Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

nexus6 posted:

I'm a bit late to the RE7 chat - is it related to the other games? Like with Umbrella and zombies and stuff? I saw a trailer but had to check I was watching the right thing because it looked like another "first person run and hide from thing" game like Amnesia or Outlast or Alien Isolation.

They've been playing it very cagey about the details, except that they've said it's in the same continuity. It could very easily be an unexplored corner of the world or a totally unrelated incident, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

therealjon_ posted:

Rev 2 is awesome because Barry's dad joke game is on point.

This guy knows what the gently caress is up.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Odds on the spooky swamp house secretly having a hi-tech sterile lab underneath it?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Anonymous Robot posted:

Odds on the spooky swamp house secretly having a hi-tech sterile lab underneath it?

Yah see, making a lab underneath a mansion in the woods was where everything went wrong... Underneath a shack in the Bayou is where it's at!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I skipped Rev 2 because they changed Claire's voice actress and because I only played Rev 1 for 30 minutes and stopped because the levels felt tiny and lovely. Have I made an error?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I skipped Rev 2 because they changed Claire's voice actress and because I only played Rev 1 for 30 minutes and stopped because the levels felt tiny and lovely. Have I made an error?

I personally think Rev 2 is worlds better than Rev 1. Rent before you buy if you can, if you're not sure.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

her rev2 actress is vastly better.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Serious Frolicking posted:

But... nostalgia... she's been doing Claire since RE2 :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rev2 is the story of claire redfield who is so incredibly over all this bioterror nonsense and barry allen, whose dad jokes are more powerful than any rocket launcher.

oh, or satellite laser.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

rev2 is the story of claire redfield who is so incredibly over all this bioterror nonsense and barry allen, whose dad jokes are more powerful than any rocket launcher.

oh, or satellite laser.
So when does Flashpoint happen?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

So when does Flashpoint happen?

i generally just think of him as barry so i got the last name wrong.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

I was pretty surprised they gave us a woman in her 30s that actually both looks and sounds like it in a video game. Really need to play more of Rev 2.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rev 2 is definitely one of the best latter day resident evils, imo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it had its own problems, like those invisible enemies or natalia sans brick, but it also did a lot of things right.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

She sounds more age-appropriate, but it's not like Alyson Court wasn't aging along with the character. I still say she's the best voice actor the franchise has seen besides DC Douglas.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure what you mean about Rev1, nothing about it really seems all that different from the same type of "tight hallway" level you'd get in even the newer RE's. The levels you get in various "side" stories you get are small linear affairs, meant for action or exposition, but the main area is somewhat comparable to the size of the old RE's, backtracking included.

Skipping Rev2 was absolutely a mistake, even though I agree about Claire's voice.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Best part of Rev2 was Clare's short haircut near the end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rev 1 and 2 are the best RE games since 3. :colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm back to playing RE6 again with a buddy because despite its issues it's just so much goddamned fun. The aesthetic of 7 bums me out so far but maybe it'll turn out to be a surprise. I'm of the opinion that RE is at its best when it's doing its over the top B-movie thing and winking at the camera at the same time. Leon one liners never fail to get a laugh out of me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's one thing I have against 6 tbh, it felt like the only characters doing that were Jake and Ada, everyone else was taking it super seriously.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Revelations 1 was awesome. But I thought revelations 2 sucked. The raid mode was dull, the levels were bland outside of the slaughterhouse one.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Levantine posted:

I'm back to playing RE6 again with a buddy because despite its issues it's just so much goddamned fun. The aesthetic of 7 bums me out so far but maybe it'll turn out to be a surprise. I'm of the opinion that RE is at its best when it's doing its over the top B-movie thing and winking at the camera at the same time. Leon one liners never fail to get a laugh out of me.

It's why I liked 5 when you get to the second half as they stopped giving a poo poo about seriousness and we got wesker hamming it up.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Panzeh posted:

It's why I liked 5 when you get to the second half as they stopped giving a poo poo about seriousness and we got wesker hamming it up.

Well we had Irving for the first half

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

blackguy32 posted:

Well we had Irving for the first half

Irving had a good scene, i won't lie. I do wish it was Leon and not Chris because Chris has no good quips.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Irving died too soon. RIP whale.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

When I was a younger man I never understood why the villains in the Resident Evil games always thought it was a good idea to inject the monster juice into themselves. Now it seems to me to be a perfectly natural decision. I'm not sure what has changed in me

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I was a younger man I never understood why the villains in the Resident Evil games always thought it was a good idea to inject the monster juice into themselves. Now it seems to me to be a perfectly natural decision. I'm not sure what has changed in me

Pleasing taste, some monsterism?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
In the end, we're all dead men.

You might as well enjoy what little time you've got by, uh.... uh....

Okay, I have no idea why they injected themselves with monster juice either.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If the option is die or turn into a monster and die it's a pretty obvious decision what to do.

#standwithWillyB

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I mean, on the one hand, it's a definite path towards getting killed by a predator drone or something even if you kill Chris or whoever. You're not gonna get a prison term when you have a chainsaw arm and basically rabies.

On the other hand, gently caress the world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Len posted:

If the option is die or turn into a monster and die it's a pretty obvious decision what to do.

#standwithWillyB

I am fine with not standing with the dude who tried to shove a monster-fetus into his daughter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Krauser had a pretty sweet deal with whatever was going on with his plagas since he could turn his arm back to normal

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

Revelations 1 was awesome. But I thought revelations 2 sucked. The raid mode was dull, the levels were bland outside of the slaughterhouse one.

Rev 2's raid mode was dull but Rev's 1 raid mode was a miserable grindy nightmare, so I'm not sure which is really better.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Its almost like they couldnt do mercs again because the rev melee is not as good as 5 or 6.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

I am fine with not standing with the dude who tried to shove a monster-fetus into his daughter.

I forgot about that yeah let's not stand with Willy B post murdering that Umbrella team.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Panzeh posted:

Irving had a good scene, i won't lie. I do wish it was Leon and not Chris because Chris has no good quips.

"Do you get all your lines from comic book villains?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Resident Evil HD and RE0 HD for the PS4 in a humble bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
leon's quips were terrible but that didn't matter thanks to the endless comedy of his daily life. just wrecked vehicles and ada stringing him along all day every day.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

blackguy32 posted:

"Do you get all your lines from comic book villains?"

Yeah, that's true, I just saw all these times Chris could drop an ice burn on Excella or Wesker and he just plays it straight("Where's Jill?"). Leon would at least drop something there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Leon's one liners are all completely horrible, but they are horrible in an entertaining way. He's just so earnest in his attempts to be a badass action hero.