Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

Technician. Bullet Seed is such an insane upgrade over Seed Bomb. :getin:

Technician also means that you do not have to run Stone Miss.

I hope Breloom remains good in Gen VII.

I feel like it would be very hard for Breloom to become bad if it managed to survive Gen VI intact with all the insane flying priority flying around between Talonflame and Mega-Pinsir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that owns

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cheetah7071 posted:

I have no idea how to narrow this down to 6 and we aren't even done with spoilers yet. There'd be two more in the list too if you could get all the starters solo.

You can get all the starters solo.

Let me tell you about this wonderful thing called the Pokemon Bank, right...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

love to double my speed to use increased priority moves

it can do different things on different turns DORK

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh

Moves:
Protect
Teeter Dance
Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder

Nature:
Timid

Held Item:
Focus Sash

Ability:
Chlorophyll

i apologize for swearing at you oddium

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
People really don't respect the power of Swords Dance Scolipede on Showdown.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

According to this site my team of all-time favorites would be:

it's a neat site

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Here's my favorites

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Technician. Bullet Seed is such an insane upgrade over Seed Bomb. :getin:

Technician also means that you do not have to run Stone Miss.

I hope Breloom remains good in Gen VII.

if it remains the only spore user that can do damage then it will probably still be good

Zore posted:

People really don't respect the power of Swords Dance Scolipede on Showdown.

I respect swords dance

with foul play.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Zore posted:

All Alolan pokemon seem to have really poo poo abilities even compared to their normal ones.

Vulpix/Ninetales get Snow Cloak vs. Flash Fire
Exeggutor gets Frisk vs Chlorophyll
Raichu gets Surge Surfer vs Static
Marowak gets Cursed Body vs Rock Head

You're kidding right? Assuming it's got the same speed as Kanto Raichu then here's a list of things faster than Alolan Raichu while Elec Terrain is active:

Scarfed Ninjask
Scarfed Deoxys, Deoxys-A and Deoxys-S
Swift Swim Floatzel w/ Rain
Chlorophyll Whimsicott w/ Sun (lol)

Literally EVERYTHING else is slower.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

if it remains the only spore user that can do damage then it will probably still be good

morellul moonblast coming through

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
well I set the thing to gen 4 only and

I think I messed up

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zoness posted:

well I set the thing to gen 4 only and

I think I messed up

im glad to see that you have jesus in your heart

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
The real all-star team:

Apparently I like bug, flying, and bug/flying, with a minor in ghost.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll reiterate my team. Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Alolan Raichu, Dedenne, and Mimikyu.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So we got a literal monster made of sand that doesn't have sand stream but instead an ability that will not help it against a Shellder's weak physical water attack.

Hmm :crossarms:

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
Who gives a poo poo, he is my pal who is made of sand.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Shneak posted:

So we got a literal monster made of sand that doesn't have sand stream but instead an ability that will not help it against a Shellder's weak physical water attack.

It'll be good for doubles, but I do agree that it isn't near as helpful as you'd think.

Anyway, I guess I'll be working with some of these guys if that quiz is to be believed:

Replace Quilladin with Arcanine.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 20, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heck yes. post your favorite pokemon screenshots are back. haters vacate

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

my favorite is bulbasaur which my phone recognizes and auto completed for me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Well, using Poison Heal is an admission to being a weak human being and a poor lover, so Technician.

I like poison heal breloom......................

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

7 and 8 would've been Tauros and Bouffalant. Alola Kingler will have his revenge on the bitch-rear end, unique move stealing piece of trubbish called crawdaunt. Alola Arcanine will probably be pretty cool too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I don't need no stinking test to tell people my favorite Gen I-VI pokes

Scolipede, Tyrantrum, Sableye, Heliolisk, Leavanny, Venonat

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Who gives a poo poo, he is my pal who is made of sand.

I do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Sandcastle's ability sucks, I can't believe it doesn't get Arena Trap or Sand Stream. I'll shout this from the rooftops until the day I die.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Flagrant Abuse posted:

The real all-star team:

Apparently I like bug, flying, and bug/flying, with a minor in ghost.
You I like.

Shneak posted:

Does it not? I'd have to watch the video again, but it looked like it's flat-out immune to Water attacks. Same way Lightning Rod works, basically.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Rangpur posted:

You I like.

Does it not? I'd have to watch the video again, but it looked like it's flat-out immune to Water attacks. Same way Lightning Rod works, basically.

No, it pretty clearly took damage from the Shellder's attack. Or it just had a supercut to it at 25% health for no reason.

It seems to work like Justified.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Countblanc posted:

The Sandcastle's ability sucks, I can't believe it doesn't get Arena Trap or Sand Stream. I'll shout this from the rooftops until the day I die.

maybe it has an ability we haven't seen yet. just kind of tucked away. where we can't see. you know

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh well. I was more interested in Minior anyway.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm pretty sure lightning rod and flash fire and the like straight up skip the attack's animation when they're triggered, that didn't happen when shelder hit the sandcastle

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
here's my alola team

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No pokedex form gently caress off

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's pretty fun to discover what favorites lie beyond your #1, which I think most people are capable of identifying

I did this a while ago so I'm not too sure about the placement of Electivire and Forretress, because there are a few others trailing after them that I might like more. It would be worth retaking just to see.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Clearly the only solution is to list your top 6 from all 17 types, plus your six favorite Megas.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I've used each of these numerous times before, I don't see any reason to change that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Please make alolan scrafty look like team skull members.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i just fought a watchog and i never realized it wears a safety vest. much better than i remember overall

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think getting all these opinions out of people's systems this early in the thread is good, gets it all out in the open.

Here's to another 2000 pages of wonderful opinions :cheerdoge:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That quiz is hard. I've got it narrowed down to like twelve and every time I eliminate one more it causes me physical pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, next we can all post what our own personal trials would be if we were island captains.