Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JordanKai posted:

My guess is that you won't get to do any fighting in the flashback/videotape segments, only in the present. The Playstation Blog entry claims this trailer is a videotape segment, although I don't know how that makes sense because you can see both of the character's hands on-screen at one point.

Is she wearing a GoPro?

I haven't watched many ghost hunter shows but they do tend to have body mounted cameras because tacticool reasons.

Maybe it's like that VHS segment with the zombies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Where can I buy generic baby dolls in bulk?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Where can I buy generic baby dolls in bulk?

Goodwill?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm really starting to believe this is the result of some executive reading a memo saying "Resident Evil fans want to see a bit more focus on horror", googling "modern horror games" and telling the dev team to make a Slenderman game set in the resident evil universe that Pewdiepie, Markiplier and all the other youtube screamers can yell at and advertise for.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The more I hear about Resident Evil 7 the less I'm interested in it. It just doesn't sound or look at all like what I want or expect from a Resident Evil game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Do we know anything about it other than the teaser, the demo that supposedly has nothing to do with the game, and that there will be combat? Seems pretty early to call the game our as being garbage.

I mean goons did the same thing with Until Dawn and that got pretty highly praised. And there was Evil Within where a large number of people were convinced it had an unlikable enemy following you through the entire game because that enemy appeared in a stream.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This game is a Resident Evil game so I will buy it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PureRok posted:

The more I hear about Resident Evil 7 the less I'm interested in it. It just doesn't sound or look at all like what I want or expect from a Resident Evil game.

Getting mad 2004 flashbacks here

therealjon_ posted:

Same

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

:agreed:

More excited for RE2 remake but this looks pretty cool.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I was with them alright on the first demo, but this doesn't look very good. What's supposed to be tense just comes off as trying too hard, and the scenario is kind of hard to believe. The lady clearly saw her, why is she just walking away? The tension is like, non-existent.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PureRok posted:

tbh what can anyone expect from a game called Resident Evil at this point in 2016. luckily capcom realized this too so they're remaking RE2 for everyone unable to grasp how much the series has changed in the last decade

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hi I'm a guy who got a gamecube at launch and never played RE4 until now and it's spooking my guts off

I don't know if I like being scared because I don't like horror games but wowee this game must have been incredible a decade ago because it's still really good now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let's all just agree that the Resident Evil 7 logo is very good

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

RE7 will be good.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Mortimer posted:

hi I'm a guy who got a gamecube at launch and never played RE4 until now and it's spooking my guts off

I don't know if I like being scared because I don't like horror games but wowee this game must have been incredible a decade ago because it's still really good now
Ya know, this is the thread to post ongoing impressions of the game if you want ;)

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Resident Evil 7 should have really been a game about a day in the life of Hunnigan.

You have to balance the stress of being the go between of a large government operation and Leon's insanity:

"You'll have to repeat that Leon, I can't hear you. All this interference sounds like a chainsaw or something . I'm going to tell the tech boys to sort their poo poo out."

"Good news Leon, the BSAA got caught doping again. We're certain to win next weeks inter-agency baseball tournament!"

"What's that Leon, another helicopter? What happened to the last one? .... *sigh* Fine, I'll start filling out the requisition forms."

Green herbs are still in the game but you smoke them in the parking lot just to get through the day.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vakal posted:

Resident Evil 7 should have really been a game about a day in the life of Hunnigan.

You have to balance the stress of being the go between of a large government operation and Leon's insanity:

"You'll have to repeat that Leon, I can't hear you. All this interference sounds like a chainsaw or something . I'm going to tell the tech boys to sort their poo poo out."

"Good news Leon, the BSAA got caught doping again. We're certain to win next weeks inter-agency baseball tournament!"

"What's that Leon, another helicopter? What happened to the last one? .... *sigh* Fine, I'll start filling out the requisition forms."

Green herbs are still in the game but you smoke them in the parking lot just to get through the day.
I'd play it.

You should have to make shady dealings with the Merchant so he sells stuff to Leon too.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the real re7 will be a chris redfield survival simulator

where you play as one of the dopes who gets roped into his missions that is bound to die in an extremely gruesome way

scoring based on how far you make it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RE Roguelike where you just play as a normal person in Raccoon City. Sure it starts out as just a standard zombie survival game but then poo poo gets weird. As time goes on lickers, hunters, tyrants, and other RE staples show up.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

smuh posted:

Ya know, this is the thread to post ongoing impressions of the game if you want ;)

well

I just got to the castle, the last boss (big dude who turns mutant-y) was the most tense I've been in the game so far. I climbed up the ladder and finally understood why it has tank controls, if I could back peddle away from him it'd be a lot easier but watching him lurch towards you and having to spin around yelling "gently caress god drat leon move" was pretty sweet.

I also heard the game was a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard which for the first hour I didn't believe. Then I got a scoped rifle and realized what they meant because holy moly I'm sniping mad fools

neat game so far, my friend wants me to co op 5 with him afterwards

e: also i finally understand that mega64 skit from a decade ago

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Golden Goat posted:

Starting to think when they said combat they meant like it would be really sparse and not much going on with it.

I suspect this is the case. The new PR fact sheet doesn't even mention combat at all.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Len posted:

RE Roguelike where you just play as a normal person in Raccoon City. Sure it starts out as just a standard zombie survival game but then poo poo gets weird. As time goes on lickers, hunters, tyrants, and other RE staples show up.

Man, if they added rougelike elements to a modern version of Outbreak, that'd be pretty darn cool.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Sakurazuka posted:

Getting mad 2004 flashbacks here
About time the RE fanbase gets another faction.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

General Morden posted:

giving me major clock tower vibes

Speaking of, how well do the Clock Tower games hold up as enjoyable? I always wanted to play those and never really got a chance to, so figure I might give it a go now.

I mean naturally they'll be dated as gently caress, but I'm asking from a perspective where I've gone back in the last few years and played a lot of PS games. Basically the resident evil series/dino-crisis/silent hill/parasite eve all ended up holding up amazingly and were just as much fun to play as ever. Nostalgia probably smoothed some of the rough edges there, but I also went though the Fear Effect games again and walked away hating them, so who knows.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Only the very first, SNES one is good, ironically enough. That being said, it was legitimately creepy and atmospheric as gently caress. I'd say it holds up.

Don't bother with any of the others.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
we've gone from Albert Wesker and Sadler to a homeless man and an old lady with glaucoma, thanks capcom

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Haunting Ground isn't really a Clock Tower game, but same basic game anyway and it's good.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Backhand posted:

Only the very first, SNES one is good, ironically enough. That being said, it was legitimately creepy and atmospheric as gently caress. I'd say it holds up.

Don't bother with any of the others.

The first PSX one is good as well.

In any case, they are point and click games so they aren't too dated by the gameplay. Although I remember the PSX one taking forever to get started.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Still has my interest. Also

therealjon_ posted:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Capcom just confirmed they're bringing RE7: biohazard to Tokyo Game Show next month. Will be playable on both PS4 and PSVR, which I believe is the first time they've let people play it on PSVR.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Capcom just confirmed they're bringing RE7: biohazard to Tokyo Game Show next month. Will be playable on both PS4 and PSVR, which I believe is the first time they've let people play it on PSVR.

Nah, it was playable on PSVR at E3. It was a pretty neat effect though it kinda made me sick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm still withholding judgment until we see some combat footage

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Vakal posted:

Every two days you have to arrange condolence flowers and cards for deceased helicopter pilots.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
No shotgun, no buy.

Hopefully there's some sort ammo and resource management. One of the reasons why I don't care for Outlast is the lack gadgets and boomsticks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They should make a Resident Evil game where you play as a poor Umbrella shmuchk who wakes up one day and goes "Holy poo poo my employers are insane"

You then decide to hand in your two weeks notice just as the next outbreak hits whatever facility you're stationed at and have to make your way out.

Although I can't decide if it would be funnier if as an Umbrella employee he has a pass card that allows him to bypass the stupid puzzles or he has to go through the puzzles and complains the entire way.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Personally, I'd like the game to be more like Eternal Darkness. Exploring a house/plantation with no combat, solving puzzles and finding tapes. Playing the tapes is how you play levels, some that are stealth levels, some combat-heavy, and others more puzzle oriented.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Just tried out No Mercy Mercs in RE6 and WOW what a difference! It kinda sucks they didn't up the score requirements get S ranks so it's ridiculously easy but at the same time it's nice not having to play so super slow.

Is No Hope diffculty of the campaign even fun? I really hope it doesn't go the Professional mode of RE5 route where anything will put you into the down state.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Just tried out No Mercy Mercs in RE6 and WOW what a difference! It kinda sucks they didn't up the score requirements get S ranks so it's ridiculously easy but at the same time it's nice not having to play so super slow.
I struggle with getting high scores in base Mercs in RE6, I end up wiping everything out before the next 'wave' of enemies can enter the playing field. Endlessly broken combo chains! No Mercy definitely makes it easier to keep a combo going but holy poo poo the crowds can get ridiculous on zombie stages (Urban Chaos in particular goes loving nuts by around 230 kills).

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Is No Hope diffculty of the campaign even fun? I really hope it doesn't go the Professional mode of RE5 route where anything will put you into the down state.
I've only played it in co-op, but I think it's a fun difficulty. Damage taken is indeed high enough to be punishing if you make mistakes, but it's not quite as bad as RE5's "armour is useless" mode.

Pureauthor posted:

Although I can't decide if it would be funnier if as an Umbrella employee he has a pass card that allows him to bypass the stupid puzzles or he has to go through the puzzles and complains the entire way.
Should be the character select option, with Easy mode being a supervisor who gets a high-security passcard while Hard mode is just some pleb low-level researcher who has to somehow solve all the Spencer Mansion puzzles backwards to escape.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 18, 2016

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm more intrigued by RE7 than I would've been if it was more over-the-shoulder mob shooting, which was great in 4 and alright in 5 and wearisome by RE6, which I only finished one of the campaigns on.

But I'm also not super excited by that footage so far, I like PT and the demo but I don't know how well that kind of scenario works stretched across hours. Agree with others that, while combat (especially if it's FPS) is pretty low on my priority list it also isn't clear if we'll be collecting weird keys and gems and puzzle stuff like the older games (I assume?) or if it's a pretty environment sneaking game.

Ideally it can recapture my early days with REmake where you are in a house with maybe 5 nasties and you only have 2 bullets and the nasties don't stay out of commission forever. About navigating across space repeatedly and carefully, but without making your family dudes into basically the alien from Isolation and require constant crouch-hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
did they ever patch in what to do with the stupid finger or is it still not in

also the trailer looks good to be honest, but i liked outlast and that brand of survival horror so an RE take on it is exciting to me