Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

But look at the R squared!

I feel like comparing iq to SAT math scores probably would show a good fit. Where his points are sourced from...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Intoluene posted:

I feel like comparing iq to SAT math scores probably would show a good fit. Where his points are sourced from...

Iowa board of education?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Everything about this screams fake.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

why are iowa girls missing? do girls not do math in iowa?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I didn't even know Koko the Gorilla took the SAT!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

jeebus bob posted:

No kidding.

Crust First posted:

I didn't even know Koko the Gorilla took the SAT!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
What did Harambe score? And can we show data to determine any correlation to dicks coming out pre-and post-assassination? Anyone have a graph of that?

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

jeebus bob posted:

Here's the source for all the graphs I posted. There's a staggering amount of content on there with disappointingly awful graphs between the racist/sexist/antisemitic diatribes, while the amusingly awful graphs are few and far between.

I'm sure whoever put Koko on there thought they were being clever, but the rest of it seems perfectly sincere.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Read Snigfut posted:

Here's the source for all the graphs I posted. There's a staggering amount of content on there with disappointingly awful graphs between the racist/sexist/antisemitic diatribes, while the amusingly awful graphs are few and far between.

I'm sure whoever put Koko on there thought they were being clever, but the rest of it seems perfectly sincere.

I don't think this is real. Stereotypically bad stuff like "TRUTH@!" makes it seem fake.

Though there is an awful lot of content for satire that nobody's gonna read.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Count Roland posted:

I don't think this is real. Stereotypically bad stuff like "TRUTH@!" makes it seem fake.

Though there is an awful lot of content for satire that nobody's gonna read.

I'm conflicted. on one hand I agree with you but on the other, that's a lot of crazy to write down for a joke.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Cross-posting from the Middle East thread:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Count Roland posted:

Rad macrame, bro.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Count Roland posted:

If the only thing this graph is attempting to convey is “the Middle East is a huge clusterfuck”, it’s doing a good job.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

lmao if u don't have like thirty fingers for that game of Cat's Cradle

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Count Roland posted:

Cross-stitching from the Middle East thread:

ftfy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That same dataset looks like it might be a little more readble if the nodes were a circle and the edges were still just edges. Both sides on that one are identical and it's pretty much the worst way to portray those connections if they're even true

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Read Snigfut posted:

Why is an incomprehensible neo-Nazi website posting graphs where Jewish doctors make much less than almost every other category, how does this support their goals :psyduck:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

James Garfield posted:

Why is an incomprehensible neo-Nazi website posting graphs where Jewish doctors make much less than almost every other category, how does this support their goals :psyduck:

Classic fascism: The enemy is both fully in charge of the world but also weak and idiotic. They have to be scary & own your poo poo and be dangerous, but also they have to be dumb enough that you can beat them with your aryan self.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Classic fascism: The enemy is both fully in charge of the world but also weak and idiotic. They have to be scary & own your poo poo and be dangerous, but also they have to be dumb enough that you can beat them with your aryan self.

That's not anything specific to fascism, that's just a plain old propaganda technique. There was plenty of it on all sides during World War II -- ever see the Donald Duck cartoon "Der Fuhrer's Face"? The Nazis are both threatening and buffoonish.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Powered Descent posted:

That's not anything specific to fascism, that's just a plain old propaganda technique. There was plenty of it on all sides during World War II -- ever see the Donald Duck cartoon "Der Fuhrer's Face"? The Nazis are both threatening and buffoonish.

Yeah that's true. I suppose it's more of a dehumanization of enemies thing than a specific -ism.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yeah that's true. I suppose it's more of a dehumanization of enemies thing than a specific -ism.

And thus by the constant shifting of rhetorical focus blah blah blah

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, I was going to say that perfectly describes WW2 era American depictions of the Japanese.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Somfin posted:

And thus by the constant shifting of rhetorical focus blah blah blah

what man

ill move the goal posts if you want, but i agreed with powered descent. idk what youre after?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

what man

ill move the goal posts if you want, but i agreed with powered descent. idk what youre after?

It's from Umberto Eco's Eternal Fascism, it's talking about 'the enemy' being strong and weak at the same time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Praseodymi posted:

It's from Umberto Eco's Eternal Fascism, it's talking about 'the enemy' being strong and weak at the same time.

Gah, thats why I posted that to begin with, no today

I suppose filthy flithy whoever live here too

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Count Roland posted:

Hmm, looks like things have calmed down quite a bit.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Amazing. Do you know the context in which/by whom this was presented?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Strudel Man posted:

Amazing. Do you know the context in which/by whom this was presented?

There was a Senate fact-finding session today on extra-judicial killings. One of the Senators, Alan Peter Cayetano, who was the running mate of current President Rodrigo Duterte, used this graph to say that under the previous administration, murder/homicide averaged at 35 per day, compared to just 20/day under the Duterte administration.

He, of course, arrived at the figure of 20/day by taking 681 murders reported and dividing it by the 34 days since the new President has taken office.

Facebook video from CNN Philippines: https://www.facebook.com/CNNPhilippines/videos/1766235310283027/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

There was a Senate fact-finding session today on extra-judicial killings. One of the Senators, Alan Peter Cayetano, who was the running mate of current President Rodrigo Duterte, used this graph to say that under the previous administration, murder/homicide averaged at 35 per day, compared to just 20/day under the Duterte administration.

He, of course, arrived at the figure of 20/day by taking 681 murders reported and dividing it by the 34 days since the new President has taken office.
Well, the math on that's not so bad. It's the placement of the single-month and six-month totals on a line plot with previous annual totals that's such a magnificent offense against earnestness that I'm saving it for my stats students.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Read Snigfut posted:

poo poo man, I clicked on that link and immediately saw the little picture of Hitler on the right so ofc I had to click that too.

This dude actually says that Hitler was a jew that persecuted only chrisitians and that all the jews were not killed in the holocaust but shipped across Europe to increase the jew populations :psyduck:

quote:

The worldwide population of jews had been on the decline before he came to power, dropping by 314,641 or 2%, from 15,630,000 in 1924 to 15,315,359 in 1933. Had this trend continued through WWII, there would have been only 15,009,005 jews in the world by 1948, but it was during Hitler's regime that this trend reversed and the population of jews increased by 438,279 or 2.9% to 15,753,638 by 1948. Thus we can conclude that Hitler played a pivotal role in a 4.9% INCREASE in the worldwide population of jews, something that required an ingenious shipment of jews across Europe to protect them from the firebombing that completely destroyed Christian populations in cities like Dresden and Hamburg.

It's precisely because of Hitler's policies, and only because of his policies, that the population of White Christian Israelites in Europe plunged by 12.5%, or 48 million. No other figure in WWII can be accredited with the policies which led to such devastation--not Stalin, Mussolini, Churchill, nor Roosevelt. It was his policies which led to the creation of the current state of Israel, and to the looting by jews of the treasuries of most White Christian Israelite nations, including the US--a process which continues to this very day. The only thing we've gained by pouring $132 billion into the establishment and maintenance of the jewish state in Israel is the enmity of 1.2 billion Muslims and of many other nations around the world, ultimately causing 9-11 and the loss of the rest of our very own Constitutional rights. Germany and Switzerland gained nothing from their payments of reparations to the jews who were purportedly exterminated in the "holocaust".

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fathis Munk posted:

poo poo man, I clicked on that link and immediately saw the little picture of Hitler on the right so ofc I had to click that too.

This dude actually says that Hitler was a jew that persecuted only chrisitians and that all the jews were not killed in the holocaust but shipped across Europe to increase the jew populations :psyduck:

Adolph Hitler: Jewish hero

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Well, the math on that's not so bad. It's the placement of the single-month and six-month totals on a line plot with previous annual totals that's such a magnificent offense against earnestness that I'm saving it for my stats students.

Yeah my initial look at that and I didn't think there was anything wrong with it until I noticed the last two labels on the X-axis.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I know it's a table, not a graph, but it's just too perfect to not post it here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I know it's a table, not a graph, but it's just too perfect to not post it here.

What's the joke?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

EU as a country, I guess? And that the UK isn't included in it.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Count Roland posted:

EU as a country, I guess? And that the UK isn't included in it.

Yeah they're comparing individual countries to the EU, when each country within has their own Olympic committee that sends their own athletes.

It would be like the US sending 20 teams to each event.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Yeah they're comparing individual countries to the EU, when each country within has their own Olympic committee that sends their own athletes.

Kiiinda, but this graph does make you think about the fact that a larger population has a larger chance of having a good athlete than a smaller population. This does give large countries a statistical advantage, when you compare the absolute amounts of medals they got.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
And then you have India.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Stalin tried to get individual seating for the 15 constituent republics of the USSR in the United Nations. He backed off when Roosevelt threatened to get a separate seat for each of the 48 States.