Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Please do not discuss taping spoilers in this thread. Visit the spoilers thread for that discussion instead.

WWE NXT is the developmental division of the WWE, and a weekly TV show airing on the WWE Network every Wednesday at 8 PM EST.

NXT on WWE Network
NXT on Hulu (US only, requires subscription, includes Takeover specials)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/764174054743957505

NXT Champion Bobby Roode (since January 28, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/827010131527340032

NXT Women's Champion Asuka (since April 1, 2016)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/767183660307087360

NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain (since January 28, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/826933593737928704

WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne (since May 20, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/866095849411141633

Tapings and house shows in Florida happen at a constant clip, check http://nxttickets.com/ for more information!

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/865055811990675457

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

NXT is good and so is Triple "Paul Levesque" H

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
All hail Triple H

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Triple H is good, but people mad at him? Much better. Being there when the ref counted three over Samoa Joe's body? Even better than that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NXT is cool and all of its champions are much better than their main roster equivalents

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

After that last TakeOver it occurred to me I really don't watch enough NXT and need to change that.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

mfw Jacksonville armory NXT tickets go on sale. Second best :10bux: in wrestling, next to the Award Winning WWE Network.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

beggar posted:

mfw Jacksonville armory NXT tickets go on sale. Second best :10bux: in wrestling, next to the Award Winning WWE Network.

stole this for the op, thank you

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

OP is glorious

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
HHH is really great at making himself look like a tremendous dork in all of those photos

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The NXT house show I went to two years ago was easily the best money I've spent on rasslin'.

NXT is real good and worth my :10bux: each month.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eltoasto posted:

OP is GLORIOUS

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

NXT is real good and worth my :10bux: each month.

I feel like it's worth pointing out here as I have before (I think it was the first subtitle of the last thread) that if anyone reading this is considering canceling the Network, all of NXT, including TakeOvers, is on Hulu unedited. May be worth waiting until after the CWC though :v:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

strong OP

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Pray for Cien. He jobbed to a generic WWE heavyweight style wrestler. At least he was able to do some lucha things before eating the pin.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I might have missed a yes/no post but was Samoa Joe's jaw legitimately wrecked in that fight or is he just the best seller I have ever seen?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
real question, outside of Joe in a rematch, who do does everyone see being able to beat Nakamura for the NXT title that's either on the NXT roster or rumored to come in? I'm having trouble seeing who could with how everyone's been booked up to this.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Solus posted:

I might have missed a yes/no post but was Samoa Joe's jaw legitimately wrecked in that fight or is he just the best seller I have ever seen?

Typically WWE doesn't like having the camera linger on wrestlers who are legitimately hurt. And commentary won't dwell on it beyond their immediate reaction. And if the wrestler can't continue they get somber and explain how dangerous the sport is and how the wrestlers put their body on the line.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

real question, outside of Joe in a rematch, who do does everyone see being able to beat Nakamura for the NXT title that's either on the NXT roster or rumored to come in? I'm having trouble seeing who could with how everyone's been booked up to this.

If Ciampa goes heel I could see him doing it. Hideo could do it. If they spend a little time getting people accustomed to Austin Aries as a main eventer he'd be credible. If Ibushi actually comes through (I don't think it'll happen), he could take it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Hideo or Roode are the only reasonable options, and it will probably be Hideo to have dat indy dream match and then Bobby takes the belt off Hideo when he goes up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A NXT after Balor, Bayley, Sara Del Rey and Adam Pearce will be an interesting thing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Bellas are always very kind in thanking people:

https://twitter.com/BellaTwins/status/767561229745479681

Maybe add this to the OP:
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/767162993159213056

rovert fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 22, 2016

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm quite certain that Ciampa is going to turn on Gargano very soon. Gargano beat him in the CWC after Gargano showed compassion for his buddy, Gargano lost the match for them at Takeover, and NXT has a spot opening for a new rampaging violent heel now that Joe is likely getting the call up.

I think that the tag name that Ciampa chose is even subtle foreshadowing so that he can say, "Do it yourself, not ourselves" because relying on another person didn't work out for him.

If NXT was truly dedicated to pro wrestling, the angle will be started at Johnny's wedding (real or fake).

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bobby Roode's theme song is really good

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This is Tommy End, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

Crazy Mary Dobson, allegedly. Makes sense, they need more over women faster than they need new singles dudes.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson, a repackaging/debut of someone who hasn't been on TV (ever or for a while). Who knows. It would be weird if they bypassed Tommy End's Satanism for Apocalypticism.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ShakeZula posted:

Its a faction apparently which includes Tommy End

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

AMReese posted:

Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson, a repackaging/debut of someone who hasn't been on TV (ever or for a while). Who knows. It would be weird if they bypassed Tommy End's Satanism for Apocalypticism.

There's an imagine of a mural in Belfast, North Ireland. Big Damo is from North Ireland.

It is a cryptic video so there's probably a lot of red herrings.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ShakeZula posted:

Could be Mary Dobson.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Its a faction apparently which includes Tommy End

It's much better as a group name than for a person, so I hope this is right.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Otoh we haven't had an actual faction (that is, a group of aligned non-tagging wrestlers) since Sylvester Le Fort managed Rusev and Scott Dawson somehow. The NXTs they are a changin

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Bobby Roode's theme song is really good

I think there's a word to describe his theme song, but I'm blanking on it. Something... with "ous" in it... Glamorous? Hm, no, not quite it...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Otoh we haven't had an actual faction (that is, a group of aligned non-tagging wrestlers) since Sylvester Le Fort managed Rusev and Scott Dawson somehow. The NXTs they are a changin

Speaking of Dawson, I'm also hoping they hold off on the Ciampa/Gargano split for a while, otherwise what do you do for tags? Have the Revival turn babyface against the Authors? I suppose that could work, the Shatter Machine has a lot of 3D-esque babyface pop potential.

(I know TM61 exist, but... like, the AoP just obliterated them like job guys. And they weren't clicking with people even before that.)

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

People like hating The Revival, and they make natural heels. I would imagine that they wouldn't put them against the Authors of Pain, but rather just start pairing up people.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there's a word to describe his theme song, but I'm blanking on it. Something... with "ous" in it... Glamorous? Hm, no, not quite it...

Fabulous?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Revival have been great so far, but I don't see how good they could be against teams that really outclass them in size, like The Authors of Pain or The Dudley Boyz. They'd have to go up to Horsemen levels of heeling to make it an even playfield there (Injuring people before matches)

Big Cass had a huge size advantage but Enzo was still there for them to beat on

Just as an aside, I really want to see The Usos vs The Revival in an NXT environment. The Usos are nice and explosive but are overall pretty stale, but the way Revival work matches they could use their spots in bursts and babyface fire comebacks

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

It's not like it would be hard for The Revival to go up against bigger guys. They always focus on a particular limb in their matches, so all they have to do is focus on their legs so they remain below them. Not like I see them facing off against the Authors of Pain. The Dudley Boys are hardly that much bigger, especially height-wise, and we don't even know how long they're going to stay together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

NXT Live Midwest
Sept 16: Des Moines, IA
Sept 17: Omaha, NE
Sept 18: Minneapolis, MN

FYI the Minnesota show is in St. Paul, regardless of what the WWE/NXT website/twitter may or may not say.

• Locked thread