Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm quite certain that Ciampa is going to turn on Gargano very soon. Gargano beat him in the CWC after Gargano showed compassion for his buddy, Gargano lost the match for them at Takeover, and NXT has a spot opening for a new rampaging violent heel now that Joe is likely getting the call up.

I think that the tag name that Ciampa chose is even subtle foreshadowing so that he can say, "Do it yourself, not ourselves" because relying on another person didn't work out for him.

If NXT was truly dedicated to pro wrestling, the angle will be started at Johnny's wedding (real or fake).

I would agree, but why have the shirts made if they're gonna break up?

(I'm a sucker for :love: friendship :love: in wrestling i'm looking for any excuse for them to stay together)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ciampa stands up for the best man's toast, smashes his champagne flute over Johnny's head and gives him Project Ciampa right in front of his wife.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I would agree, but why have the shirts made if they're gonna break up?

(I'm a sucker for :love: friendship :love: in wrestling i'm looking for any excuse for them to stay together)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re: Tag Teams

The September 2, 2015 Edition of NXT which was taped at the Full Sail University on August 13, 2015 was the start of the Dusty Classic last year so I expect that to start at the next Full Sail TV taping.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This ruled because people who ordered online probably didn't get their shirts before they broke up.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I kind of want Gargano & Ciampa to break up, have a short feud leading to a barn burner match like their CWC bout, then reunite by "surprise" and take The Revival out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Zayn and Neville in the dusty classic would own

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Zayn and Neville in the dusty classic would own

They've got Roderick Strong, the ex-TNA guys and CWC guys to hand so it will be much better than last year in the early rounds.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/767669326501543936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

get well soon Joe :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

Ciampa stands up for the best man's toast, smashes his champagne flute over Johnny's head and gives him Project Ciampa right in front of his wife.

Johnny has dropped his wife face first on turnbuckles like a dozen times over the past two years so I kind of doubt it'd phase her much

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I've been watching NXT whenever I can after taking a long break from wrestling. It's been really fun to watch Roode's transition from a charismaless black hole of suck to half of the joint-best tag-team in the world (although I'd say KoW slightly edged it at the time) to a legit main-eventer. Some people have that moment where it all clicks and they completely change. Roode on the other hand has been steadily improving for years and it's nice to see all that potential finally pay off. He's either never going to the main roster and will remain NXT's big bad or he's not staying in NXT for long.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

They've got Roderick Strong, the ex-TNA guys and CWC guys to hand so it will be much better than last year in the early rounds.

Please lord give me Roddy and Cedric together

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Please lord give me Roddy and Cedric together

Roddy should be a heel though, he's much better at that

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Roddy should be a heel though, he's much better at that

It doesn't feel right if I'm not flipping Roddy off and calling him a piece of poo poo.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

(I know TM61 exist, but... like, the AoP just obliterated them like job guys. And they weren't clicking with people even before that.)

TM61 feel like they're the tag team equivalent of Apollo Crews; indie darlings everyone's excited to see at first, but they just never get any time or focus so they die. Then again, Gargano and Ciampa were outright jobbers for most of the past year, so maybe TM61 will get their time in the sun next year sometime.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Possible he's working, no?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

Meltzer said with pretty much 100% confidence that it's a work, yeah, but I hope he's not off TV with a worked injury for too long

still really hate them using a thrown X and a sudden camera cut for a worked injury, but I definitely prefer it to Joe actually being injured

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Meltzer said it was a work. Either way it doesn't matter in the long run.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Worked injuries are really weird nowadays. I mean at least in the past it meant you got a cast to knock dudes out with during an interview leading up to the match or whatever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Has to be a work. Joe's Samoan and jaw is part of the head. Probably a cover for how bad his face hurt Nakamura's knee.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

NXT Live NZ/Australia (on sale September 5)
Dec 5: Auckland, NZ
Dec 6: Wellington, NZ
Dec 8: Melbourne, Australia
Dec 10: Newcastle, Australia
Dec 11: Gold Coast, Australia
Dec 13: Sydney, Australia
Dec 14: Canberra, Australia
Dec 15: Perth, Australia

Wouldja look at this bullshit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealFoxy posted:

Meltzer said it was a work. Either way it doesn't matter in the long run.

i mean, props to joe's acting cause man he sold that real realistically.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

shiksa posted:

i mean, props to joe's acting cause man he sold that real realistically.
Well, considering it's Joe, it's very likely he knows the feeling of having an injured jaw.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

The NXT house show I went to two years ago was easily the best money I've spent on rasslin'.

NXT is real good and worth my :10bux: each month.

At the first NXT house show I ever went to I saw Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Alexa, Finn, Itami, Jason Jordan, Enzo & Cass, The Revival, and Tye Dillinger at the very start of his perfect 10 gimmick ringside for :20bux:. It's unreal to look back on that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

radelaide is badelaide.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Who do you guys think is the next NXT call up, guys?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

rovert posted:

Samoa Joe

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

mmm when I look at the rosters, I feel like the needs of the rosters aren't really met by what NXT has. Both shows could use more women, but I don't think there's anyone ready unless they just decide to elevate random house show/undercard people like they did Braun.

There's plenty of NXT undercard mainstays they could bring up as jobbers, but they don't have a need for more jobbers. Maybe they send Rich Swann up quick to fill up the Cruiserweight division?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

rovert posted:

mandy rose in an Eva Marie wig for the next month

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seems like Swann and the other cruisers might be on both Raw and NXT for the long-term, but maybe standouts will get a permanent call-up. and tino sabby is coming, per big dave (batista (not that batista, just my friend named the same))

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I think Tye needs to be called up, or at least given a mini push on NXT tv first

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Tye should be in the next round of call ups, and I hope he goes to Smackdown so him and Breezango can be the best stable. I think Aries comes up after his feud with Itami.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh yo

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/767784719392071680

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

rovert posted:

Bobby Roode.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tokamak posted:

radelaide is badelaide.

B-b-but Newcastle! Canberra!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Canberra is just a made up city, constructed to fool people across the globe when naming Sydney as the capital. And yet, it is on the list so it must be better than Adelaide.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

B-b-but Newcastle! Canberra!

Apparently they only had time for two fake cities on the tour, not three.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, Adelaide copping some mad shade in this thread.

Ade-shade.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Edit: One crappy main roster house show turnout, with a weak line up on a Wednesday night and you're blackballed from the cool kids show. This completes my trifecta of flyover disappointment (the other two being Bill Burr and White Lung).

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FullMetalJackoff posted:

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Edit: One crappy main roster house show turnout, with a weak line up on a Wednesday night and you're blackballed from the cool kids show. This completes my trifecta of flyover disappointment (the other two being Bill Burr and White Lung).

I'd suggest a road trip but it's SMG's birthday right in the middle of that tour so :argh: Hunter screws me again :argh:

• Locked thread