Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
samurai
pizza
cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sausage party doesn't belong anywhere here on the comedy forums

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sausage Party is to Fritz the Cat like Tyson Cosmos is to Sagan Cosmos

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Come and join us in lovely Pawnee, Indiana, for Parks and Rec mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8u7iu_AJs0
watch this instead of sausage party

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a friend made me go see sausage party, it wasn't great

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"lets take food fight, but add in religion and celebrities"
i am now a big shot hollywood movie maker

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Goddamn it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pinterest Mom posted:

a friend made me go see sausage party, it wasn't great

I've heard it's p. funny and enjoyable and might see if it's worth some laughs at some point

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello mafia thread, how is everyone's lives

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SirSamVimes posted:

I've heard it's p. funny and enjoyable and might see if it's worth some laughs at some point

i heard a taco sexually assaults a hot dog bun

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi chic

I'm fine, u

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

hello mafia thread, how is everyone's lives

Hi chic how're you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi Chic.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MG3 posted:

Hi chic how're you?

i'm doing ok. Had some weird times irl recently, mom had cancer, stuff like that. but now it's mostly resolved and i'm trying to get back into stuff

like mafia

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

i'm doing ok. Had some weird times irl recently, mom had cancer, stuff like that. but now it's mostly resolved and i'm trying to get back into stuff

like mafia

Wow that sounds really stressful. Glad things are looking up! :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

i heard a taco sexually assaults a hot dog bun

it's ok by the end they're having consensual lesbian sex

spoilers for sausage party

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

my favorite anime is kokoro hanayume no hanbaga, it's about a teenage girl who pilots a giant male robot that is itself surrounded by seven giant female robots who all want to sleep with the giant male robot, but the pilots of the female robots are part of a secret organization known as the Victory 7 who are trying to take over the moon, but also the girl and the other pilots all go to high school together and are friends and rivals without knowing their true identities.

it's pretty great, the plot really picks up in season 8, but don't watch the second OAV, it's an attempt at a reboot of the universe that makes no sense due to creator Hideki Yamarashi leaving to focus on the manga (which has a different ending than the anime, which, let me tell you, started plenty of flame wars over which should be canon).

overall I gave it a 8/10.

:perfect:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

Cowboy Bebop is a genuinely good show, and it is anime, but it's so Western-accessible that I'm fine with saying just watch Bebop and then never watch any more anime.

Haven't really liked anything else anyways. Anime is bad.

This too, is a good opinion

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Samurai Champloo and Fullmetal alchemist are the best animes, sorry for the unironic opinion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the funniest thing about what ecco described is that it actually sounds like a great show

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Samurai Champloo and Fullmetal alchemist are the best animes, sorry for the unironic opinion

samurai champloo seems to get better with a rewatch

also like all great shows it has a really good baseball episode

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I liked the few Afro Samurai episodes I saw.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

PBS Newshour posted:

the funniest thing about what ecco described is that it actually sounds like a great show

samurai champloo seems to get better with a rewatch

also like all great shows it has a really good baseball episode

Yeah Champloo is good.

My favorite animes are Porko Rosso, Spirited Away and Akira.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

PBS Newshour posted:

I'm sorry momma PBS the cancer has spread too far there is nothing we can do

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Spirited away is the most boring, asinine piece of poo poo ever made, how can you like it????

Even ghost dad is better than it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

Spirited away is the most boring, asinine piece of poo poo ever made, how can you like it????

actually I've just found something worse

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Moatillata posted:

I'm sorry momma PBS the cancer has spread too far there is nothing we can do

here i even drew some fan art of it

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

If that's meant to be a link to my post history it doesn't work on awful app

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Works fine for me

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

busb posted:

Even ghost dad is better than it

Spirited away is a beautiful movie.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

If that's meant to be a link to my post history it doesn't work on awful app

p much yeah

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It just sends me to assnas op in this thread. I assumed it's what was meant to happen though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's ok by the end they're having consensual lesbian sex

spoilers for sausage party

Thanks for this; my bf and I walked out of that movie a few days ago. I thought people in here said it was good but in retrospect they might have been saying so ironically.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Make all movies illegal IMO, if they really want to tell a story visually they can make it a manga novel (manga means bound series of comic books, such as the trade paper back of Penny Arcade)

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

It looked ridiculous in the trailers. I was oddly offended by the hotdog bun woman's mouth

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

spirited away is the most boring and yawn-inducing coherent miyazaki film. its not "kikis delivery service" thats for sure

has anyone ever made a game (or just a role i guess) themed around making deals with the devil

like you ask devil man, who is either mod or player with devil role, to grant you gift x

and he says, i will grant you gift x, but, bad thing y will happen

and then maybe....player can counteroffer

i would like to see something like this even though it almost assuredly wouldn't work. i guess it would only work if players had like 'tiers' of power and they started on tier 1, and could unlock tiers by asking and each one makes them more powerful and weaker at the same time

i just want to see some devils

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mahbe a game where we can negotiate with demons instead

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

has anyone ever made a game (or just a role i guess) themed around making deals with the devil

like you ask devil man, who is either mod or player with devil role, to grant you gift x

and he says, i will grant you gift x, but, bad thing y will happen

and then maybe....player can counteroffer

i would like to see something like this even though it almost assuredly wouldn't work. i guess it would only work if players had like 'tiers' of power and they started on tier 1, and could unlock tiers by asking and each one makes them more powerful and weaker at the same time

i just want to see some devils

I feel like there was a game that did something like this VERY recently. Votefinder's sorting doesn't actually work by date so I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm making it up or not.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There was a CYOR where there were downsides to what you asked for. I asked to win on death. I was given lots of lives. Or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Podima posted:

I feel like there was a game that did something like this VERY recently. Votefinder's sorting doesn't actually work by date so I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm making it up or not.

the league iii

quote:

You may tempt an Apprentice. Each night, you can secretly message a player with the question “Would you like power?” You may also add a message of a specific length to it. On each successive acceptance by your target, what is sent changes.
1st Attempt: You may send a three word message. If they accept, they will receive a one-shot cop/track. It will not work on you.
2nd Attempt: You may send a four word message. If they accept, they will receive a one-shot doc/roleblock. It will not work on you.
3rd Attempt: You may send a five word message. If they accept, they will receive a one-shot juggernaut kill. It may work on you. If they use this kill at any time they fall to the Dark Side and, upon your death, will join the scum team.