Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Nate RFB posted:

It's not like kissmanga stopped existing if you're willing to run the risk of reading chapters that are out of order or uploaded incorrectly.

It's a free account right? No strings attached?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yeah, totally free and everything. They only require an account to cut down on bandwidth costs or something because all the scraper sites were hitting their entire data base multiple times a day checking for new releases.

It's especially worth it for series that have multiple translations, as stuff like kiss manga will only have whatever version got uploaded first (often not the best version).

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
^ that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time for emotional upheaval.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hinamatsuri/Vol-010-Ch-053--Succeeding-the-Taste?id=310427

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Why did no one tell me the Hinamatsuri translation stopped for seven months :negative:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

Why did no one tell me the Hinamatsuri translation stopped for seven months :negative:

Because the Korean translations are still ongoing so I don't pay attention to English scans.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I know the new guy, he can't get raws past 56, I think. If you want to help~

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

There's a site that uploads raws and it has Hinamatsuri up to chapter 59.

Granted I dunno if the scans are up to par on quality.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Because the Korean translations are still ongoing so I don't pay attention to English scans.

you get a pass

the next volume (11) comes out in about 3 weeks, so it'll be easier to get good raws when that releases (53 was the last chapter in volume 10)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There's a site that uploads raws and it has Hinamatsuri up to chapter 59.

Granted I dunno if the scans are up to par on quality.

Senmanga? He either can't or doesn't want to rip from there.

z0glin Warchief posted:

you get a pass

the next volume (11) comes out in about 3 weeks, so it'll be easier to get good raws when that releases (53 was the last chapter in volume 10)

Sweet, thanks for the info.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Senmanga? He either can't or doesn't want to rip from there.

Sweet, thanks for the info.

Yeah, SenManga.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hah, he just asked if I knew how to rip from senmanga.

I do not know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Right Click.
Save Image.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

*wipes tear from his eye*

Anzu's just the best kid, isn't she? She's the best!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
dansan joshi hitting hard with the monster hunter references

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Artificer posted:

It's a free account right? No strings attached?

It's always refused to allow me to log in to any account I create, no matter what web browser I use ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

nerdz posted:

dansan joshi hitting hard with the monster hunter references

Excellent, as always. Of course, nothing can beat that one image in the first chapter, the toilet thing!

Saiki Kusuo has become a romance manga!!

And Earth Afterschool, of course.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Nice.

Hoping to get some time to start a regular slice of life thread sometime, but I just started grad school so WHO KNOWS.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Gosh darn it, I'll have to make it myself then! But I only really know of, like, 2 that I really like: Tomo-Chan's a Girl! and Mitsuboshi Colors. If you could list some others to recommend for an op (I'm thinking about 3 more would be good) then that'd be great!

Succubus-sensei ... is kind of sad. Aww. :shobon:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Gosh darn it, I'll have to make it myself then! But I only really know of, like, 2 that I really like: Tomo-Chan's a Girl! and Mitsuboshi Colors. If you could list some others to recommend for an op (I'm thinking about 3 more would be good) then that'd be great!

H-hang on, maybe I can get to it this weekend! Let's see how much homework I get done today.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

This one is pretty good, and it's sorta close to the single dad genre:

A dude accidentally befriends a weird kid

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Baby-Kokoro-no-Mama-ni

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

H-hang on, maybe I can get to it this weekend! Let's see how much homework I get done today.

Rodenthar's NORMAL Slice of Life thread is up so go in there to post about Takagi-San and all the other nice non-surreal daily life mangas!

So I guess demon mom is being taken care of by a high school girl. Huh. Also, wow what is with the design of her younger sister??? The proportions are pretty nutty here! Although, in a meta sort of way, I like the concept of "hentai manga characters going legit/mainstream".

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Rodenthar's NORMAL Slice of Life thread is up so go in there to post about Takagi-San and all the other nice non-surreal daily life mangas!

So I guess demon mom is being taken care of by a high school girl. Huh. Also, wow what is with the design of her younger sister??? The proportions are pretty nutty here! Although, in a meta sort of way, I like the concept of "hentai manga characters going legit/mainstream".

New Maid Dragon is up! In which Tooru is ... stunned.

So yeah, the SOL thread is up! I didn't want to emphasize Takagi or Ojojojo (and a few others) because they already seem to be housed in the Romance thread, but if people talk about them I will certainly not say no :3:

In making the thread I was reminded of a few things that I couldn't remember had been brought up here or not. One was Demon Mom, so we're good there. The others are:

Kumo Desu Ga: a very cute fantasy ... adventure / slice of dungeon life (that might be stretching it a bit). It's great.

It's My LIfe: a slice of life where a scary looking retired night kind of adopts a little witch. It's also great!

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

The embarrassment of riches in the non-surreal daily life thread made me want to recommend two older, finished, non-funny comics:

Twin Spica

Little girl chases her dream of being an astronaut, also is best friends with a lion ghost. Licensed, someone has scanned the first five volumes but you're going to have to brave your local library for the last seven. Do not actually read it there in the library, crying at manga in public is Not A Cool Look.

Kabu no Isaki

By far my favorite work by the YKK author, about flying planes in a huge empty world. There will be a point where you think the comic should be over but there is still a whole volume left - you can actually stop there, the author has just decided to spend a bonus volume laboriously converting subtext into text. Online in full.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What kind of subtext are we talking about?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Explosions posted:

The embarrassment of riches in the non-surreal daily life thread made me want to recommend two older, finished, non-funny comics:

Twin Spica

Little girl chases her dream of being an astronaut, also is best friends with a lion ghost. Licensed, someone has scanned the first five volumes but you're going to have to brave your local library for the last seven. Do not actually read it there in the library, crying at manga in public is Not A Cool Look.

My library has this!! I had to put it down -- it's just too tragic!! :qq: But good. I just feel sorry for the unwitting teen who picks this up thinking "Oh it's gonna be a cute and fun story".

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Explosions posted:

Twin Spica

Kabu no Isaki

By far my favorite work by the YKK author, about flying planes in a huge empty world. There will be a point where you think the comic should be over but there is still a whole volume left - you can actually stop there, the author has just decided to spend a bonus volume laboriously converting subtext into text. Online in full.

I'll put them in the op! And kabu no isaki is one of the ones I mentioned I left out. I planned to add it and a few others up there (another BIG omission is Sweetness and lightning, which I also plan to add soon.)
Also what does "embarrassment of riches" mean? Sounds like a voice-to-text mess up, but who knows!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's so rich with content as an OP that it puts mine to shame!!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
drat you all what are you doing I don't have enough time in my life for all this!!

Why would you do this to me!!!

Edit: Takagi-san spoiler Which chapter had the guy finally screw up the courage to ask Takagi to the festival?

Edit: 28.5

Artificer fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 4, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

It's My LIfe: a slice of life where a scary looking retired night kind of adopts a little witch. It's also great!

From the thumbnail, i thought it was that one manga about a forest golem taking care of a pseudo-minotaur girl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

HenryEx posted:

From the thumbnail, i thought it was that one manga about a forest golem taking care of a pseudo-minotaur girl.

Nope, and quite honestly I don't think it's as good as the golem one, but it's still good.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Has this been posted here yet? I cannot remember.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro

I wish it had more chapters, but it's pretty funny.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Has this been posted here yet? I cannot remember.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro

I wish it had more chapters, but it's pretty funny.

This is excellent, and yeah has been linked, but the scanlators are like sooooooooooooo sporadic!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Apparently this is happening, for those of you who don't read the season threads.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Apparently this is happening, for those of you who don't read the season threads.

I am so pumped for this, you wouldn't even know.

There's two new chapters of Dansan Joshi to read. And, uh, that Christmas chapter. .... Uh... :psyduck:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

DrSunshine posted:

There's two new chapters of Dansan Joshi to read. And, uh, that Christmas chapter. .... Uh... :psyduck:

I'm the guy who's translating Dansan Joshi, I'm glad to see people are enjoying (??) it.

I personally love how the Dansan Joshi universe keeps getting more and more bizarre. It started with kids discussing how they poop and trying to spy on couples, and now it's got "Santa" putting tasty golden balls in people's nutsacks and national armpit hair tournaments. It really is "whatever ridiculous idea pops into Mizu Asato's head, the comic".

Also, just a heads-up, updates may be slow(er) for a while.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Araki posted:

I'm the guy who's translating Dansan Joshi, I'm glad to see people are enjoying (??) it.

I personally love how the Dansan Joshi universe keeps getting more and more bizarre. It started with kids discussing how they poop and trying to spy on couples, and now it's got "Santa" putting tasty golden balls in people's nutsacks and national armpit hair tournaments. It really is "whatever ridiculous idea pops into Mizu Asato's head, the comic".

Also, just a heads-up, updates may be slow(er) for a while.

I am totally enjoying it! It's super weird and super good, and thank you so much for your work!!

I love it for the same reason you mentioned. It's like the perfect SDL manga, where it just has normal people doing or encountering utterly bizarre things in a normal world setting, and they just take it all at face-value. It completely exemplifies everything this thread is supposed to be about.

EDIT: It also helps that the girls are all round-faced moegirls. This is a major plus!! The contrast between the stuff they talk about/do and the art style is really fun.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 5, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Thanks for your hard work! I'm behind on it, but I'll catch up sometime!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh man, I just love the Rube-Goldbergian conniving that Chio invents in order to Assassin's Creed her way out of sticky situations! It's hilarious as hell.

EDIT: :nws: warning, though, there's a bit of pantyshot in this towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two new chapters of Criminale! plus one omake chapter -

Chapter 20 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-020--See-you-later-Triangle--Hello-Square?id=315004

Chapter 21 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-021--Luna-Rossa?id=315005

Chapter 15.5 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-015-005--Buon-Giorno-002?id=315003

Seems like Tamito's "crime" is stealing girls' hearts.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 7, 2016