Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

It would make sense to do the fake out entrance, then debut someone from NXT in her place, since they really need it more than ever now.

Idk who is in NXT and a heel though

They do have to do the entrance though. Its too funny not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

It would make sense to do the fake out entrance, then debut someone from NXT in her place, since they really need it more than ever now.

Idk who is in NXT and a heel though

They do have to do the entrance though. Its too funny not to

Just have Asuka come in and kick everybody's faces off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ProWrestlingSheet's reporter yesterday
http://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/766039774444392449

I'm expecting more post-Summerslam

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Thirty more days until I get to see Eva Marie wrestle :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

A reminder that if WWE even comes close to using the wellness policy as a work or bringing into question its enforcement, then it opens them up to lawsuits from talent, extalent, and possibly stockholders.

If ADR is done with the company at the end of his contract coming up, I guarantee he's met with an attorney to try to see if he could challenge the wellness strike here based on inconsistent enforcement of policy after Brock didn't get hit. I don't know if he'd win, but he'd have enough of a claim to tie WWE up in court with litigation.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
So is SS going to be like WM except everyone is on drugs instead of injured?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Dean rules and has been a very well booked champion and he's absolutely dropping the belt to Styles soon. These are not mutually exclusive things.

If you don't think WWE will go for the "three WMs in a row end with the three members of the Shield raising the belt", YOU CRAZY.

Given how the WWE's been doing wrestlemania the last few years I feel pretty certain they won't know who's in the main event until sometime in January, and as much as I enjoy Dean and want to see his run last awhile it would be the least surprising thing in the world if by Survivor Series he's back to the upper-midcard tier he was at before.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Golashes posted:

So is SS going to be like WM except everyone is on drugs instead of injured?

It's headlined by Brock Lesnar v. Randy Orton, what did you expect

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Teddybear posted:

A reminder that if WWE even comes close to using the wellness policy as a work or bringing into question its enforcement, then it opens them up to lawsuits from talent, extalent, and possibly stockholders.

If ADR is done with the company at the end of his contract coming up, I guarantee he's met with an attorney to try to see if he could challenge the wellness strike here based on inconsistent enforcement of policy after Brock didn't get hit. I don't know if he'd win, but he'd have enough of a claim to tie WWE up in court with litigation.

We went over this with Roman, using the policy as a work can never happen, but tying it into the show, ala Rollins bagging on Reigns during his suspension is okay. They even cracked a few jokes out of Reigns being suspended, so I really hope that means they're okay with doing the announcer joke everybody wants to see.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Billie Kay's whole character right now is that she showed up Smackdown once, so they could further it by putting her in Eva's slot.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
God drat wrestling's hilarious.

Since there are no other women on the Smackdown roster I'm guessing they either debut one of the women who's been hurt and ready enough to come back to do a little work, or just throw Summer Rae in there.

Or yeah Billie Kay.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VJeff posted:

We went over this with Roman, using the policy as a work can never happen, but tying it into the show, ala Rollins bagging on Reigns during his suspension is okay. They even cracked a few jokes out of Reigns being suspended, so I really hope that means they're okay with doing the announcer joke everybody wants to see.

Oh, yeah, that's what I meant. They can allude to it all they want, but the actual announcements and existence of suspensions have to be 100% real.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Or they'll just cancel the match and move a preshow match up, because who the hell cares.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So this is how Sami Zayn finally ends up on the card

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really want to know what she got popped for. I'm going to laugh if its adderall.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

The exciting debut of La Generica

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

BAH GAWD, what's Samantha Zayn doing in WWE?!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Redebut of Santina

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Gonna laugh when Paige and Del Rio get released after their suspensions are up, while Eva Marie comes back to a Jesus pop.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I want an Eva Marie/Kharma feud that lasts five years without either of them actually wrestling.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

WWE has announced that Jesus Christ(real name Jesus of Nazareth) has been suspended for violating the company's wellness policy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Golashes posted:

Or they'll just cancel the match and move a preshow match up, because who the hell cares.

The other five women in the match probably care and it's legitimately bullshit to bump five other people over the unrelated actions of one.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

BAH GAWD, what's Samantha Zayn doing in WWE?!

Elle Generico

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
i like the ring of suspensionslam more than summerslam so please refer to the event as such going forwards

thanks and good night

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Now that the Wyatt family seems to be breaking up again, the obvious solution is to replace All Red with Big Red.

Then give Rowan a gimmick where women love him for his brain but he completes rubik's cubes, oblivious to their advances.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With Del Rio and Eva Marie's suspensions being effective today, they miss out on PPV paydays for both Summerslam and Backlash

That brand split effect

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
So is Del Rio a bad influence on Eva Marie too?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Chris James 2 posted:

With Del Rio and Eva Marie's suspensions being effective today, they miss out on PPV paydays for both Summerslam and Backlash

That brand split effect

Wait, is Backlash exactly 30 days away from today? That's why they suspended them today, not yesterday?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
For real though if I were ADR Paige or Eva I would be pissed off right now that nothing is happening with Brock.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I totally 100% believe WWE takes their wellness policy seriously with these revelations that came weeks after it came out their biggest star has a contract that doesn't allow the company to suspend him.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Eva Marie is just really committed to the gimmick and the match will probably just turn into a tag match where Naomi manages Becky and Carmella and then turns on them at the end of the match. Or Tamina shows up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Teddybear posted:

Wait, is Backlash exactly 30 days away from today? That's why they suspended them today, not yesterday?

Not even 30 days, it's on Sept. 11 like 3 weeks from now. Which just makes the timing even weirder since neither Paige nor Del Rio were on the SummerSlam card and Eva was doing a pre-show thing at best.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The_Rob posted:

For real though if I were ADR Paige or Eva I would be pissed off right now that nothing is happening with Brock.

Oh poo poo, I straight up forgot about that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Teddybear posted:

No. Don't be like Rudy and forget when Backlash is :911:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Can't they just take Naomi out of the women's match since 100% of her current storyline is tied to Eva?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GenericMartini posted:

Eva Marie is just really committed to the gimmick and the match will probably just turn into a tag match where Naomi manages Becky and Carmella and then turns on them at the end of the match. Or Tamina shows up.

Both Naomi and Carmella turn on Becky. Diva's Alignment.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Apparently they're pushing forward with Eva removed from the match, and hyping the mystery of whether it'll be a handicap match or they'll find a replacement partner.

Also, apparently, they released King Konstantine, who was in NXT. ... Yeah, me neither.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
all PEDs everything

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Teddybear posted:

Also, apparently, they released King Konstantine, who was in NXT. ... Yeah, me neither.
Guy was a 6'9 greco-roman wrestler from Serbia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Eh, it's kind of picky.

At this point everyone in the company is aware of hypocrisy and double standards. Dave basically mentioned as much yesterday when talking about Orton/Brock (1. Brock getting away with no punishment for adlibbed "I don't give a poo poo about your kids" when if he were Maddox he'd be fired on-air, and 2. cursing censored multiple times in his promo package, meanwhile Orton said in his "poo poo, I don't like people and I didn't leave" and that whole line got deleted from the package when it came time to air)

Everyone knows Brock's done when his deal's up, and I think that's why people aren't getting mad and taking those complaints to upper management. Special treatment has always been a thing, and Br*ck himself is a temporary problem. Del Rio won't complain because his foot's out the door, probably in September. Paige will in all likelihood follow.

• Locked thread