Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I was attempting to Nuzlocke Omega Ruby but I am a loser and when my Aron died from an errant Magnitude 10 crit I gave up. I like my little steel kaiju too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I'm so so so so so so so sorry

The Lord will give me strength.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Lazaruise posted:

I was attempting to Nuzlocke Omega Ruby but I am a loser and when my Aron died from an errant Magnitude 10 crit I gave up. I like my little steel kaiju too much.

I had almost the same thing happen to me in my run. Aron is probably my favorite Pokémon and I'm still trying to decide if I even want to go on without my girl Steella.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how can you guys nuzlocke? that involves not getting your favourite pokemons

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I like making new favorites. And the DexNav in ORAS can let you game selection some if you want.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

how can you guys nuzlocke? that involves not getting your favourite pokemons
Sometimes it's fun using a pokemon you never would have thought to use before. Sometimes you're an idiot like I am and don't play with a dupes clause and get to the fourth gym with 5 of the same pokemon on your team.

It's about the unexpected emotional bonds you form with that dumb ratatta you wanted to die so you could use something else, but it turns out to be your team's ace throughout most of the game.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Why is it called "nuzlocke?"

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I decided to do a Nuzlocke Y run, and don't remember anything about X. Anyone have a suggestion for poke level limits for each gym? Don't want to get ideas ahead of time of what each gym leader has if I can avoid it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alright, so I heard something about Pokemon Uranium and I need to know if it's true or not:

Is the final boss really your own dead mom? And if so: can you really catch your own dead mom? Also, how did your mom die in such a way that she turned into a Pokemon?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GlitchThief posted:

The original run was a comic where the ace of the team was a Nunzleaf named Locke

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GlitchThief posted:

I think that was the name of the guy who came up with it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do hidden pokes still show up if you use a repel

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

Dustclouds, shadows etc. yes they do.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

RealFoxy posted:

Sometimes it's fun using a pokemon you never would have thought to use before. Sometimes you're an idiot like I am and don't play with a dupes clause and get to the fourth gym with 5 of the same pokemon on your team.

It's about the unexpected emotional bonds you form with that dumb ratatta you wanted to die so you could use something else, but it turns out to be your team's ace throughout most of the game.

I caught a Dwebble in Y and I was destined to let it die as some sort of lovely fodder mon while I healed something I liked.

Little bastard found a place in my heart and he became one of my team staples and I took him through to the end!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just completed my National Dex! Now to figure out what the hell my next goal is.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the name of the legendary Z Pokemon and did they ever release him? Hell, are they done releasing all of the XY legendaries? Because I think I remember reading that it took them like three years to release the BW2 legendaries

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Calaveron posted:

What's the name of the legendary Z Pokemon and did they ever release him? Hell, are they done releasing all of the XY legendaries? Because I think I remember reading that it took them like three years to release the BW2 legendaries

Zygarde?

And yes, all of the XY guys have been released in some form or fashion. Volcanion I don't think has seen a Western release yet but that'll change in October

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

RealFoxy posted:

The original run was a comic where the ace of the team was a Nunzleaf named Locke

Don't look it up though, it's piss. Also the author got arrested for assaulting a cop.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good. gently caress officer jenny

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zodack posted:

Zygarde?

And yes, all of the XY guys have been released in some form or fashion. Volcanion I don't think has seen a Western release yet but that'll change in October

Man Zygarde looks goofy in all his incantations. Either goopy thing, goofy doggy, some sort of weird snake or a digimon. What's his deal.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Man Zygarde looks goofy in all his incantations. Either goopy thing, goofy doggy, some sort of weird snake or a digimon. What's his deal.

We don't really know since all his non snake forms are Anime and Sun/Moon exclusive. Probably a relic of a scrapped Z version.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I was just grinding on Mount Battle in XD because not having the master ball duplication glitch of Colosseum sucks when the trainer on spot 54 said something like "Aren't unevolved pokemon the best?"

NO YOU SHITBAG THIS SHROOMISH IS LEVEL 53 AND IN 1 MORE LEVEL HE IS EVOLVING ON THE loving SPOT.

And then he did.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Zygarde is available in X and Y, but its other forms were never released, and will only become available in Sun and Moon.

Of the others introduced in gen 6, they have released Diancie (Mega Diancie is only in ORAS) and Hoopa (Hoopa Unbound is only in ORAS), but not Volcanion.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 25, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

regular snake zyguarde is the best legendary behind articuno

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
My first ever Nuzlocke is off to a great start. Lost 3 of my 4 dudes to a Dunsparce(!) rollout.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't look it up though, it's piss. Also the author got arrested for assaulting a cop.

Wait, for real?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

oddium posted:

Agreed.

His other forms are okay, but Snake-Zygarde is rad as gently caress and I wish it was better and not just a kinda-worse Garchomp

:(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

I love toothpaste zygarde

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my favorite legendary pokemon is genesect and i wish techno blast was a better move

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

either that or make the different drives worth a drat. it already gets flamethrower, thunderbolt, and ice beam, not to mention thunder and blizzard, so 3 of the drives are completely worthless. the water one lets it get a water type move which isn't bad but its not worth giving up a held item slot

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well the BP did get buffed from 85 to 120. So that's something, even if it isn't worth much. :v:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

buff normal type

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait, for real?

He claims he took a cigarette from a stranger in the woods, it got him high or something, and he staggered out into the streets. He had the cops called on him and he was eventually arrested. I don't remember hearing the part about assaulting a cop.

EDIT: He never went to prison or anything. I think he won his trial.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

make normal hit fairy for super effective damage

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My favorite legendary Pokemon is good dog Entei, followed by Regice, Registeel, Regirock, and Regigigas. Then Zapdos, and then the rest of the legendaries don't matter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
buff sound moves.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Vernatio posted:

He claims he took a cigarette from a stranger in the woods, it got him high or something, and he staggered out into the streets. He had the cops called on him and he was eventually arrested. I don't remember hearing the part about assaulting a cop.

EDIT: He never went to prison or anything. I think he won his trial.

Even if I was wrong about that the comic is still really bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

buff sound moves.

Do this. make them hit ghosts or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Legendaries aren't really pokemon and if you use one and aren't a literal child you should take a long hard look at your life