Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyways, sorry, everyone can go back to talking about No Man's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's a lot of DOS-era games on steam that flat out don't work and they don't give a poo poo at any level. I switched to GOG for that stuff and haven't had a problem.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

GOG muh om nom Nomin's

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

GOG muh om nom Nomin's

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

there's a lot of DOS-era games on steam that flat out don't work and they don't give a poo poo at any level. I switched to GOG for that stuff and haven't had a problem.

they all usually run dosbox but no one has updated dosbox on the steam versions in like 5 years

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

GOG muh om nom Nomin's

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Benny D posted:

Why would they issue a refund to a gamer who can't complete a side quest

lol 👌🔥

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Coolguye posted:

the policy is if you've played it less than 2 hours and owned it for like less than 6 months or some poo poo

It's less than two hours played and within 2 weeks of purchase date.

To be fair I've requested like 6 refunds and they've all been approved pretty quickly but yeah any game more than 4 or 5 years old I just go to gog since they actually give a poo poo about their customers.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

the only old games i have on steam i got gifted and i still sort of regret it because it takes me like 2 hours to get them running every time

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mostly if I've purchased an Old Game from Steam, I have some sourceport in mind and only really need the files.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so are they going to update this at all, or is the shipped version just what we're getting?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Incredible

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

fibonacci sonic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I loving Love Math

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

GOG muh om nom Nomin's

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Mathematically perfect. objective beauty

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Coolguye posted:

the policy is if you've played it less than 2 hours and owned it for like less than 6 months or some poo poo

<2 hours played and <2 weeks of purchase, so it'll probably take the devs 15 days to comment on any of the questions about what is/isn't in the game

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

<2 hours played and <2 weeks of purchase, so it'll probably take the devs 15 days to comment on any of the questions about what is/isn't in the game

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/steam-is-accepting-no-mans-sky-refunds-by-users-with-more-than-2-hours-of-playtime-37449

Steam's refunding for anyone who thinks the game is a piece of poo poo, god is great.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was excited for this but I'm not going to buy it after all. Shame...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

They wouldn't refund my broken FFX HD collection because I didn't find the bugs in time.

how was FFXHD broken? i've put like 30 horus in and got distracted, but gently caress picking it back up if there is some game breaking bug

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Frog Act posted:

how was FFXHD broken? i've put like 30 horus in and got distracted, but gently caress picking it back up if there is some game breaking bug

iirc the rng's broken nd spits up the same numbers every time it calls a number fr a particular action

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

iirc the rng's broken nd spits up the same numbers every time it calls a number fr a particular action

This was just the PS4 version but they fixed it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

I just had a weird cutscene bug about 2 chapters into FFX-2 where it canceled all the dialogue. Like it would just not play the audio and skip the animation entirely, it was weird. Not a clue what was up. I'll get it on PS4 in a couple years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The reasoning for that bugs existence was cool. Apparently a lot of games, instead of trying to generate random numbers because it's a pain to do well, just look at the system clock for the number to put into the RNG. This is what they did on the PS3 version of FFXHD, and when they ported it to PS4 they forgot to change the thing that said it was a PS4 clock instead of a PS3 clock so it just defaulted to 12:00AM 1/1/1900 and everybody got the exact same seed for every RNG outcome in the game, meaning no matter how many times you tried to beat a boss the outcome wouldn't change if your strategy was the same. Bizarre

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just had a weird cutscene bug about 2 chapters into FFX-2 where it canceled all the dialogue. Like it would just not play the audio and skip the animation entirely, it was weird. Not a clue what was up. I'll get it on PS4 in a couple years.

ah...i was gonna give x-2 a miss anyway, probably, but that's still a bummer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

ah...i was gonna give x-2 a miss anyway
Why would you do this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The reasoning for that bugs existence was cool. Apparently a lot of games, instead of trying to generate random numbers because it's a pain to do well, just look at the system clock for the number to put into the RNG. This is what they did on the PS3 version of FFXHD, and when they ported it to PS4 they forgot to change the thing that said it was a PS4 clock instead of a PS3 clock so it just defaulted to 12:00AM 1/1/1900 and everybody got the exact same seed for every RNG outcome in the game, meaning no matter how many times you tried to beat a boss the outcome wouldn't change if your strategy was the same. Bizarre
This is pretty cool and I hope someone mods in the ability to enter custom RNG seeds or something.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why would you do this?

I remember being embarrassed by the skimpy outfits many years ago is it actually a good rpg?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol tht's really cool, i love weird oversight bugs like that or the butt glitch in ds3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I remember being embarrassed by the skimpy outfits many years ago is it actually a good rpg?

It's the second or third best FF depending on what day of the week you ask me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Yes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
well, poo poo, thanks i'll have to make sure to play it then. plus theres a mod on steam that makes the outfits a little less skimpy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frog Act posted:

plus theres a mod on steam that makes the outfits a little less skimpy

weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

not so much weird that someone would use that but Im surprised that mod even exists

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
i can't find the thread anymore, but when i picked the collection up during teh steam sale I saw someone who had posted about making the mod that did that. i posted "hey thank you this will make the game less awkward to play if i get around to it" and ended up subscribed to the steamcommunity thread. i accumulated like 1000 notifications because it made a lot of people really, really angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Frog Act posted:

i can't find the thread anymore, but when i picked the collection up during teh steam sale I saw someone who had posted about making the mod that did that. i posted "hey thank you this will make the game less awkward to play if i get around to it" and ended up subscribed to the steamcommunity thread. i accumulated like 1000 notifications because it made a lot of people really, really angry

im angry

• Locked thread