Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'd voice Opal.

I mean, she'd become British, Male and very deep, but it'd be free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd voice Opal.

I mean, she'd become British, Male and very deep, but it'd be free!

A gem with a deep masculine sounding voice who uses female pronouns and has an extremely feminine appearance is actually something I'd really like.

Let Patrick Warburton voice a gem.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqhPbYufVk

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Yet another casualty of Lauren Zuke being run off the internet by terrible people.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Would be amusing to have a line calling the people out on that.

Steven "Peridot, you haven't chirped in a while. What's wrong?"
Peridot: "Humans are jerks..."
Steven: "..."
Lapis: "Steven... aren't you going to defend your people?"
Steven: "What can I say? The internet seems to have that effect sometimes."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

But why does a Diamond need a geoweapon?

:ohdear:

Out-there theory; The gem race are currently at war with a powerful unknown enemy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Say Nothing posted:

Out-there theory; The gem race are currently at war with a powerful unknown enemy.

But little did we realize, this whole time they were at war... with themselves.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

A gem with a deep masculine sounding voice who uses female pronouns and has an extremely feminine appearance is actually something I'd really like.

Let Patrick Warburton voice a gem.

Dr Mrs the Moonstone?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Rose!Smoky Quartz fanart :3:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GLOSS posted:

Yet another casualty of Lauren Zuke being run off the internet by terrible people.

I hope Zuke leaving Twitter doesn't mean that the Peridot Twitter goes silent. I was already disappointed in Peri's lack of updates during Kindergarten Kid.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

TinTower posted:

Rose!Smoky Quartz fanart :3:

I feel like if Amethyst had ever fused with Rose (likely, since it was a few thousand years they hung out) she wouldn't have been called Smoky Quartz. When Smoky Quartz announced her name, it seemed to be a brand new thing for Amethyst. Or maybe not, who knows, maybe I'm just a dummy.

I really hope the rest of the series has Steven at least doing separate fusions with Pearl and Garnet too. That'd really cement him as part of the team, especially with his newfound powers and strength as of late. Its seems like something he clearly wouldn't have been ready for before.

Also there's been a rumor floating around that the Crewniverse confirmed one of the crystal gems will be shattered sometime over the course of the show? This seems....iffy given this is something some yahoo could have just puked up for attention on tumblr, so I wanted to see if it had any weight from a real interview.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 20, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I also don't think their weapon would be a yo-yo. The drawing is good tho

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

I feel like if Amethyst had ever fused with Rose (likely, since it was a few thousand years they hung out) she wouldn't have been called Smoky Quartz. When Smoky Quartz announced her name, it seemed to be a brand new thing for Amethyst. Or maybe not, who knows, maybe I'm just a dummy.

I really hope the rest of the series has Steven at least doing separate fusions with Pearl and Garnet too. That'd really cement him as part of the team, especially with his newfound powers and strength as of late. Its seems like something he clearly wouldn't have been ready for before.

Also there's been a rumor floating around that the Crewniverse confirmed one of the crystal gems will be shattered sometime over the course of the show? This seems....iffy given this is something some yahoo could have just puked up for attention on tumblr, so I wanted to see if it had any weight from a real interview.

That both sounds like a thing that I doubt will happen and also something that if it was happening they'd keep a tight lid on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

LemonLimeTime posted:

That sounds far too grim for this show. In fact I'd say it's almost certainly some fan's Edgy Steven Universe Theory™ they're trying to pass off as legit.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The show might deal with the death of a character since that's a major part of life but if they do it'll probably be a flashback to Rose's remogrification and how everyone reacted at the time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LemonLimeTime posted:

I'm 100% positive that nobody on the crew would ever confirm "Yeah, we're just going to straight up kill a main character at some point."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't believe they're going to kill off Onion.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If they wanted to go full Trope they'd kill Connie's family

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LemonLimeTime posted:

myself from the last thread posted:

Let me go ahead and spoil it for you and put your mind at ease then: Garnet is never dying. Sapphire is never dying. Neither is Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Connie, Greg, Peridot or Lapis. None of these characters are in any danger of dying at any point in the series

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So you're saying Ronaldo and Jane off it in a murder/suicide pact? Wow you're dark.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

LemonLimeTime posted:

They said "I feel like Amethyst knows this" which would imply they've fused before with the same name.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Garbage Fries finally catch up to Greg.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm more concerned about the lore implications of this leaked flashback.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/421567f0cf45abeaf5cfdc75f25245d2/tumblr_obo6y5G0sQ1r5m058o1_500.jpg

x

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

This is how the next Gem Rebellion will be settled. Not with Whip, or Shield or Mighty Gauntlet.

But, with Space Jam Buddies.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I hope Zuke leaving Twitter doesn't mean that the Peridot Twitter goes silent. I was already disappointed in Peri's lack of updates during Kindergarten Kid.

Or one can interpret both her and peri's twitter as "Zuke's Twitter presence was a third job to her, and even if nothing weird happened before she left, other than some weirdo from i09 interpreted as "Clearly She Was Ran Away From Uppity Queer Folk" piece that everyone believed in the day after, she felt constantly pressured to talk about green and blue rocks over and over again, not being able to develop other ... morps or to relax. So being away from twitter for a bit would be good for both Zuke and Peridot to develop their morps with a more close audience or just to relax." Which, given the last tweets she did before leaving, was the more simple response to the point that those close to her just wrote "Hey, animation folk have a limit of interaction and even if they were showered with praise over their work, they have other needs and wants other than making your favourite toon so cool it" pieces instead of everyone else's "If I poo poo hard enough on uppity queer people with no artistic clout maybe, just maybe, she'll return to twitter to draw more gay green and blue rocks and she'll DM me feet pics"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ain't no rules saying dogcopter can't play basketball.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Turn out what corrupted the gems was the Choas Dunk all along.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pink Diamond could slam, but Rose Quartz refused to welcome her to the jam.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe Gems are like dogs, and that they just do things arbitrarily.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Source: http://zombie-senpai.deviantart.com/art/Zircon-Peridot-and-Lapis-Fan-Fusion-583873316

This is probably the only good Peridot + Lapis fan fusion I’ve seen. I could see Pamela Adlon (Louie, voice of Bobby from King of The Hill amounts many others) voicing her, giving her the perfect mix of Peridot’s squeakiness and Lapis’ snarkiness. Dunno what the hell her weapon would be. Maybe a giant metal bazooka that shoots hydro pump blasts of water?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 20, 2016

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pretty anime lookin' IMO.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

Source: http://zombie-senpai.deviantart.com/art/Zircon-Peridot-and-Lapis-Fan-Fusion-583873316

This is probably the only good Peridot + Lapis fan fusion I’ve seen. I could see Pamela Adlon (Louie, voice of Bobby from King of The Hill amounts many others) voicing her, giving her the perfect mix of Peridot’s squeakiness and Lapis’ snarkiness. Dunno what the hell her weapon would be. Maybe a giant metal bazooka that shoots hydro pump blasts of water?

I'd wager electric power

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MSyxDTAUDc

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Finally got caught up. Thank's iTunes for not telling me that I needed to buy Vol. 5 after Steven VS Amethyst.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BigRed0427 posted:

Finally got caught up. Thank's iTunes for not telling me that I needed to buy Vol. 5 after Steven VS Amethyst.

I like how it everything after season 3 is in the no season section so you have episode 3. Hit The Diamond on top of episode 3. Back To The Moon / Bubbled.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
listen here you tiny twerp

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

thatbastardken posted:

listen here you tiny twerp

This and Kindergarten Kid convinced me of the awesomeness of Peridot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just saw a Tumblr post pointing out that the original Steven Quartz Universe was the pompadour Steven from "Steven and the Stevens" and he got erased from existence. We've been watching an alternate timeline Steven ever since.

I guess that's the canon reason for his character development now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
our Steven is the original Steven, since they all went back in time to the beginning of the episode

tbh I find the idea that those timelines might still exist, where all those stevens just disappeared to be way more disturbing, although I suppose the cluster would have destroyed all those earths by now