Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ages posted:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BEACH CITY!!!

DON'T YOU DARE!

BE SOUR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

GlitchThief posted:

Her powerful gem-saliva arms.

Junpei Hyde posted:

With her arms.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Was just a matter of time till they pulled a Trigger artist on board. Combined with Jeff and Colin, and the fact that it's a Stevonnie training episode this should be Quite a Thing

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Flying-PCP posted:

Was just a matter of time till they pulled a Trigger artist on board. Combined with Jeff and Colin, and the fact that it's a Stevonnie training episode this should be Quite a Thing

Oh man I'm so excited now! TRIGGER animators have a good grasp of Western techniques so this should be good. They probably just did some fight scenes but I'm still super happy to hear about this collaboration.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Someone redraw the One Punch Man "100 pushups, 100 sit-ups" panel with Connie instead of Saitama

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Rasamune posted:

Someone redraw the One Punch Man "100 pushups, 100 sit-ups" panel with Connie instead of Saitama

But also Connie is bald.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CeallaSo posted:

But also Connie is bald.

She's been wearing weighted hair this whole time.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
I really hope the fact that Garnet is hanging around during the training, means there could be a Garnet/Stevonnie sparring match. Pearl is skilled and all, but Stevonnie with Rose's sword clearly outclasses her

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover this place
Sand will cover you

Ages posted:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BEACH CITY!!!

Every gem out there warp to your madame,
To Homeworld and planet earth it's time for Jasper and Am
They keep you laughing in the afternoon
So, don't touch that dial or leave the room

'Cause they're always into trouble
It's fun and you don't wanna miss it
It's double quartz, like 2 the good radius
Jasper and Am or should I say Jas and Amethyst

But you gotta watch Jasper 'cause
Jasper be scheming
With a plan or a plot
To fuse and get seduced

But they kinda in the middle
'Cause they're always gettin' poof'd
This ain't Teen Titans GOin or We Bare Bears mystery
It's just Jasper and Am in your vicinity

Like Mordecai and Rigby, Jake the Dog and Finn,
Clarence and Sumo or the Mystery Twins,
Planet earth's in trouble

Aw here goes
On Dail, Duh, Dail, Dail, Duh, Dailymotion
Dailymotion dot com

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I took a look at Takafumi Hori's Twitter and he's apparently a huge Seven Universe fan, judging by how many tweets he has about it. Thats really sweet :3:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
My journey through the show continues. Smokey Quartz is pretty awesome!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Megaspel posted:

caring too much about racism/social justice is bad, or at least caring in misguided ways is bad. The SJWs that the alt-right won't shut up about do exist, but obviously they massively exaggerate everything about them because they help their narrative. Racism is bad but being an idiot is also bad, not as much usually but still pretty bad..

You could even say

the truth

is in the middle.

Flying-PCP posted:

Holy poo poo this is gonna rule.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
http://porigoshi.tumblr.com/tagged/steven-universe
oh my gosh look how much fanart he's done!! This episode is going to be great!

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 24, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SwimmingSpider posted:

http://porigoshi.tumblr.com/tagged/steven-universe
oh my gosh look how much fanart he's done!! This episode is going to be great!

YES

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Why did Pearl stop using the swords anyway? I don't think the show has ever mentioned it, just always shown her with swords in the past and a Spear in the "now". But Bismuth clearly must have made her spear(s), so she must have switched sometime during the gem war.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Watching Bubbled right now. Season 3 was really good. I'm just shocked at how much I like this show. I don't feel like this show should be this good.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
If you feel like you need more hype for some reason, check out what Rebecca tagged the tumblr post with. It's a line from the new song she performed at SDCC. Pretty sure it's a Ruby and Sapphire duet, based on the lyrics

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flying-PCP posted:

If you feel like you need more hype for some reason, check out what Rebecca tagged the tumblr post with. It's a line from the new song she performed at SDCC. Pretty sure it's a Ruby and Sapphire duet, based on the lyrics

If this ends up being true, I just want to say this: called it.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Flying-PCP posted:

Owns owns owns owns owns. Intense training/badass Connie is my favorite thing in the show, and we're getting a guest animator? Owns owns owns.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone leak the new episode please

namaste

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

In case anyone wants it without the text. 4chan is awful but once in a blue moon something useful comes out of it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Flying-PCP posted:

Hell yeah, that sounds awesome. Garnet training Stevonnie to fight as a fusion would be amazing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I really wanna see Stevonnie less as a "Super Mode" and more as a tactical form. Imagine Steven and Connie fighting separately, fusing in a split second to change the dynamics of the battle, then defusing again, etc.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SalTheBard posted:

Watching Bubbled right now. Season 3 was really good. I'm just shocked at how much I like this show. I don't feel like this show should be this good.

Steven licked Ruby's eyeball rather than use his usual soggy hand method.
That was weird.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

NecroMonster posted:

Why did Pearl stop using the swords anyway? I don't think the show has ever mentioned it, just always shown her with swords in the past and a Spear in the "now". But Bismuth clearly must have made her spear(s), so she must have switched sometime during the gem war.

The spear is the weapon she's best with and can summon; it's for business.

The sword is something Pearl practices as part of her ongoing effort to be the best Pearl she can be; it's something she does for fun.

(She used the swords in the past because she hadn't learned to summon the spear yet.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Say Nothing posted:

That was weird.

I'm like 80 percent it was just meant to be funny, especially Eyeball's reaction.

Also, eagerly awaiting more Stevonnie, they're my favorite character.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Rasamune posted:

CeallaSo posted:

But also Connie is bald.

I...really wish I had seen that second part before I finished the head.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Say Nothing posted:

That was weird.

He also kissed Centipeetle right on her pupil:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Say Nothing posted:

That was weird.

I'm convinced it's a JoJo reference. If not to this then an oblique one to this.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Flying-PCP posted:

Hmm that makes sense the preview showed sapphire, not sure when else she'd show up, maybe this will be a little story from garnet about how she became a closer fusion

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm pretty sure centipeedle is a nephrite! bismuth mentions ambushing a drop ship with pearl and taking out a nephrite pilot, so it lines up pretty closely with everything from monster buddies.

and it looks like this:

it all lines up!! im a steven universe trivia genius now!!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

NecroMonster posted:

I think they've made it fairly clear in the show, and clarified in interviews, that gem weapons are just somehow different* from normal weapons. So while Pearl might like using swords, she can't summon them on the fly like she can with her spear, ergo they don't see as much use.

*Granted it'd be nice if they bothered to clarify what the difference is but that seems like one of those minor details that'll never get addressed.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I saw a tumblr post mentioning that we've gotten other celebrity voice actresses for one off gems and so Kate Mulgrew should play one of the diamonds and now I can't stop wanting that.

E: idea: In the scene where she sings the corruption song, they briefly focus on a gem becoming a salamander.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Motherfucker posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RcW1N

Just a reminder that fans are degenerates and you should be ashamed if you associate with them.

Man, how do you do it? When I showed this to the thread, they dogpiled me.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DolphinCop posted:

i'm pretty sure centipeedle is a nephrite! bismuth mentions ambushing a drop ship with pearl and taking out a nephrite pilot, so it lines up pretty closely with everything from monster buddies.

and it looks like this:

it all lines up!! im a steven universe trivia genius now!!

That's a pretty good theory.

I still think Centipeetle might be trapiche emerald though, which looks like this:

At this point it could go either way.

Oh, and here's an intresting tidbit about Jasper from a recent interview with Rebecca Sugar:

After she’s defeated by Steven and Amethyst, Jasper refuses the help that Steven gave to previous adversaries like Peridot and Lapis. Why is that?

Jasper is very different than Peridot and Lapis. Unlike them, she has a deep hate for herself because of her origins on Earth. She is determined to never be weak or vulnerable. So at the point when she’s the lowest, there’s no way she’d ever accept help, because she believes she doesn’t deserve it.

Peridot and Lapis both believed they deserved better than what happened to them, but not Jasper. She went back to Earth to face her demons, and she lost. She’s consumed by her own self pity.

http://www.thewrap.com/steven-universe-creator-rebecca-sugar-talks-lgbt-themes-teases-season-3/

So yeah, Jasper hates herself. That's not exactly unsurprising.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

EasyEW posted:

I...really wish I had seen that second part before I finished the head.

Is this a reference to something that happened in One-Punch Man? Because that's my bedtime workout minus the situps and running.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

WarpedNaba posted:

Is this a reference to something that happened in One-Punch Man? Because that's my bedtime workout minus the situps and running.

Obviously not... this is One Punch Woman :colbert:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

WarpedNaba posted:

Man, how do you do it? When I showed this to the thread, they dogpiled me.

I am from shitpostistan and none of those garbage people are awake at the same time as me.

Also if they were I would insult them and they would cry cuz I am so sick at burns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SwimmingSpider posted:

I took a look at Takafumi Hori's Twitter and he's apparently a huge Seven Universe fan, judging by how many tweets he has about it. Thats really sweet :3:

same