Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The terrible MacGyver trailer apparently made CBS shitcan the pilot and start from scratch.

Here is the new trailer:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-retooled-macgyver-reboot-adds-a-sense-of-humor-to-a-1785428204

The comments have it right. Sassy black friend and hot hacker, welp that's CBS.

loving sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

You don't want that, then you'll be stuck with her for eternity.

I'm not being paid to be funny and failing. She is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

The terrible MacGyver trailer apparently made CBS shitcan the pilot and start from scratch.

Here is the new trailer:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-retooled-macgyver-reboot-adds-a-sense-of-humor-to-a-1785428204

At least they are sending it to Friday so it can die quickly

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Fridays are really stable on CBS no reason to think it can't do well there.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Die quickly? This will probably last 5+ seasons on CBS.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GreenNight posted:

Here is the new trailer:

How is that trailer somehow worse then the last one?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
soooo who's watching Bachelor in paradise??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wandle Cax posted:

Are those idiot twins on it?

I probably should watch that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I saw a billboard ad for this new CBS show called "Bull," which I guess is about a judge because the space in the "u" is formed by a gavel. The tagline is "He'll Get You Off" and the man on the ad has the creepiest look on his face. I think I'll pass on that one.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Are those idiot twins on it?

Sure are. And the hilarious Canadian dude. It's a guilty pleasure but it's pure 100% reality tv entertainment for sure.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aussie humour at it's best. I don't say that lightly because it usually sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J55vgxNaaBY

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

He's not wrong. This show is pretty funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that was good. Aussie humor can be decent, the networks are just super lazy and prefer to localize stuff as much as possible rather than making more things like The Chaser or Review.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Australia also made Danger 5, as far as I'm concerned they're kings of comedy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Hakkesshu posted:

As well as Please Like Me, perhaps the most heartwarming comedy series of all time.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5Hn-5l2o4 The best of the first season, if you must watch only one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's rather disappointing Sirens was cancelled; it's on Netflix and it's still hilarious. Guess being basically the only half-hour scripted comedy series on USA did it no favors.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Here's a fun mental game for you: in discussing The Americans with someone doing a summer catch-up on it, we've basically realized there are like... ten different ways this show could have gone off the rails at any time, and now I want you, too, to imagine the version of this show where the Russian embassy is staffed by British people doing bad accents, Oleg is just some tracksuit mobster, and there is at least one shoehorned in scene in a club or disco with a top 40 hit of the era blaring over badly mixed dialogue to neon lights per episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

I saw a billboard ad for this new CBS show called "Bull," which I guess is about a judge because the space in the "u" is formed by a gavel. The tagline is "He'll Get You Off" and the man on the ad has the creepiest look on his face. I think I'll pass on that one.

Yeah, they had a shitload of commercials for it a month or two back as well. They still might, but I haven't watched CBS in a while outside of The Price is Right.
They got the guy from NCIS who would shoehorn movie references wherever possible, and apparently he's some kind of doctor / lawyer / ??? hybrid who is naturally smart and clever and bleeuuugggh you know the drill, and it's CBS so this show will probably stay on for like a billion years.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

raditts posted:

They got the guy from NCIS who would shoehorn movie references wherever possible, and apparently he's some kind of doctor / lawyer / ??? hybrid who is naturally smart and clever and bleeuuugggh you know the drill, and it's CBS so this show will probably stay on for like a billion years.

It gets better / worse. Bull is based on Dr. Phil's former life as a trial consultant.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

It gets better / worse. Bull is based on Dr. Phil's former life as a trial consultant.

Oh gross.

Michael Weatherly left NCIS for THAT?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

END ME SCOOB posted:

Here's a fun mental game for you: in discussing The Americans with someone doing a summer catch-up on it, we've basically realized there are like... ten different ways this show could have gone off the rails at any time, and now I want you, too, to imagine the version of this show where the Russian embassy is staffed by British people doing bad accents, Oleg is just some tracksuit mobster, and there is at least one shoehorned in scene in a club or disco with a top 40 hit of the era blaring over badly mixed dialogue to neon lights per episode.

My last roommate was around when I watched the last bunch of eps; he's from Belarus, and was impressed that not only were the Rezidentia staff fluent in Russian, but also legit good actors. The difference was especially pronounced for him after a binge through a host of other shows that had terrible Russian, like Legends of Tomorrow.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm most of the way through season 2 now, and I was just reflecting last night how happy I was that all the non-English in the show subtitled. It helps the immersion as well as illustrating the cultural differences.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How much more did you enjoy season 2 than 1? I like 1 so far but I wouldn't watch 50+ episodes of a show like it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Escobarbarian posted:

How much more did you enjoy season 2 than 1? I like 1 so far but I wouldn't watch 50+ episodes of a show like it.

The show ramps up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wa_81w0crg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe they let Gregory go. Regardless of how trustworthy he is/was that's a dumbshit move.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's not a drastic increase inquality (how could it be?) But season 2 is probably better.

One of the things I really like is that, despite almost every character being a terrible person or doing terrible things, they show humanizes them by giving them their own point of view and personal flaws.

Like every single character. They all feel like people. It's really cool.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

He's definitely not alone in disliking Melissa McCarthy. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a performance from her.

I have no opinion on Gilmore Girls as I've never watched it.

She pretty much made up this character on the spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7Cz7ttlrw

Also, Spy, which is a great comedy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

She pretty much made up this character on the spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7Cz7ttlrw

Also, Spy, which is a great comedy.

Oh my god.

When is she going to work with Danny McBride so I can physically die from laughing?

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 18, 2016

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I mostly know Rhyno as a BSS poster, which means, no specific offence to him, I wouldn't really listen to his thoughts on TV.

Look how much less worthy Occ's opinions are now he's started going on about Spider-Gwen and poo poo. He's basically just another pleb.

Melissa McCarthy is funny but her persona in a lot of movies like Bridesmaids is really annoying and poo poo. But she was great in Spy and good in Ghostbusters despite getting totally overshadowed.

Haven't watched Ghostbusters but I've read that she wanted to play off-type. But maybe there's something to be said about playing your lane, Bill Murray does a good job with that (rear end in a top hat whimsy in his 80s comedies, tears of a clown in his later ones).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hakkesshu posted:

Isn't Scrotal Recall also Australian? Cause that is a funny show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Lol. "If Margaritas are the best drinks ever - which they are - then frozen margaritas cut through space and time."

Claudia O'Daughterty's stuff on youtube is also worth looking up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUGid_0HNw

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/dkpQqmA.mp4

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

I think you are describing NBC's Allegiance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was reading an interview with Eric Andre and he says that so far there's only been two things that Adult Swim has told them they weren't allowed to do on the show. The first was having two ambiguously gendered PAs strip down and start having sex on set (which lawyers thought could cause some trouble with the guest) and the second was a pro-Al Qaeda country song (which was a victim of timing.)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm so glad the Director is not in the show any more. He was easily the worst part of the show. "Hello, my name is Mr Expedition. Please sit down while I run you through the storyline"

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I've downloaded this but have been too scared to sit down and give it some time. I flicked through some of the episodes and holy poo poo, this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Wandle Cax posted:

Me! I force myself through the boringness of Bachelor & Bachelorette to get to the true prize: Paradise. It's the best garbage television around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

iZombie's Rob Thomas is pitching a Lost Boys revamp to the CW. The twist is that he wants seven seasons with each season taking place in a different decade, following the vampires' journey across the 20th century. The whole thing definitely sounds overly ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm not sure the CW needs more vampires.

• Locked thread