Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My top 10. I didn't actually realize that I like Pangoro's design that much until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Fave team for me is my Gen 5 TR team
Marowak/Octillary/Bronzong/Conkeldurr/Reuniclus/Dusclops.

I'm really feeling Punchycrab and SnowSandslash if he is semi fast.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 20, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the only new pokemon i'm 100% sold on using for my first playthrough are mimikyu and ninetales. everything else i like but i want to see what all my options are

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

So are they not doing any new mega evolutions? If not I think that's a huge mistake since it'd do a lot to broaden the meta. Also does anyone know if the Alola forms have higher stats or just the same base stat total but rearranged?

Also I really want this to be real.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What will everyone's reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revealed to be completely terrible?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 1, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

What will everyones reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revealed to be completely terrible?

Disappointment I guess, in this entirely hypothetical situation which probably won't occur because there's never been a bad pokemon game (yes, not even Diamond and Pearl).

What's the point of the question?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

actually

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PSWII60 posted:

I'm really feeling Punchycrab and SnowSandslash if he is semi fast.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Snowslash is explicitly stated to be slower than regular Sandslash. Its supposed to be more defensive, which is why they gave it a god awful type for defense! :shepface:

Pureauthor posted:

What will everyones reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revelaed to be completely terrible?

I'm not even sure what they could do at this point to make the game awful.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

Snowslash is explicitly stated to be slower than regular Sandslash. Its supposed to be more defensive, which is why they gave it a god awful type for defense! :shepface:

Maybe they finally buffed the Ice type! :v:

One can only hope. :negative:

Pureauthor posted:

What will everyones reactions be when Sun/Moon comes out and is revelaed to be completely terrible?

Dunno. Be disappointed, I guess? Also not sure what the point of the question is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm trying to temper the hype. That's an important job!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pureauthor posted:

I'm trying to temper the hype. That's an important job!

...no?

Im going to be 3x as hype just to cancel this out.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I was excited to receive my copy of white 2 on the mail this morning. I'd bought off some vendor on amazon. New copy even. But upon unboxing the package, it turned out to be one of those dodgy "UAE/Malaysia" region dealios that some people have reported come with no game inside or sometimes a copy of mystery dungeon. I'll just return it and try to get a refund.

And I was anticipating playing it too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So are they not doing any new mega evolutions? If not I think that's a huge mistake since it'd do a lot to broaden the meta. Also does anyone know if the Alola forms have higher stats or just the same base stat total but rearranged?

Also I really want this to be real.

should be ghost type imo

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

:sigh: I'm sure some other super cool mons will be found. I do like Marowak and the sea cucumber and Mimikyu. Maybe whatever Marshadow is will be cool too. Has a cool name.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 20, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The "slower than Sandslash" bit may have just been because Sandslash gets Sand Rush, but I guess we'll see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i feel bad about dumping 5 straight wurmples on wonder trade but it's not like i caught them and put them on there to begin with!!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want there to be a Mega Girafarig. Such a good design deserves to see more use.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i feel bad about dumping 5 straight wurmples on wonder trade but it's not like i caught them and put them on there to begin with!!

Now they're cursed to wander the digital trade bucket eternally, never having a trainer, like that Zubat comic.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I want to say you're full of poo poo but this year has been such as shitshow from all angles that I just can't bring myself to do it. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously ice type will be buffed to have a bunch of resistances so that alola sandslash will be the best sandslash he can be

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

obviously ice type will be buffed to have a bunch of resistances so that alola sandslash will be the best sandslash he can be

yeah give it resistances to common attacking types such as poison, grass, and psychic.

buff ice type and how about make it so that not every pokemon in the game learns ice beam. mewtwo has had ubers sets where its only attacking move is ice beam :wtc:, why even bother with STAB when you have such high stats and it's such good coverage.

(please buff psychic as an offensive typing, is what I'm saying)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 20, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The problem is that ice is garbage defensively but almost all ice Pokémon are slow as gently caress. When you give an ice Pokémon good speed and attack you get weavile, and that guy is power.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

I also like Pokemon.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gallade and Jynx? You're disgusting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ban all legendaries from online play because I don't want to remember what they can do.

they're legendaries, stop making me think about them in practical terms!!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

My boys

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

help :qq:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

eliminate all but suicune. maybe ninetales. give me the mouse

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

I wish this was a good team as well.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

oddium posted:

eliminate all but suicune. maybe ninetales. give me the mouse
I don't think I've ever caught a suicune, I should go do that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rename Ice type to Glass type, problem solved.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Gotta say my favorite team is my rain dance team: Shiny Luvdisc, Shiny Luvdisc (might as well), Ludicolo, Helioptile, Toxicroak, and Omastar.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kabutops?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I loving LOVE LISTS

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cicadas! posted:

I loving LOVE LISTS

Then you'll love mine!
http://www.dragonflycave.com/favori...138%2C205%2C214

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The best Pokémon are Hydreigon, Scizor, and Togekiss.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My team, Smooth Bird and the Muscle Boys

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

My team, Smooth Bird and the Muscle Boys

where's the bears?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

yeah give it resistances to common attacking types such as poison, grass, and psychic.

Ice definitely needs resistances but those types are already some of the most resisted in the game, it wouldn't be fair to them. IMO ice needs to resist water (they'd be mutually resistant like but and fighting) and while we're at it, remove the fairy type's resistance to bug, fairy has enough resistances as it is and bug types were just starting to get good in gen5 but gamefreak had to ruin it.

Are you Giovanni IRL?

Tired Moritz posted:

ban all legendaries from online play because I don't want to remember what they can do.

they're legendaries, stop making me think about them in practical terms!!

I really hate legendaries as a concept, and getting ones with good IVs for competitions is such a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cute things are cute