs. However, that is based upon the idea that there is no ninja. The existence of a ninja is the issue. I stand by my statement that there is no way there is a ninja because those scum teams are crazy imbalanced (godfather/rolecop/vanilla vs doctor/ninja/jailer). That said, if we can't get enough votes to stay on taste, you are a good informative lunch. Either I will be right and you will be town and that leaves it down to taste and dongs, hooray, or I am wrong, you will flip scum, and I will be lynched for being wrong so then whoever is left in LYLO gets to try to puzzle it out if it is taste or dongs.

Or, you know, AS is right and PMach is just result proof scum :tinfoil: but I think that would make the scum teams imbalanced too.

Also I'm am still not particularly inclined to lynch until meinberg and PMach check in

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

M Night got ahold of this game, you're right about the ninja but it's actually moat + dongs

This comment back to taste is working under the assumption that taste is town, which is what he says to do in the post I quoted

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Gotcha. Well I prefer the scenario where I not lynched. Pmach would you please come in here and weigh in

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Okay this is getting ridiculous imo. When was the last time pmach posted

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Moat, what are you driving at with that big TMM post? It read to me like he was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pmach i see you are in games now, want to allay our paranoia here?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Atomic Soda posted:

pmach i see you are in games now, want to allay our paranoia here?

Yeah, I've had a lovely+busy last couple of days, and ABB has a challenge going, like, now.

Lemme get that done and I'll give you guys a read.

I hate making excuses like that but life just sucks sometimes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have survived the wilderness but I am still out of pocket until tomorrow morning. good luck!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Dongs has been messing around a lot but this is a good post:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

There are currently 7 living players, 2 of which are scum (speculatively).

Atomic Soda
chaoslord
dongsbot 9000
Meinberg
Moatillata
Propaganda Machine
Tremendous Taste

From my perspective, I am obviously town.
I strongly believe Atomic Soda is a tracker because faking a power role as your first scum game is a very powerful move, even if they did a lot of prep work going into this game.

Agreed. TT's earlier posts about her tracking did raise my eyebrows, but I think that was me being overly paranoid. Faking pointless tracking results would be an interesting scum move, but I think she's being genuine.

quote:

We have a fairly robust flavour argument that suggests PMach was jailed. I can reasonably believe this claim that would confirm PMach as Town.

chaoslord, Meinberg, Moatillata, and TremTa are two town (either two VT, or a ex-doc and a VT), one goon, and one jailer.

After murdering two cops, I am willing to accept that the town can have cops or doctors. Thus, I will give Meinberg a pass.

Not much to say here, but I agree.

quote:

Out of chaoslord, Moatillata, and TremTa, I think it's undeniable that chaoslord has tried to solve the rest of the game w/ night action analysis today, a very bold move for a scum to work. I think the angle chaoslord took is far riskier as a scum player than either Moat's (TMM post analysis) or TremTa's (basically speculating that solving the game w/ night actions is too hard because there might be fucky roles).

This is why I pinged moat on that TMM post. I know that he clarified, but I didn't find it terribly compelling.

I'm still reading, but it's sus that TT just came out of the woodwork guns blazing after a lot of lurking, but I gather from earlier game days that that's his style. I'm not hating his argumentation, but that was a flag for me.

(still reading)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tremendous Taste posted:

If I am going to be lynched, I would ask that town players manipulate the vote so that moat or chaos hammer me. Preferably moat.

I think a lynchbomb is a bit of a crazy claim and I don't believe it. Looks more like he wants scum to hammer because it makes them look bad?

Weird, at any rate, though this post is coming from a fair bit of pressure.

Oh, wait, then we get this:

Moatillata posted:

I don't want to get in bed with an unknown complete unknown. I would prefer he comes forward with whatever he has. This could explain why others were so hesitant to hammer him

This is really bad and I don't like it. He's using a shaky claim to draw people into assuming that non-voters are his [mafia edit: Taste's] scumbros who don't want to die by hammering. Huge logical leap.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Circlejerky scum accusations back and forth and then:

Moatillata posted:

What would put as at endgame?

7 players 3 scum

Lynch scum , scum kills town

5 players 2 scum

Scum nk

4 players 2scum

That's endgame right?

Sudden left turn into functionally useful territory. Really easy way to divert people's attention away from the mounting suspicion.

Moatillata posted:

For what it's worth I think if you vote me off now town is truly screwed. My name is Fernando and I am VT.

Weak.

Moatillata posted:

I think scum has something we didn't anticipate and are desperate to button it up rn

More kind-of-bizarre/random speculation.

Moatillata posted:

If by "we" you mean scum team then yes.. it looks like you almost do. Night thread.

This is just getting stupid. He's flailing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Post worth peering at:

chaoslord posted:

Because I don't think you are scum. I am still convinced the team is taste and dongs. However, that is based upon the idea that there is no ninja. The existence of a ninja is the issue. I stand by my statement that there is no way there is a ninja because those scum teams are crazy imbalanced (godfather/rolecop/vanilla vs doctor/ninja/jailer).That said, if we can't get enough votes to stay on taste, you are a good informative lunch. Either I will be right and you will be town and that leaves it down to taste and dongs, hooray, or I am wrong, you will flip scum, and I will be lynched for being wrong so then whoever is left in LYLO gets to try to puzzle it out if it is taste or dongs.

Or, you know, AS is right and PMach is just result proof scum :tinfoil: but I think that would make the scum teams imbalanced too.

Also I'm am still not particularly inclined to lynch until meinberg and PMach check in

This is a fair point. I don't like the chainlynchy stuff, but I think the argumentation here is sound.

That said, I'm not getting the best town vibes off of Moat at this point, in case that's not obvious.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns? Soliloquies?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Not particularly. I appreciate the honest read.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I've been fairly consistent throughout the game with my votes and who I supported. I have claimed my name. AS tracked me and found nothing. I haven't switched my vote on and off back and forth. My only mistake I guess was being too cautious with tastes odd request.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns? Soliloquies?

As far as actual reads I think you might be right, I just can't balance wise see there being a ninja, but I guess Ecco did once have someone be a confined town Mason and actually be scum sooooo :iiam:

Want to give meinberg time to talk too since Ecco is out of pocket til the morning but I'll hammer moat if he is still at -1 in the morning because if meinberg doesn't check in tonight I doubt he will tomorrow anyway

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So you both posit taste and I are the remaining scum?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Moatillata posted:

So you both posit taste and I are the remaining scum?

Either it's one of you, or you're going whole hog on a clumsy bus.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Either it's one of you, or you're going whole hog on a clumsy bus.

If I really didn't care about a town victory then I would have gladly hammered Taste. You have to see that right? This whole situation arose because of that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Moatillata posted:

If I really didn't care about a town victory then I would have gladly hammered Taste. You have to see that right? This whole situation arose because of that.

What, because of that lynchbomb spec?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
so chaos you think moat is more likely to be scum than taste then? i agree that moats back and forth was weird, but still feeling taste atm.

dongs i see is also backing a moat lynch, i know i'm not sold on moat as lynch, i feel his most recent posts have been pretty townie except for the jump back on taste. but i also see why ppl may not want to lynch taste today given his lynch bomb claim.

if taste is actually a town lynch bomb (still doubt it) and the hammerer is town, then we lose the game today. (5 town 2 scum, to 2 town 2 scum after night phase). i just think taste claiming this is a very calculated move to avoid being lynched, but i can understand why it is working. i was thinking that for a taste lynch today either moat, pmach or chaos should hammer just in case, but even then i am nervous about it and i highly doubt this will happen. sry reasoning while typing again.

tastes lynchbomb claim has put town in a difficult situation. this is partly why i think the lynchbomb claim is fake, but if he's not lying then town can't hammer or we lose the game. and if he's not lying obv scum won't hammer argh. so we are a bit stuck with his lynch unless we want to risk it.

pmach thankyou for coming and posting i hear you on the life gets in the way. :) do you have any thoughts on Aemilia Peiraņa and the jailer/roleblocker discussion? my suspicions are not yet allayed sadly.

offline for a few hours to do the shopping but will check in again later. i'm glad we have a little more time to decide.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The lynch bomb was a good gambit because it put me into a totally :tinfoil: state of mind. (see my posting after) which basically led to our situation now. A lovely one for town imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
right as i can't see a vote on taste happening today i'm unvoting for now, ##unvote

i'd support a chaos lynch over moat atm (moat you better not be scum i'll be so embarrassed!). as he pointed out its prob him or taste and lynching him wrongly wouldn't lose us the game (unless you are a lynch bomb too chaos).

feel like i'm talking myself in circles a bit here, will come back later and read again.

• Locked thread