Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Left Behind books actually do have a believer who is clocked out and forcibly given the Mark of the Beast by his concerned parents (If I recall, they're able to put off getting the mark for a while and actually become believes themselves), and doesn't go to Hell, and they use it as an opportunity to infiltrate the antichrist's regime (Though "infiltrate" in this series usually means observe disapprovingly.)

Getting the mark is a sign that your heart is hardened enough and that you're so committed to ignoring the signs of God's impending return that you aren't going to convert in the short time you have left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's nothing to do with religious reasons but I wouldn't want a microchip implanted in me unless I managed to become some kind of half machine Terminatir morherfucker

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Jonas Albrecht posted:

One is clearly pre-trib Vicki, the other post-trib.

PS, please no one ever tell End Times Believers why shortening Tribulations to "trib" is funny.

Can someone tell me why it's funny? I promise I am not an end times believer.

Edit: Well now I know.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Aug 24, 2016

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Captain Redbeard posted:

Can someone tell me why it's funny? I promise I am not an end times believer.

Isn't tribbing when women rub their donut parts together?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
FYI y'all it's Revelation, no plural. If you're going to argue about it with people on the Internet they will smugly imply you don't know what you're talking about if you call it Revelations.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I compiled a good story of a mosque opening somewhere in Georgia. The same person is the OP of all of them, don't know them personally (friend of my racist uncle). Its basically just a bunch of really racist people jerking each other off furiously. Hopefully its funny to some one.

The colors for names isn't consistent across different images because I'm lazy. If I used all black for names its cause all the names were different and I'm lazy. If its colorful though then its the same person.

Here is a taste to see if you're interested:

Libtards think they will be BBQing with MUSLIMS HOW OUTRAGEOUS!!!

http://imgur.com/a/eWYWh

6 images total, hopefully I covered up the personal info everywhere but its a public profile and racists can suck my jimmies.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
You know you're running out of fuel when you have to start citing potential zoning laws as part of your racist tirade. Maybe the bigots are finally wearing themselves out?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You are making me sad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

fullroundaction posted:

You know you're running out of fuel when you have to start citing potential zoning laws as part of your racist tirade. Maybe the bigots are finally wearing themselves out?

Nup. It's just that they know that saying "Mussies are rapists/childmurderers/dirty/different/foreign/different to 'us'"etc. is bad, and will be shot down.

However, they still feel that Muslims* are inherently bad, so they grasp at straws such as a single instance of a zoning code violation years ago, as proof that their irrationally held prejudices are right.

*Insert whatever group they are bigoted against, Gays, blacks, muslims, jews, immigrants etc.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Right but it's Gays that wipe their asses with their bare hands, not Muslims :confused:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Immolat1on posted:

I compiled a good story of a mosque opening somewhere in Georgia. The same person is the OP of all of them, don't know them personally (friend of my racist uncle). Its basically just a bunch of really racist people jerking each other off furiously. Hopefully its funny to some one.

The colors for names isn't consistent across different images because I'm lazy. If I used all black for names its cause all the names were different and I'm lazy. If its colorful though then its the same person.

Here is a taste to see if you're interested:

Libtards think they will be BBQing with MUSLIMS HOW OUTRAGEOUS!!!

http://imgur.com/a/eWYWh

6 images total, hopefully I covered up the personal info everywhere but its a public profile and racists can suck my jimmies.

I can't believe they used "They smell!" as a reason to hate Muslims. They really are 5.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I do appreciate it when people whose social media presence is mostly sharing anti big government right wing memes suddenly become champions of fussy parking and zoning regulations because of a mosque.

Also doing a 180 degree about-face on the role of government in people's lives/society when gay marriage comes up.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

I do appreciate it when people whose social media presence is mostly sharing anti big government right wing memes suddenly become champions of fussy parking and zoning regulations because of a mosque.

Also doing a 180 degree about-face on the role of government in people's lives/society when gay marriage comes up.

"Liberty and free markets for me and totalitarian dictatorship for you." :colbert:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Yeah, the idea of Revelations as being prophecy of events leading up to the apocalypse is a fairly new (and almost exclusively American) idea. From a historical perspective it's fairly clear that John was writing about things happening in his time, but doing so in coded and metaphorical language. An example:

And the historical context (thanks to J. Nelson Kraybill)

Or you have the idea that 'The Beast' is going to declare himself God, take over the temple at Jerusalem, and then destroy it. A historical approach would identify this 'beast' as the Roman emperor Titus, who did declare himself God and did destroy the temple at Jerusalem, but fundies have concluded that this means that the Antichrist is going to rebuild the temple, then take it over, and then destroy it, because they're stupid people who need to feel that their lives are part of a destined and prophecied series of events.

Caligula declared himself a God and wanted to put a statue of himself in the Temple, causing a dude named Philo of Alexandria to go to Rome with a delegation to convince him not to do it. He was killed before he could put his plans into action. I think Nero is the one most associated as the anti-Christ or "Beast".

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ask purple if he's in favor of Trump's wall across the Mexican border. Then ask how that's different.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

oldpainless posted:

It's nothing to do with religious reasons but I wouldn't want a microchip implanted in me unless I managed to become some kind of half machine Terminatir morherfucker

half machine Terminator motherfuckers still need to buy groceries and pay for gas at the pump though, so it all works out in the end

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drat Muslims and their curry :argh:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Data Graham posted:

drat Muslims and their curry :argh:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I suppose if putting a chip in people allowed the police to more easily locate fugitives it would be a good idea.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I find it deliciously ironic that evangelicals preach about women should be treated as chattel, imposing their beliefs and bigotry on others, then get all :tinfoil: about Muslims and Sharia law. Do they not want the competition?

At some point all fundamentalism becomes impossible to distinguish.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Panfilo posted:

I find it deliciously ironic that evangelicals preach about women should be treated as chattel, imposing their beliefs and bigotry on others, then get all :tinfoil: about Muslims and Sharia law. Do they not want the competition?

You have that same weird stare as him don't you.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'd rather smell like curry than warm dairy, which is apparently what white people smell like.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Jews with tattoos can be buried in Jewish cemeteries (not just those who were compelled to get them): https://www.ou.org/torah/machshava/tzarich-iyun/tzarich_iyun_jews_with_tattoos/

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Panfilo posted:

Well you see, America was founded as a 'Christian Nation' under Christian ideals so it's perfectly ok to force those beliefs on the entire country (don't worry about separation of church and state, it's the one thing the founding father's were wrong about). Dirty Smelly Muslims and their "Islam" are all about hating America and wanting to destroy everything we hold dear that ARE SOLDIERS fought to protect.

The real hypocrisy to me is that they assume that Muslim=terrorist and they refuse to acknowledge the billions of Muslims worldwide who just want to live and worship in peace, while also refusing to acknowledge that there are radical Christians who have killed people, attacked abortion clinics and protested the funerals of American heroes all in the name of (the Christian) God.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

WrenP-Complete posted:

Jews with tattoos

Fantastic name for a prog-rock band, thanks much.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's because they don't hate Muslims. They hate anything that is different. Muslim is the one they hate now/today.

It could just as easily be blacks/queers/women/liberals/poors/Catholics/whatever. And the same arguments would be used (They hate our freedoms. They are against our way of life. They are filthy/dirty/smelly. They are stupid/lazy. They are all murderers/rapists. Etc.)

It's all about Us vs Them. And the most vocal, bigotted, and retarded 'us' of them all are white 'American Christians'. And they will lash out at any "them' they can. And they will champion/fetishize anything that resembles the 'us' they have in their head.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
My experience of new mosques in the neighbourhood is they lead to a 100% increase in chill Moroccan dudes who sell cheap delicious versions of what supermarkets charge out the rear end for. Mint tea motherfuckers, do you drink it?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Fantastic name for a prog-rock band, thanks much.

Tattoos with Jews just doesn't have the same ring.

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
six generations

not really an idiot but I liked what this dude found so scary in Popular TV Show

hey LoB when you post MGTOW screeds where they refer to women as "creepy" that's all one guy, right? Because it never makes any sense in context and I like to assume it's a term he gets called a lot and doesn't quite get what it means

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

oldpainless posted:

What other reason would one have to get microchips in them? poo poo I'd love to get chipped precisely for that, it's the first step.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I wonder why :airquote: natural immunity :airquote: didn't help people not die from smallpox, tetanus, pertussis, mumps, polio, and measles back in the day? Hell, that was even before :siren: UNNATURAL AND TOXIC NEUROTOXIC VACCINES :siren: had been around to create the government-mandated population-control superbugs of today -- it should have been a pushover!

Fake edit: No fluoride in the water or chemtrails back then to mess with their precious bodily fluids either. What's the story, antivaxxers?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Weatherman posted:

I wonder why :airquote: natural immunity :airquote: didn't help people not die from smallpox, tetanus, pertussis, mumps, polio, and measles back in the day? Hell, that was even before :siren: UNNATURAL AND TOXIC NEUROTOXIC VACCINES :siren: had been around to create the government-mandated population-control superbugs of today -- it should have been a pushover!

Fake edit: No fluoride in the water or chemtrails back then to mess with their precious bodily fluids either. What's the story, antivaxxers?

How do you know?? You Weren't THere

checkmate, obvious puppet of the pharmaceutical industry :colbert:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Tattoos with Jews just doesn't have the same ring.

Unless it's a YouTube series about a bunch of Haredi opening a tattoo parlor. I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"it can change the DNA"

:rolleyes:

That's why there is no convincing these people with actual facts, they know so little about what they are talking about that complete bullshit will seem just as likely to be true as actual scientific fact. Except one of the 2 agrees with them and it certainly ain't science.

Maybe they should just get their own dating sites and little communities so they can just keep passing the diseases around among themselves. The thing is that there again the bad choices of the parents will punish the children and that's one of the things that makes me so drat mad about anti vaxxers.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

invisible jerk posted:

hey LoB when you post MGTOW screeds where they refer to women as "creepy" that's all one guy, right? Because it never makes any sense in context and I like to assume it's a term he gets called a lot and doesn't quite get what it means

"Creep shaming" is a pretty big deal in a certain kind of community. They tend to not care about slut shaming and whatevs, but avoiding or disliking people for being "creepy" (whatever that means) is one of the biggest issues in modern society. I could totally see a group of them thinking they're fighting the power or reclaiming a slur by calling women creepy.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kajeesus posted:

"Creep shaming" is a pretty big deal in a certain kind of community. They tend to not care about slut shaming and whatevs, but avoiding or disliking people for being "creepy" (whatever that means) is one of the biggest issues in modern society. I could totally see a group of them thinking they're fighting the power or reclaiming a slur by calling women creepy.

Usually "Creepy" means that they are breaking part of the social contract.

This link explains things quite well

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Uh, I do know what creepy means. I'm just saying there's a lot of MRAs and similar who think it's some kind of arbitrary label women use to hurt men who are undesirable because they are poor, ugly, black, beta or whatever.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

bean_shadow posted:

Caligula declared himself a God and wanted to put a statue of himself in the Temple, causing a dude named Philo of Alexandria to go to Rome with a delegation to convince him not to do it. He was killed before he could put his plans into action. I think Nero is the one most associated as the anti-Christ or "Beast".

You're right. If you write "Nero Caesar" in Hebrew and read it as a series of numbers you get 200,60,100,50,6,200,50. Add those up and you get 666.

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

Uh, I do know what creepy means. I'm just saying there's a lot of MRAs and similar who think it's some kind of arbitrary label women use to hurt men who are undesirable because they are poor, ugly, black, beta or whatever.

even when its totally nonsensical in context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

fullroundaction posted:

Depends. The city I work in a Muslim group wanted to build a Mosque but were protested against, and eventually shot down by city council on the basis that the land they wanted to build it on was zoned residential. I get it, actually. It was in a residential neighborhood. If I lived there I wouldn't want any large building with a gigantic parking being built basically in my backyard. Property values in that area would plummet, regardless of what the building was.