Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Truly, :biotruths:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

It's the only way to be sure.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I hope the snake made it out okay.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's the only way to be sure.

No, no, you do this with spiders. Rookie mistake.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Holy poo poo I just looked this up on youtube and it's nuts how huge this whole thing got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ATPKgadF4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is from last year: 'I could have died': Asda shelf-stacker, 18, tells how she was bottled by Countdown champion who travelled 500 miles to Scotland to attack her after she gave his book a bad review online

Some people can't take criticism.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Crepefruit? I'm down.

I only know of one fruit that people crepe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aod13gHgBhs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

What's up with nerds and being creepy losers

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

When questioned, the suspect told police "I would have walked 500 more"

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

'THE BENEVOLENT STALKER' :3: See, he was all right.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

When questioned, the suspect told police "I would have walked 500 more"

lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

For a moment I thought "Asda Shelf-stacker" was the victim's name and it almost works as a name.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

This looks delicious but I heard that the durian is supposed to be some demon fruit that's akin to that white/blue dress meme: delicious to some and tasting like death's own colon to others.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What I've always heard about durians is that they taste good but smell like Satan's unwiped rear end in a top hat so you have to overcome that to have a taste.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rough Lobster posted:

This looks delicious but I heard that the durian is supposed to be some demon fruit that's akin to that white/blue dress meme: delicious to some and tasting like death's own colon to others.

For something like 90% of the population, it smells like fetid sewage and makes you want to heave.
For the other 10%, it just smells like a fruit: not particularly wonderful, but not offensive at all.

It really is a binary situation.

I am one of the 10% and, not thinking, bought a bag of durian sweets for my office colleagues as a gift. The reaction was as if I had wrapped poo poo into sweet wrappers and passed it around.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I had a durian smoothie and I can only describe the flavor as "vanilla onion" but... good.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I cut one off a tree in Brasil and I don't remember anyone having problems with the smell. Cutting it open was hell though. After hacking at it for 15 minutes with the biggest knife I could find I barely damaged it. And it exudes extremely sticky stuff that stayed on my fingers for days.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

What I've always heard about durians is that they taste good but smell like Satan's unwiped rear end in a top hat so you have to overcome that to have a taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V5mWjOzkgk

This is a man who's made a career off of eating strange and disgusting foods.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anthony Bourdain loves durian but to be fair he also loves Waffle House

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
In everything that isn't some sensational oh my god they are banned on buses lets try it out despite having no sympathetic preferences for related foods?!? media treatment of durian, the measured description of durian is that its like you have your stinky cheese and fruit together.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Courtesy WaPo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

For a moment I thought "Asda Shelf-stacker" was the victim's name and it almost works as a name.

that's a elder scrolls Nord name if i ever heard one

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know Usain Bolt was mixed up with loyalist paramilitary gangs:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V5mWjOzkgk

This is a man who's made a career off of eating strange and disgusting foods.

In an episode where he showed you can get plenty of weird food right in his own backyard of NYC, he tried it again and still couldn't do it.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
This happened at my work last night, I find it funny for the allegedly, is it still alleged when we found parts of her car still in the store during cleanup?
http://www.kezi.com/news/Women_Drives_Car_into_Safeway.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KEZI_9_News

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Elohssa Gib posted:

This happened at my work last night, I find it funny for the allegedly, is it still alleged when we found parts of her car still in the store during cleanup?
http://www.kezi.com/news/Women_Drives_Car_into_Safeway.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KEZI_9_News

"Women drives car into Safeway"? I didn't know this is a stereotype now.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

The MSJ posted:

"Women drives car into Safeway"? I didn't know this is a stereotype now.
Who cares about spelling gotta get the story out fast, don't want to get scooped.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Women drives car into Safeway, men drives car in to work! Git'r'done.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Elohssa Gib posted:

I think there's so much caution around accidentally publishing an incomplete or incorrect story that virtually every story now from every publication except tabloids begins with "allegedly" until they either admit it or it's absolutely proven, which usually only comes long after the fact after a full investigation.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I think there's so much caution around accidentally publishing an incomplete or incorrect story that virtually every story now from every publication except tabloids begins with "allegedly" until they either admit it or it's absolutely proven, which usually only comes long after the fact after a full investigation.

Yeah, that is standard news practice for any crime story.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010
Police blow up suspicious sandwich

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/police-carry-controlled-explosion-pesto-everywhere/

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

This sounds suspiciously like something an old cat-hating :420: dealer buddy of mine would do

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

quote:

Norway man rescued after climbing into public toilet
Firefighters in Norway have pulled a man from the inside of a toilet after he lowered himself in to retrieve a friend's phone and became stuck in the tank below.
Mr Berntsen Larsen said he had volunteered to enter the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season.
"I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG.
"It was drat disgusting - the worst I have experienced. There were animals down there too."
To make matters worse, Mr Berntsen Larsen quickly threw up after entering the tank, which was standing room only.
Mr Berntsen Larsen sustained injuries to his upper arms and said he believed he had been bitten several times. He was treated at hospital and given antibiotics.
He was not successful in retrieving the phone.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
friendship can get hosed, gently caress your phone

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Even for my best friend I think I would not go past digging around with one of those reacher things disabled people use to grab things.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010

quote:

"I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG.

Why the gently caress did he lower himself into a tiny hole, then?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

schadenfraud posted:

Why the gently caress did he lower himself into a tiny hole, then?

I'm going to make a wild guess that alcohol was involved.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's not something you do for a beloved friend, that's something you do for your crush who thinks of you as a friend so you try to save the day thinking that this is going to be the big romantic gesture that finally makes them notice that you're the one they've been waiting for all along and and even though you realized almost immediately that nobody wants to date a guy they've seen covered in poo poo crawling out of a toilet you still go for it because now it's too late to back down without losing face.

Really, the whole thing going disastrously wrong is only like 10% worse than if it went perfectly. Dude's still not getting a thank you hug.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

That's not something you do for a beloved friend, that's something you do for your crush who thinks of you as a friend so you try to save the day thinking that this is going to be the big romantic gesture that finally makes them notice that you're the one they've been waiting for all along and and even though you realized almost immediately that nobody wants to date a guy they've seen covered in poo poo crawling out of a toilet you still go for it because now it's too late to back down without losing face.

Really, the whole thing going disastrously wrong is only like 10% worse than if it went perfectly. Dude's still not getting a thank you hug.

I draw the line at lugging a printer around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
So what kind of animals live in toilets, anyway?