Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Very mild S3 spoilers in link. New time slot next season. It's probably being moved to Friday night with Supernatural and Constantine.

Rahul trolled idiots on twitter by saying Annie Lenox would be playing Blaine in S3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Constantine, what?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Gobbeldygook posted:

Very mild S3 spoilers in link. New time slot next season. It's probably being moved to Friday night with Supernatural and Constantine.

Rahul trolled idiots on twitter by saying Annie Lenox would be playing Blaine in S3

So basically the zombie war set-up that was teased in the finale.. Awesome, I'm excited!

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Tangential, but it looks like Rob Thomas's next project for the CW is an adaptation of stupid/awesome 80s horror comedy The Lost Boys. I would have rolled my eyes at it if it were any other creative team, but I'm kind of cautiously hopeful it'll be fun and good based on how well iZombie's done.

Also, they had better have Greasy Saxophone Guy in this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmbt1RjPn4M

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

GreenNight posted:

Constantine, what?

Ditto. Constantine, what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CW only airs 2 shows a night, not 3. And Supernatural is on Thursdays.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Also tangential, just as important: RYAN LOCHTE IS A ZOMBIE :kingsley:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Also tangential, just as important: RYAN LOCHTE IS A ZOMBIE :kingsley:

The first thing I said when I saw his ridiculous hair was that he was the bad guy in iZombie

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I haven't seen anyone ask, so I assume that it is a dumb question, but can he do two shows at once or should we be worried for the future of iZombie?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Oasx posted:

I haven't seen anyone ask, so I assume that it is a dumb question, but can he do two shows at once or should we be worried for the future of iZombie?

Particularly because iZombie is a short season and he works with Diane R-sorry-forgot-the-rest who I think might even be primary show runner, nothing to worry about. Berlanti is involved with more shows/episodes per year, even considering some of the backlash to those recently.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So Major shoots Vaughn in the hand and he can't use the elevator because he didn't think to make it with a left or right hand acceptance feature.

Why did he raise his hand though? He looked like he was going for a high five but he didn't say anything to imply that before he got shot.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Just binged this show - hopefully this thread isn't too far back - and holy hell do I love this show. All the actors kill it. If we're debating the Rose McIver/Aly Michalka thing, I'd put my money more on Aly but not by much. hawddamn.

It's neat to re-watch the pilot, and notice the red paint effect on Liv's hospital makes it look, from afar, like a splatter effect. The entire series starts in what looks like an iconic zombie level from a video game.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
For whatever reason I thought maybe my post in the Flash thread summoned the ghost of this thread. while it's here though I'm not sure if we should update the OP and title for season 3 or make a new thread. I don't think S3 is starting until late April or early June now since it was pushed back because CW doesn't know how to manage their own time slots.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On a rewatch you can see tons of little jokes or foreshadowing. It's great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Floppychop posted:

On a rewatch you can see tons of little jokes or foreshadowing. It's great.

Examples?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Clive drinking Max Rager in one of the first episodes before it was even mentioned.

When I rewatched I remembered have a fair amount of "neat" moments in relation to foreshadowing and whatnot, but it's been a while and I can't remember a ton of exact examples.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I remember watching it as it was going on that it had the best uses of dramatic irony I can think of in recent times, but all I can really think of now is how it turned out there was absolutely no need to leave that dog on the bus.

Clearly time for a rewatch.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So its coming back in April for 13 episodes. I smell cancellation. :(

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The first two seasons were both picked up for 13 episodes. It's just that the CW decided at some point afterwards to add another 6 to the order. So that's still within the realm of possibility, I would say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

So its coming back in April for 13 episodes. I smell cancellation. :(

Yes. It was cancelled nine years ago today. Please wake up, we miss you.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I think the producers or someone talked about them preferring sticking to the locked 13 episodes, because it let's them focus more on a solid single short story. Whereas the last two seasons they had to write a 13 episode story with a satisfying conclusion for the 13th episode, but with enough openings that they could quickly append another half season to the end at a moments notice.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Christ it's not back until April? the CW is the worst

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

This a million times

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

This is what they get for starting several new shows and being bad at math and spreadsheets. I think when we come back in January No Tomorrow is over, but they're moving Legends of Tomorrow to that slot Tuesday after Flash because :confused:. I think that they are starting some new show on Thursdays, and then iZombie slots in Tuesday after Legends ends.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CW is a bunch of buttholes because they seriously have my number pegged. I am watching (and loving) 75% of what they are broadcasting. With the streaming app it makes life easy to catch up and watch when I want.

If they cancel this show I will be seriously displeased. This was a must watch show and not filler.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soothing Vapors posted:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wow, this thread has been dead while. Still, this is the only place I can think of to post this.

Wonder if he'd do it... wonder what would happen to iZombie if he does?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Wow, this thread has been dead while. Still, this is the only place I can think of to post this.

Yesssssss but also Noooooooooooo

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
That would get me to start watching Doctor Who again.

It'd be a huge blow to this show, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new Doctor won't debut til Christmas, maybe he could do both?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

Make Rose McIver the companion and I might actually watch.

Much better idea: make Rose McIver the Doctor and Rahul the companion.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'd almost be okay with losing iZombie for his chance at being the Doctor.

Almost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Make Rose McIver the companion and I might actually watch.

Much better idea: make Rose McIver the Doctor and Rahul the companion.

No way man, if anyone would be the right choice for the Doctor it's Rahul.

And Major can be the Master!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They should just do an episode where Liv eats the brain of a dr who fanatic

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azhais posted:

They should just do an episode where Liv eats the brain of a dr who fanatic

It would be pretty messed up to eat the brain of a manchild.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As far as I can tell there's been like 2 Doctor Who episodes over the last 2 years, so I'm all for him staying on iZombie and just doing a Dr. Who season over a long weekend.

That's how UK TV works, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let's be real, iZombie isn't going to go on forever. This could very possibly be the final season so if Rahul got a shot at Who he should take it.

And he can take the entire iZ crew with him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

STAC Goat posted:

As far as I can tell there's been like 2 Doctor Who episodes over the last 2 years, so I'm all for him staying on iZombie and just doing a Dr. Who season over a long weekend.

That's how UK TV works, right?

Insert the joke about UK Television from The Good Place here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It can go on as long as Supernatural, right?

• Locked thread