Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

so uh who are the bad guys again, the Saudis..? Comments say a lot of those dudes are from East Asia, Somalia, or poor Arab tribes and not actual Saudis

the Yemeni Civil War is one of those where you just wish everyone involved could go off on an island and kill each other so they could quit making so many innocent people's lives miserable, because there really aren't any good guys

the Saudi military is heavily involved directly in the conflict......along with most of the rest of the GCC (bunch of Emirati guys running around, I think the only GCC nation that hasn't sent troops is Oman) plus some other Arab countries like Egypt and Morocco. Also Sudan and Senegal, and some Colombian mercs working for Blackwater being paid for by the UAE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Capn Beeb posted:

Who needs dudes on foot to protect a big rear end tank? That's why it's armored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RYc5yYvh4

okay that guy loving owns

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
that is some no poo poo metal gear solid levels of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18UJGzZhv_M

except that guy snuck up on the idiots with no dismount security. point still stands though.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Phanatic posted:

I don't think they were hosed until the one guy broke his ride going over a bump and then got rear-ended by the other guy.

It looked like it might have been dug out to make that happen. The rear ending was more of a bonus.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bracken from 102 Military Working Dogs Sqn by Defence Images, on Flickr
Zafari, from 102 Military Working Dogs Sqn by Defence Images, on Flickr

that last dogge is cool as hell

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Diamond weiner dogs

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mlmp08 posted:

Kept waiting for the hijacked TIE fighter to swoop in.

more like I see a huge tracked vehicle and some hooded figures salvaging those vehicles

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I'm going to be in Nigeria for work in a few months and I'm going to make it my own personal mission to come back with the weirdest African action movies I can find. If I come across something truly breathtaking, it's going straight the gently caress to this thread.

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFKUMfSXGs

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

no loving way

no loving way they are that dumb, I refuse to believe it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If that's the same stretch of fence they loving deserve it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At least most of them were smart enough to move away.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If that's the same stretch of fence they loving deserve it.

just looked and it's the same dude firing from the same spot

lmao holy poo poo

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Godholio posted:

At least most of them were smart enough to move away.

The SAA is attempting to selectively breed soldiers who are immune to ATGMs.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Any other day I'd say the shooter is an idiot for hanging out in that same spot for so long, but now he looks pretty fuckin' smart by comparison.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Related

quote:

During the Pascal-B nuclear test, a 900-kilogram (2,000 lb) steel plate cap (a piece of armor plate) was blasted off the top of a test shaft at a speed of more than 66 kilometres per second (41 mi/s). Before the test, experimental designer Dr. Brownlee had estimated that the nuclear explosion, combined with the specific design of the shaft, would accelerate the plate to approximately six times escape velocity.[9] The plate was never found, but Dr. Brownlee believes that the plate never left the atmosphere, as it may even have been vaporized by compression heating of the atmosphere due to its high speed. The calculated velocity was sufficiently interesting that the crew trained a high-speed camera on the plate, which unfortunately only appeared in one frame, but this nevertheless gave a very high lower bound for the speed. After the event, Dr. Robert R. Brownlee described the best estimate of the cover's speed from the photographic evidence as "going like a bat out of hell!"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Project Orion loving ruled

We could've literally had a space station around Jupiter by now had we gone forward with it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

Any other day I'd say the shooter is an idiot for hanging out in that same spot for so long, but now he looks pretty fuckin' smart by comparison.

He's like a kilometer away and those missiles are speedy as hell. The guys standing around are lucky if they hear a whooshing noise right before something explodes. For all we know they think they're being hit with RPGs or something nearby and are just unlucky enough to keep getting ambushed right there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

He's like a kilometer away and those missiles are speedy as hell. The guys standing around are lucky if they hear a whooshing noise right before something explodes. For all we know they think they're being hit with RPGs or something nearby and are just unlucky enough to keep getting ambushed right there.

This newest video shows some of the guys becoming aware of it before it hit, though.

Not that they could really get away from it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
loving spawn camping that wall 4 realz

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
fuckin noob tubers

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Project Orion loving ruled

We could've literally had a space station around Jupiter by now had we gone forward with it

I think the radiation belt around Jupiter is too extreme for that poo poo. But man we could totally be chilling next to Saturn right now :smith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

This newest video shows some of the guys becoming aware of it before it hit, though.

Not that they could really get away from it.

Doesn't count if you don't tell everyone else before it hits.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

just looked and it's the same dude firing from the same spot

lmao holy poo poo

Someone in the GiP thread said something like 'that went from incompetent to negligent really fast'.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

monkeytennis posted:

Someone in the GiP thread said something like 'that went from incompetent to negligent really fast'.

This is the GiP thread

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's that kind of situational awareness that leads to taking an tow to the nards.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

monkeytennis posted:

Yo

Complacent to negligent

There's getting too comfortable and then there's just plain stupid

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

It's removed. :(

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

ded posted:

It's removed. :(

ATGM Homie got a 5th strike from the same shooting position as the first three at dismounted Syrian soldiers along the same wall

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BaconAndBullets posted:

ATGM Homie got a 5th strike from the same shooting position as the first three at dismounted Syrian soldiers along the same wall

:wtc:

Learning is for suckers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

quote:

According to Conexion Del Rio, 69 year-old Lucila Robles was killed in her home following by the explosion of a truckload of airbag detonators that crashed in front of the house.

From the report:

According to authorities the woman, who lived alone at her home located on U.S. Highway 277, near the intersection with FM 1666, was alone Monday morning, when the truck came off the road, caught on fire and exploded just in front of the structure.

The truck, hauling a flatbed trailer loaded with airbag cartridges, was traveling from Del Rio to the Takata plant in Eagle Pass, Texas. The driver of the truck, identified as Mario Alberto Rodriguez, 20-years-of-age, was injured along with a passenger. They were able to flee the truck before the blast.

An older couple, traveling in a Toyota SUV, was also injured during the explosion. All four injured victims were transported to a hospital in Eagle Pass, and later airlifted to San Antonio.
The woman was initially reported missing, but the two-day search for her ended when dental pieces found at the scene of the explosion were discovered to be Roberts.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ded posted:

:wtc:

Learning is for suckers.

praise be abu hajaar

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

VikingSkull posted:

praise be abu hajaar

abu hajaar ackbar!

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
I'm really struggling to understand how this happened. Even factoring in the ammonium nitrate airbag inflators are supposed to be considered Class 9, because they've gone through testing (by an independent agency, not the manufacturer) to verify that they aren't supposed to have any of the characteristics of Hazard Class 1 (explosives). Even the defective ones just deflagrated more rapidly than designed, which caused an over-pressure and the whole flinging of shrapnel into people's faces. They didn't detonate.

This poo poo was a loving mass detonation. Unless Takata has started packing their airbags with Tritonal this shouldn't have happened.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

iyaayas01 posted:

I'm really struggling to understand how this happened. Even factoring in the ammonium nitrate airbag inflators are supposed to be considered Class 9, because they've gone through testing (by an independent agency, not the manufacturer) to verify that they aren't supposed to have any of the characteristics of Hazard Class 1 (explosives). Even the defective ones just deflagrated more rapidly than designed, which caused an over-pressure and the whole flinging of shrapnel into people's faces. They didn't detonate.

This poo poo was a loving mass detonation. Unless Takata has started packing their airbags with Tritonal this shouldn't have happened.

Maybe truck fuel + airbag detonators=boom?

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Truck fuel can't melt steel beams airbag detonators.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

iyaayas01 posted:

The article is confusing, but I think what they mean is the truck was just loaded with the explosive cartridges themselves, not entire airbag units.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This footage is so bad I'm surprised you can't hear them saying "pew pew pew"

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/769519905980948480

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I remember reading a manual from Vietnam while I was doing some guard duty and it was incredibly cool. One of the things it covered was how to do ambushes and to just use a shitload of explosives like grenades and claymores as they dont give your position away. Have claymores setup, have arty dialed in and wait. Hit them with explosives and no muzzle flashes to fire back at.

The launch prob wasn't even audible that far away and by the time it hit and they were even aware they were getting deep dicked there wouldn't even be much dust in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

iyaayas01 posted:

Even factoring in the ammonium nitrate airbag inflators are supposed to be considered Class 9, because they've gone through testing (by an independent agency, not the manufacturer) to verify that they aren't supposed to have any of the characteristics of Hazard Class 1 (explosives). Even the defective ones just deflagrated more rapidly than designed, which caused an over-pressure and the whole flinging of shrapnel into people's faces. They didn't detonate.

nerd

Brown Moses posted:

This footage is so bad I'm surprised you can't hear them saying "pew pew pew"

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/769519905980948480

I'm seriously digging the way they squat dance down that road.