Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I have a hot scoop about a Superstar being in the doghouse. I can't say who, but it'll be really obvious after Summerslam weekend

If we are throwing around weakly sourced scoops. Cesaro's deal is up next month APPARENTLY which is why the Best Of Series is happening APPARENTLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'How can we make sure Cesaro re-signs? A better push? New non awful theme song?'

'SEVEN MATCHES WITH SHEAMUS'

'perfect'

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

'How can we make sure Cesaro re-signs? A better push? New non awful theme song?'

'SEVEN MATCHES WITH SHEAMUS'

'perfect'

He'll win the seven, they'll go to him and say "See, we've got big plans for you! Just sign here!" And then he feuds with Sin Cara for the next 3 years.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I feel like each time someone asks Meltzer about Cesaro he always says "Cesaro isn't going anywhere" pretty definitively. I've never hoped for Meltzer to be more wrong, he needs out of there pronto.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Tato posted:

I feel like each time someone asks Meltzer about Cesaro he always says "Cesaro isn't going anywhere" pretty definitively. I've never hoped for Meltzer to be more wrong, he needs out of there pronto.

I think he just needs to go to Smackdown.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm the guy who sticks around because they put me up against Sheamus

I don't want freedom. I want Sheamus

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
At least with the seven matches stip, we get a definitive end to the "feud" instead of seeing something like Dolph/Kofi every week for 6 months straight

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
they won't go the full seven because cesaro will get injured

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
So Dolph's whole thing is basically going to be Christian's last main run, right? Aging vet gets last chance, told he isn't good enough by Smackdown ace, loses, turns dirty heel because of it? It might be fun to see that run again with someone the crowd doesn't adore over the top face this time.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That would be pretty cool, he can even lift the catchphrase. I loved the "One more match" era of Christian.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Christians title win was legit one of the best moments in wrestling. Too bad Orton ate him a day later.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I will never understand why Vince had so little faith in Christian, and yes I know it's because he's small

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Christian was great and his feud with Orton produces tons of great matches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

I will never understand why Vince had so little faith in Christian, and yes I know it's because he's small

It's because he's ugly and should have a blue dot over his face at all times.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Gotta say: Dean's championship run has been pretty good so far and I'd be fine with him holding it for a while longer. On the other hand, I'd really be interested in Bray with the belt or AJ winning and getting some new members of the Club to take over SD.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SunshineDanceParty posted:

That whole angle is still baffling. I'd love to hear what creative was attempting to do with it.

institute the amero of course

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I was gonna say that I was excited for a month of no paige matches but I don't remember the last time she was on tv so lateral move I guess

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I was gonna say that I was excited for a month of no paige matches but I don't remember the last time she was on tv so lateral move I guess
Apparently it was the June 27 Raw. She and Sasha beat Charlotte and Dana.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also because Vince thought his face was ugly.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/276...michaels-a-more

quote:

"Right before I started, there was a big show, I think it might have been in Toronto. Christian was just so completely over, and everybody thought he was going to get a push at, I think it was the World Heavyweight Championship at that point. We were on the plane one time shortly after I started, and Vince was just like “God drat, I just don’t like his face. His face really bothers me." I was like, “He’s ugly, Vince?” “No, it’s not that he’s ugly, it’s just, I don’t know, it’s ratty! You know what we should do? That Kennedy gimmick.” And we’re all like, “What?” Some see-on of the Kennedy fortune I guess got arrested for rape in the 1990s at some point. When the woman who was accusing him was on the stand, all of the networks put a blue dot over her face. Vince was like, “God drat, you know what we should do? We should put a blue dot over his face whenever he comes out.” It was the flight to Sheffield, England, also the flight where the Spirit Squad idea was invented. This was a whole flight of bad ideas."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

quote:

also the flight where the Spirit Squad idea was invented. This was a whole flight of bad ideas.

But the Spirit Squad was good :confused:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I have a hot scoop about a Superstar being in the doghouse. I can't say who, but it'll be really obvious after Summerslam weekend

Guys please stop making posts like this

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Professor Funk posted:

Mods, please change thread title to "You life is sheets of dirt"

Thank you

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

all we are is dirt in the wind...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Saraya just proving once and for all that rap is crap.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 18, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oatgan posted:

Guys please stop making posts like this

Roger, boss.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Rumor mill is saying that x-rays for Paige show she's really just two tiny cats piloting a human suit like Pacific Rim.

That's appropriate because like Pacific Rim, Paige is also pretty but mostly boring.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

If you take the first letter of each line you get YOINIAPIBNyYBWEAYAWCYYAYYYBYYYYRYYI, the coded messages run deep - what does it mean??

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

If you take the first letter of each line you get YOINIAPIBNyYBWEAYAWCYYAYYYBYYYYRYYI, the coded messages run deep - what does it mean??

YAYYYBYYYYRY (yay bye ry) clearly means we're going to celebrate the upcoming exit of Zack Ryder.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A beautiful eulogy from a grieving mother. RIP Page Beavis, you life was sheets of dirt

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 18, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

bradzilla posted:

God I love/hate that crazy old man

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Paige's grandmother was an alcoholic that would explain a lot about her mother

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's already been said but

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

sam bradford lmao posted:

If Paige's grandmother was an alcoholic that would explain a lot about her mother
Dunno about Paige's grandmother, but her step(?) grandfather was a huge fuckup, which snowballed into a long string of horrific events for Saraya. Listen to her on Colt Cobana's podcast for a big dose of :stare:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Dean Dream is dead. Putting him in an interview with the guy who people have been saying he's a modern version of killed him.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Dean was interviewed by Brian Pillman?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wrote another SummerSlam thing. This time about how SummerSlam '91 is basically the optimistic last hurrah of the Hogan Era before everything breaks down.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Excellent read! I have just one nitpick:

quote:

The steroid trial forced certain hard-working undercard acts towards the top because of their less-impressive physical stature.
Shouldn't that be in spite of?
:goonsay:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sam bradford lmao posted:

Excellent read! I have just one nitpick:
Shouldn't that be in spite of?
:goonsay:

In spite of would imply that they succeeded despite the fact that their build wasn't particularly impressive. I believe Gavok is saying that their less impressive builds were the specific reason they were getting pushed, though, which would mean that they were getting pushed because of them.

So I think he got it right.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pro Wrestling Sheet says Eva Marie got a wellness violation also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

HulkaMatt posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says Eva Marie got a wellness violation also.

it's a work. Her avoiding wrestling must continue

• Locked thread