Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So it looks like there's more for Joe to do in NXT before he goes to SmackDown. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lol that Twitter screenshot for Joe had the little "You may also want to follow" widget visible and the first person in the list was Christopher Daniels

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw man I was hoping they wrestled with the masks on.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm seeing double here! Four Kanes!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AKUM AND RAZAR

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Authors of Pain look like Vince got so fed up with the repeated failed gimmicks of the Shining Stars and started testing military strength experimental steroids on them.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Authors of Pain look like Vince got so fed up with the repeated failed gimmicks of the Shining Stars and started testing military strength experimental steroids on them.

And also gave them some more compelling characters as "big guys who are big."

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Authors of Pain are Super Mutants and Ellering is The Master. They just need a little more time in the vats.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wish they'd had a nakamura or joe promo this week but looking forward to the upcoming set of tapings! I'll try to remain spoiler free but I am super curious what matchups are coming up next, beyond Aries/Itami

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If The Revival are getting called up, they've gotta drop the belts to Gargano and Ciampa at the tapings, I assume?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Amazing Red deleted his social media which has started the usual signing rumours

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Authors of Pain have some D&D rear end names

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I like the simple names they gave to the Authors of Pain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

Authors of Pain have some D&D rear end names

They're supposed to be the Road Warriors, so that's fine. Hell of a lot better than 'Konnor' and 'Viktor'

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

GenericMartini posted:

I like the simple names they gave to the Authors of Pain.

I was hoping they'd get names that were pain-related puns of famous authors, but I was having a hard time coming up with good ones so I don't blame creative for taking the easy way out.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
If Authors of Pain flops, they can always repackage as Two Crude Dudes with a new finish dubbed the Crude Buster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was hoping they'd get names that were pain-related puns of famous authors, but I was having a hard time coming up with good ones so I don't blame creative for taking the easy way out.

Rudyard Krippling and Thomas Painchon

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
So the Authors of Pain are called Tokka and Razar?

How soon until Kevin Nash comes back to be their third teammate?

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I mean it's a pun on Occam's Razor so that's pretty cool.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

GenericMartini posted:

I mean it's a pun on Occam's Razor so that's pretty cool.

Jesus that is pretty cool if that's true.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
if they get a finish called "Simple Solution" they'll be my favorite big dude tag team.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Bayley posted a goodbye: http://www.f4wonline.com/news/bayley-posts-farewell-letter-nxt-219361?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

Dear NXT,

Today I went into the Performance Center and had to clean out my locker. After almost 4 years with NXT, it's time for me to step away and the new crop of women to step up. I am so confident in the division and know we will see it be taken to newer heights.

I've seen FCW shows grow from 12 people in the crowd to NXT payperviews with 15,000 in Brooklyn. NXT is my life, it's everything I am, everything I've ever wanted in wrestling. The roster, the coaches, our bosses, our fans. All of it is everything I've ever wanted. I couldn't have dreamt up a better journey, and I couldn't have asked for better support and love that all of you have embraced me with.

I love this industry with all of my heart but I mean this when I say it, I would not be able to do the things I've done without you guys. You fans match our passion. With everything we give you in the ring, you give us right back as fans. And that's what makes NXT special, and that's what I'll miss most.

I'll miss my NXT family backstage, I'll miss those once in a lifetime moments like doing Finn Balors entrance or teaming with Shinsuke Nakamura or standing in the ring for 10 minutes as you guys sing a song, and I'll miss the proud feeling of being a part of it all.

But I know it will continue. And I will never stop chasing that feeling. I am beyond excited to bring everything you all taught me, to WWE. Thank you for the memories, and as always, WE are NXT.

:unsmith:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That's a sweet message, and only becomes sad when I picture her finish typing it and in the corner of the room, Vince power walks out of the shadows and drags her away by her ponytail

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Post Bayley NXT

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gaz-L posted:

Rudyard Krippling and Thomas Painchon

That's what I'm talking about. The best I could do was Mark Pain and J.K. Brawling.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I wasn't expecting to like AoP as much as I do. TM-61 looked good too, now they just need to do something about those tights and music and team name

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Although Blake and Murphy look absolutely nothing alike I don't know if I'll ever be able to tell them apart from one another

blake is the one with blake on his pants

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Good main event tonight. Authors of Pain are better than I expected because they actually are imposing and can move in the ring. Best TM61 has looked so far as well imo. That tope from Shane Thorn was absolutely insane.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So Tye's finisher is just an ushigoroshi?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Delsaber posted:

Revival might be the best team on this planet, but maybe there's undiscovered tag teams on Proxima B.

There's a team there that has been champion for 3 years straight!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

There's a team there that has been champion for 3 years straight!
That's not all that impressive. :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

frankenfreak posted:

That's not all that impressive. :colbert:

Well sure when you compare it to Proximolition B's 43.5 years as Champions NOTHING looks that impressive....

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Revival moving up to SmackDown means a title change on the tapings, yeah?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bobby Roode should have a submission finisher called the Glory Hold

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

rovert posted:

Post Bayley NXT

I know 2 people in that image by name so I'm assuming that the rest of them are all Billie Kay because I sort of recall someone called that jobbing to Asuka at one point.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

spudsbuckley posted:

I know 2 people in that image by name so I'm assuming that the rest of them are all Billie Kay because I sort of recall someone called that jobbing to Asuka at one point.

Billie Kay actually owns now, get your poo poo together Spuds Buckley

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

Billie Kay actually owns now, get your poo poo together Spuds Buckley

She gonna trip on her cape soon and it'll be the lady version of Shockmaster. Or maybe that one time HBK got his stripper gear stuck in the ramp.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

spudsbuckley posted:

WHICH ONE'S BILLIE? WHICH ONE'S PEYTON?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka/Billie Kay/Ember Moon/Crazy Mary is a good four girls to build the division around. It'd be neat if they signed someone like Hojo, Shirai, or LaRae though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I don't think you're getting LaRae without Joey Ryan, and I'm pretty sure they don't want Joey Ryan.

• Locked thread