Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
5% for 1 adj, 10% for a full surround. Nothing else unless the visual indicators are wrong. It's useful but it's not as useful as using combo attacks or smite/raid against orgonite cloud users.

I almost never bother with relationship junk and forget about armor breaker a lot. I always get the surround + max break + 2 combo attacks + 1 Attacker for my SR points pre valor.

Once you have valor you can do w/e which you should start getting after that stage. I do have to use armor breaker to kill the early retreat bosses that have no SR point, but I haven't gotten anything good out of those so it's mostly for fun.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Rascyc posted:

Wow they made even more R original mechs? What is their obsession there when we already two good ones that I'd love to use again..

Something something the Time Flow Engine is a dangerous plot device that's not actually as dangerous as half the plot devices you're now running around with and at the point where you're dealing with some kind of immortal cosmic god emperor that'll show up next game (possibly even two or three) they're likely just going to bring them back.

i kind of want to see how Lu Cobol having a rivalry with Kaisar Ephes actually and he's doing all that he's doing in some attempt to get rid of the greater evil, like some kind of OG Lord Genome

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 23, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Sakura Wars has robots so I am declaring that it is close enough to SRW to talk about in this thread so uhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxC6wXR9aYQ

The latest game in a series about the glorious Japanese empire...only in Korean. I don't even know what to do with all this irony.

(Android only, of course)

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 23, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Rascyc posted:

Wow they made even more R original mechs? What is their obsession there when we already two good ones that I'd love to use again..

The gimmick of the R originals was that they had seven different frames: Striker, Gunner, Diver, Flyer, Cosmo Driver, Lightning, and Eternal. When the Excellences showed up in OG Gaiden, only Striker, Lightning, and Eternal made it over. So in this game, since they brought back the Striker, they also decided to tack on Gunner so R fans could get a little more bang for their buck.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

BlitzBlast posted:

The gimmick of the R originals was that they had seven different frames: Striker, Gunner, Diver, Flyer, Cosmo Driver, Lightning, and Eternal. When the Excellences showed up in OG Gaiden, only Striker, Lightning, and Eternal made it over. So in this game, since they brought back the Striker, they also decided to tack on Gunner so R fans could get a little more bang for their buck.

The Flyer and Cosmo Driver forms were also in OGs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
All I know is the Gunstrikers or whatever I just got look terrible alongside all the new stuff. Big disappointment.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

+

=

It sounds like you just don't like how the Excellences look, honestly.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Nah I actually really like most of the Excellence frames from the older games, it's the animations. Anyway I was mistaken in thinking they got all their attacks when you first get them. The last attack looks pretty cool now that I youtube it. A lot of their other attacks are just meh aside from the claw/knife one.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
More Sakura Wars 1 PS2, more girls, stream up!

Edit: Stream over, but please look forward to the great battle against Levi Torah in a leather bikini next time

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 24, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Are the quit skits in MD random? I wanna catch 'em all.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Just started Moon Dwellers, had been doing it on stream live (stream's over now though).

Holy poo poo are those early SR points brutal. I don't even know how you'd do Space 3. I couldn't physically get to them fast enough. (I'd killed 3 and nicked a fourth.)

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Raid is your friend.

KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Are the quit skits in MD random? I wanna catch 'em all.

Yeah

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Irisize posted:

Raid is your friend.

I used Raid and Accel (well, Quicken, but it's still Accel to me) and I still didn't make it quite in time. It doesn't help that Rai just ain't that fast, even when paired with someone faster.

If you keep items in NG+, I could definitely do it then, though. I'd only need a couple Boosters, one for each member of the team.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

I used Raid and Accel (well, Quicken, but it's still Accel to me) and I still didn't make it quite in time. It doesn't help that Rai just ain't that fast, even when paired with someone faster.

If you keep items in NG+, I could definitely do it then, though. I'd only need a couple Boosters, one for each member of the team.

You dont. Special mode give you 1 of everything though.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KoB posted:

You dont. Special mode give you 1 of everything though.

Not even the... ability block things? There is a movement one in there. RIP.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

Not even the... ability block things? There is a movement one in there. RIP.

The Ability things work like money/PP. You carry over a portion of AP and buy what you want.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Prism posted:

Its easy if you put everybody in the battleship. That moves as far as it can for two turns and then everybody piles out with Quicken/Raid and they basically get a free 6 movement on turn 2. It's real tough otherwise though, I got close but battleship trick was what did it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EthanSteele posted:

Its easy if you put everybody in the battleship. That moves as far as it can for two turns and then everybody piles out with Quicken/Raid and they basically get a free 6 movement on turn 2. It's real tough otherwise though, I got close but battleship trick was what did it.

I should have been able to figure that one out. Next time!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Continuous attack and then splitting the squad afterwards for an extra attack is also one of my go-to tricks in the early games.

The SR points completely fall apart after like stage 12 though. I can't even remember a vaguely difficult one since the "kill a bunch of units and dock on the ship by turn 5"

Also RIP me that Excellence attack I saw on youtube is actually their finisher they already have, I thought it was a different move AUGH

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gundam Breaker 3 is getting what sounds like a major DLC expansion.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Is there a way to get my save from my NA account onto my Singapore account so I could use it and download dlc?

Im assuming no.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Doesn't PS4 work the same way as PS3 where DLC downloaded onto one system can be used by all accounts on said system? I haven't actually used the DLC in my copy of GB3 yet to check.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Policenaut posted:

Doesn't PS4 work the same way as PS3 where DLC downloaded onto one system can be used by all accounts on said system? I haven't actually used the DLC in my copy of GB3 yet to check.

Unfortunately that depends on the game. Z3.1 allows DLC to be used by all accounts, Z3.2 is the actual account that bought it only so I'm sure other developers and games have done that too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

The DLC in Breaker 2 only worked on the account from the same region the game was from.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
'Consumable' DLC only works for the account that redeemed it like DoAX3 premium tickets, idolmaster producer drops, and of course gundam breaker 3's preorder barbatos. The actual update expansion dlc in gundam breaker 3 can be used by all accounts.

edit:

EthanSteele posted:

Unfortunately that depends on the game. Z3.1 allows DLC to be used by all accounts, Z3.2 is the actual account that bought it only so I'm sure other developers and games have done that too.

Z3.2 is downloaded on my JP account but I can access all my bonus items and scenarios just fine on my NA account.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 25, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Because I apparently hate my money, I got Pride of Justice and the PS2 CLassic version of Z. :doh:

Which routes should I do first?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Setsuko. Cooler secrets, plus if you're going to do New Game + for the second Route she natrually gets more PP.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Gunleon has a giant wrench so I think its pretty clear which you should choose.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This game is good and weird.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Setsuko. Cooler secrets, plus if you're going to do New Game + for the second Route she natrually gets more PP.

You won me at more PPs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

You won me at more PPs.

Excellent.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ryoga posted:

Z3.2 is downloaded on my JP account but I can access all my bonus items and scenarios just fine on my NA account.

That's weird because I definitely couldn't and had to do a thing to modify my save from my regular account to work on my JP one because my regular one couldn't access any of the stuff. My copy of Z3.2 is disc though so maybe that makes a difference?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

EthanSteele posted:

That's weird because I definitely couldn't and had to do a thing to modify my save from my regular account to work on my JP one because my regular one couldn't access any of the stuff. My copy of Z3.2 is disc though so maybe that makes a difference?

It could be a digital vs disc thing. PSN can be really weird with compatibility issues between digital and disc.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh, nice! The super good LP of Z (which I haven't yet finished) has Setsuko as a first run and Rand as a New Game +. This is disturbingly helpful!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh, nice! The super good LP of Z (which I haven't yet finished) has Setsuko as a first run and Rand as a New Game +. This is disturbingly helpful!

Glad to be helpful. :v:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm near the end of Moon Dwellers and I love that every stage seems to have Shu's bird asking him if he just wants to use Neo Granzon and kill everything himself.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 27, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I'm near the end of Mood Dwellers and I love that every stage seems to have Shu's bird asking him if he just wants to use Neo Granzon and kill everything himself.

If not for SR points he could probably do it too!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

ImpAtom posted:

If not for SR points he could probably do it too!

Him and Calvina in the same twin will handle entire armies, yep. Truth in advertising!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Luceid posted:

Him and Calvina in the same twin will handle entire armies, yep. Truth in advertising!

Awaken, BellGranRymer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pFD8_-dRw

• Locked thread