Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

So I was buying new curtains for the front of the house and I'm talking to the saleslady about getting net curtains for privacy and she says, "Oh we have a wonderful line of voile blinds you can choose from if you don't mind paying a bit more."

So, thanks to Escape To the House of Mummies Part 2, I'm now paying an extra $100 for voile curtains in a joke nobody I ever invite over will ever get and I'm far too embarrassed to explain.

They do look very nice, though.

Don't forget to warm them up in the dryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Get out of here. I'm serious! I don't even want to look at you anymore.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I misunderstood what you meant by guilty pleasures!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

It's winter here now, but I assure you I can't wait for the first really hot day of summer to heat up the blinds.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's winter here now, but I assure you I can't wait for the first really hot day of summer to heat up the blinds.

Are you insane? What kind of torture is that‽

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dazerbeams posted:

I put wusthof knives on my wedding registry because of Venture Bros.

Every time I end up in some sort of kitchenry store, I judge it based on the availability of Wusthof.

Serration is only good for bread

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sash! posted:

Serration is only good for bread

Which is a dumb assertion.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A man who does not appreciate tomatoes is a man who knows nothing.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Oh I seriously hope this devolves into another knives and steak consistency goon brawl.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I tell them to cook my steaks to well, then keep going. Bring me a piece of leather I can gnaw on because I am a powerful man with powerful jaws.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

I tell them to cook my steaks to well, then keep going. Bring me a piece of leather I can gnaw on because I am a powerful man with powerful jaws.

Do you use a serrated knife, though? Because I find for leathery things, a regular blade works well. Since it's food, something extreme for a steak knife is called for, like a 15° angle on the edge. Tight. And a little deadly.

But for more edible steaks, I go for serration. It just works.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
http://bit.ly/2b9WYDj

Season 6 DVD/Blu info. A bit barebones, just deleted scenes and commentaries, but at this point I'm just happy there's a physical release.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I saw Christopher McCulloch's name in the credits for Amazon's new Tick pilot, as some kind of producer.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 21, 2016

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I saw Christopher McCullough's name in the credits for Amazon's new Tick pilot, as some kind of producer.

Going to be watching this, hoping it's good. I've loved the cartoon and comics, but never bothered watching the last live action Tick

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cacafuego posted:

Going to be watching this, hoping it's good.
It was great--go go go!

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Yeah the new Tick pilot was super good, if you like VB go watch it.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Another vote here for The Tick pilot being awesome.

They nailed it, I think I see where it is going and I like it, and maybe I'm stretching things here but there -may- have been foreshadowing of Breadmaster and Uncle Creamy. The more I think about it there may have been a LOT of little foreshadowing cues throughout the entire episode. Which will make it crushingly tragic if for whatever horrible reason Amazon decides to axe it. It's good enough that I really don't see Amazon being stupid enough to pull a FOX though.

Also for people who loved Patrick Warburton's take on the character... he's listed as a producer as well.

Also weaponized syphilis that turns heroes' eyes into jelly. HA

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

feedmyleg posted:

http://bit.ly/2b9WYDj

Season 6 DVD/Blu info. A bit barebones, just deleted scenes and commentaries, but at this point I'm just happy there's a physical release.

Holy poo poo, they're actually releasing it this year. Based on past seasons, I wasn't expecting it on blu-ray until about May next year.

Maybe that bodes well about Season 7 or at least a special of some sort.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, the The Tick pilot was fantastic, someone should go and make a The Tick thread or something, because if it maintains that level of quality, I think people will have a lot to say about it.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

I'm sad that we'll never see The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight ever again...

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, the The Tick pilot was fantastic, someone should go and make a The Tick thread or something, because if it maintains that level of quality, I think people will have a lot to say about it.

Seconding this. Whoever does wind up making the thread, make sure to put the link to how to vote for it in the OP. I didn't realize that it ALREADY has its head on the chopping block. I will lose my poo poo if it gets cancelled in favor of a comedy with a dick joke as a title.

Link to vote... https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9940930011

Rassle posted:

I'm sad that we'll never see The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight ever again...

That's the thing... I think we CAN! If they were allowed to use The Terror, then who knows what characters they've been able to pry away from FOX's evil greedy nostalgia crushing hands?

*I just read somewhere that Edlund got ALL the licenses back. YES

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 22, 2016

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

So chairface is back on the roster? God drat

melbatoastXXX
Jul 30, 2000

TK-42-1 posted:

So chairface is back on the roster? God drat

That would be absolutely amazing and bizarre to see in a live action show! I hope so.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cacafuego posted:

never bothered watching the last live action Tick

You should watch it, it's great.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
With the foreshadowing I mentioned... I just realized that there's a line when Tick is badgering Arthur that refers to Handy. Wow.

Having the Human Ton and Handy in this would be epic. I really really hope I'm not reading too much into the dialogue because seeing any of Tick's nemeses from the cartoon would be wicked keen!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tiggum posted:

You should watch it, it's great.

Warburton's Tick is ... interesting.

It shouldn't be good, at all, but it really is. On paper, it must have looked awful, but everyone on screen goes balls-deep into the show. Even the stuff like Batmanuel works, somehow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just watched the new The Tick. Was good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Arthur's first interaction with super heroes is insane.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Arthur's first interaction with super heroes is insane.

Maybe it's not fair to make comparisons, but it reads like a Venture Bros scene. Just swap Arthur for Lil' Rusty and Arthur's dad with some never-before-seen caregiver that actually cares about Rusty's wellbeing.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Maybe it's not fair to make comparisons, but it reads like a Venture Bros scene. Just swap Arthur for Lil' Rusty and Arthur's dad with some never-before-seen caregiver that actually cares about Rusty's wellbeing.

Rusty's mom :smith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Machai posted:

Rusty's mom :smith:

HeLPR is probably as close as Rusty gets to having such a caregiver.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Next weekend is FanExpo here in Toronto and I'm thinking of getting Kevin Conroy to sign the season he was in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'd be down for a Tick Megathread with the new series, sounds awesome. I've been meaning to see if I can get the comics on e-book or Kindle.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I just realized while talking with my son that the fact that Edlund has all the licenses back...

We could have a Bat Manuel/Die Fledermaus episode where both assholes... well, it would be brilliant.

I really hope this show doesn't get the axe. Where's it's own thread? I'd do it but too busy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Next weekend is FanExpo here in Toronto and I'm thinking of getting Kevin Conroy to sign the season he was in.

A good idea, given how hilariously into it the DVD commentary made him sound.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sash! posted:

A good idea, given how hilariously into it the DVD commentary made him sound.

Yep, that's what gave me the idea. If Mark Hamil wasn't charging 190bux for an autograph i'd get him to sign the Simpsons season he was in as well. Conroy is only $40.

BTW, other greybeards remember when you got autographs for free, or for a donation to charity? God drat for profit cons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, that's what gave me the idea. If Mark Hamil wasn't charging 190bux for an autograph i'd get him to sign the Simpsons season he was in as well. Conroy is only $40.

BTW, other greybeards remember when you got autographs for free, or for a donation to charity? God drat for profit cons.

drat pirates downloading everything instead of buying DVDs and paying for cable forcing people to charge for stuff. :(

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Medullah posted:

drat pirates downloading everything instead of buying DVDs and paying for cable forcing people to charge for stuff. :(

Don't blame this poo poo on me.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
If everyone just gave into our Netflix overlords we wouldn't have to deal with this poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
SOMEONE MAKE A TICK THREAD