Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

well someone was paying attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Monterrey stuff actually makes tape too. If the match actually happens as advertised which is never a guarantee with lucha and especially those guys.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Rush owns
LA Park owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNv6BcFuTY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The new Observer had an interesting note related to AAA talent signed to LU deals.

quote:

There was a big issue this past week related to Pentagon Jr. and Fenix at the San Diego Comic Con. The story, according to SoCal Uncensored, started when FCW, a Southern California promotion, booked Pentagon Jr. for a 4/30 show and had been promoting him for two months. Then AAA started advertising him on a show that day in Mexico, and on 4/21, AAA called the promotion to tell them Pentagon Jr. wouldn't be coming because they didn't book him through proper channels. A lot of the Luchadors book their own U.S. dates or use guys who have connection and know the various North American indies to get themselves booked. Because of the strength of the dollar, almost everyone in Mexico looks to get as many weekends in the U.S. as they can. FCW then went through AAA to get Pentagon Jr. & Fenix on 7/22 and asked if they could have them fly in at 7/21 to do local publicity, and in particular, an autograph signing. The idea was to get them to sign autographs on 7/22 at the San Diego Comic Con to help promote the show at the Masked Republic and Headlocked booth. The problem was that Entertainment Earth had gone through Lucha Underground to get the two to sign at their booth on 7/21. Masked Republic was then warned of legal action by Lucha Underground for using any of their trademarks or selling any merchandise that could be confused in the marketplace with Lucha Underground merchandise. Masked Republic than in online marketing blocked out any reference to Lucha Underground names and said no wrestler could sell any merchandise that could be misconstrued as being Lucha Underground merchandise. When Pentagon Jr. & Fenix did the signing on 7/21, they were told they could not sign on 7/22. Gus Parsons, the FCW promoter, was never told this by anyone until Kevin Kleinrock of Masked Republic told him. Gus Parsons, the FCW promoter, wrote to AAA saying that Fenix and Pentagon were working for him that day and they had agreed to allow them to sign. AAA wrote back to him that there was an issue going on between Masked Republic and Lucha Underground and that AAA needs to "obey Lucha Underground's wishes." The wrestlers were allowed, and did work on the show that night, but FCW said a big part of their promotional strategy was the ability to promote the show that afternoon at Comic Con. Interestingly, other Lucha Underground performers were allowed to sign at the Masked Republic booth, including Melissa Santos and Johnny Mundo, who Masked Republic advertised as John Hennigan or John Morrison to avoid the ire of using his Lucha Underground name. Kleinrock said it was another example of Lucha Underground and AAA treating AAA talent like they were second class citizens.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The new Observer had an interesting note related to AAA talent signed to LU deals.

Yikes. Why would LU do that to their stars? When did their management get this bad?

Also, in LA Park and Rush news

quote:

Leo Riano’s column in Record says LA Park & Rush were suspended for three weeks following their performance in their super libre match on the Elite show. It wasn’t for the violence, but specifically for the blood since a sponsor frowns on that. (Edgar’s freakout did happen after it was clear Rush was bleeding.) Riano notes the suspension is dumb and I agree. Rush did appear on the Leyenda de Plata show two weeks ago, so CMLL suspensions must be odd. A three week suspension would mean they’d both be free to appear starting with next week’s Elite show.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Would that mean they're not actually doing the Monterrey rematch this weekend or just that they can't wrestle in Mexico City?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AfterFather posted:

Yikes. Why would LU do that to their stars? When did their management get this bad?

Also, in LA Park and Rush news

AAA talent signed to LU contracts has been treated shockingly poorly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Folks,

http://youtu.be/hcn5s4xN0eg

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Teddy Hart making a case for Comeback of the Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ama7kkshouo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/761770468579958785https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/761770468579958785

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

Teddy Hart making a case for Comeback of the Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ama7kkshouo

proper trash talk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Dragon Lee vs. Flamita is happening at Elite on Sunday btw

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That Triplemania card looks roughly a billion times better than last year's

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I would love to see it but I don't have any hope for a functional ppv stream.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I'm glad that he's just Mil Muertes in AAA now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

I would love to see it but I don't have any hope for a functional ppv stream.

I don't think it's being stream this year anyway or maybe that was CMLL Aniversario

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, CMLL's Anniverary is not being streamed live in most of the world although you can purchase it for on demand the next morning. Card doesn't look as impressive as the last few years but several of the matches should be worth catching. There's a good chance NJPW World will be streaming it if you can find a Japanese proxy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Observer posted:

CMLL is clearly aware that this year’s anniversary show with Dragon Lee vs. La Mascara on top doesn’t have the drawing power as the past three years. Ringside tickets in 2013 were $164, and the past two years were $204 but this year they are cut to $109

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

Yeah, CMLL's Anniverary is not being streamed live in most of the world although you can purchase it for on demand the next morning. Card doesn't look as impressive as the last few years but several of the matches should be worth catching. There's a good chance NJPW World will be streaming it if you can find a Japanese proxy.

Why isnt the Main Event Atlantis vs La Mascara Mask v Mask? Also is Rush suspended for this event?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AfterFather posted:

Why isnt the Main Event Atlantis vs La Mascara Mask v Mask? Also is Rush suspended for this event?

https://twitter.com/OficialRDR/status/766304553952096258
https://twitter.com/LIGERFEVER/status/766310655448141828

And Mascara has been feuding with the Muñozes for months so Atlantis wouldn't really make sense. Plus it wouldn't shock me if Mascara wins this one which would be bad enough but he obviously isn't gonna be the one to finally take Atlantis's mask.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The observer was also saying they're going to build a stronger card for the Mexico Independence show.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The Triplemania card looks pretty awesome. That said, the spacing between names on that poster is weird in places, and after rereading the card I'm sad that there is no wrestler (or actual serpent) called 'Australian Suicide Mamba'.

Also, didn't Hernandez burn his bridges with AAA, or was that solely with Lucha Underground.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germansimp posted:

The Triplemania card looks pretty awesome. That said, the spacing between names on that poster is weird in places, and after rereading the card I'm sad that there is no wrestler (or actual serpent) called 'Australian Suicide Mamba'.

Also, didn't Hernandez burn his bridges with AAA, or was that solely with Lucha Underground.

It was just LU. It was the TNA/LU fuckup

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, Hernandez went to TNA to shoot some angles, but I guess nobody told him he couldn't do that while still appearing on LU TV and LU"s lawyers were like "lol no."

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/lucharobot/status/766728592755560448

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can't wait for those guys to fight for the NEVER Trios title at NJPW's next Dominion show.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That gimmick is ... certainly a thing.

Is this how German wrestling fans feel when non-German wrestlers break out a Nazi gimmick?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

That gimmick is ... certainly a thing.

Is this how German wrestling fans feel when non-German wrestlers break out a Nazi gimmick?

There was a lot of hate for JBL goose-stepping there, IIRC

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Poster is fake there's no ninja turtles or minions

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

Yes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mexico is the last great territory

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Triplemania card looks really good, except for that last match. That last match is going to loving suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Triplemania card looks really good, except for that last match. That last match is going to loving suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

The larger question is how much of a technical clusterfuck the iPPV will be. I'll probably get it anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shave Seltzer tweeted a link to what I assume was CMLL's regular tv show and I wondered why those two dudes were tearing at each other's mask. I guess that makes sense if they have that match on the anniversary show, because I was confused thinking that tearing at the other dude's mask was poor play. Thankfully the oompa loompa dressed mini had a spare mask while the chicken headed mini looked on nonplussed.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they have heels in mexico too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eltoasto posted:

Shave Seltzer tweeted a link to what I assume was CMLL's regular tv show and I wondered why those two dudes were tearing at each other's mask. I guess that makes sense if they have that match on the anniversary show, because I was confused thinking that tearing at the other dude's mask was poor play. Thankfully the oompa loompa dressed mini had a spare mask while the chicken headed mini looked on nonplussed.

Please do not disrespect the Midget Blue Monkey.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/AAALucha/status/769666347714252801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Please do not disrespect the Midget Blue Monkey.

also he's a parakeet not a chicken