Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I like Cody and would like for him to get some valuable experience in the independent scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

WWE should send young boys on excursions, it'd be good for them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think its time for Timmy to go accounting full time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked the closing stretch of that match, and just about all of his non-sami callihan defenses before that

oatgan fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 20, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the end of that show though? yikes

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
ACW delivers, baby

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Was Evolve half as bad as the reviews make it sound.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

duyarvish posted:

Was Evolve half as bad as the reviews make it sound.

The main event was extremely bizarre and easily the worst thing all weekend if we're including the pre and post match stuff. I thought the title match wasn't anywhere near as bad as the people savaging it. Stuff before that was all good except for whatever the hell Peter Kaasa was doing. Cody/Hero and Riddle/End were both great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AddyStarr/status/767246114332475392

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

The main event was extremely bizarre and easily the worst thing all weekend if we're including the pre and post match stuff. I thought the title match wasn't anywhere near as bad as the people savaging it. Stuff before that was all good except for whatever the hell Peter Kaasa was doing. Cody/Hero and Riddle/End were both great.

i think this weekend really exposed how sloppy kaasa is. and evolve needs a better sound tech because they blew out their speakers with even trashy tim's guitar theme that i can't place.

cody's second night gear was miles ahead of how bad it was on friday. ethan page is trash.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Worlds worst keep secret btw

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767423871838478336

:woop:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mil Mesias, that's interesting. Is what he's using for independent bookings now?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

They also announced Cobb-Riddle for that show on the 16th at Friday's show, I think?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who on earth saw their tna program and said "we need this"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Kane vs. Mil Muertes is my dream match and Abyss is basically discount Kane so I'm cool with it

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Presented without comment while I was trying to research a new local indie

http://www.ospw.net/

"Tickets are $10 for general and $12 for front row. Tickets increase $2 Day of show."

Going with the ole reverse psychology I see...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Really glad Senor Benjamin is getting some bookings

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WEE LC RETURNS!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

who on earth saw their tna program and said "we need this"

nobody saw their tna program

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HELLO here are your results from AAW showdown.

preshow: eddie machete & connor braxton d. curt(?) steiman(?) & markus crane. no scarlett with the black and brave boys this month, maybe she was at ROH. I don't think I'd seen curt steiman before but he was a string bean who really wanted the stiffness of his strikes over. it was vaguely awkward. no hoverboard spots and eddie might have even thrown connor's hoverboard which is hosed up. I think braxton got the pin on steiman

team tremendous opened the show and big bill carr is big. trevor and everett came out with tambourines and maracas to maximize the shaking of it off. dance battle to open and then we got a pretty good match. crazy ranas and poo poo by all four guys and trevor dived off the stage into the ring and bill caught him in a sidewalk slam which was pretty sick. also the carolina boys started literally doing a hardyz tribute gimmick and yelling delete at them and ending up winning with a twist of fate and swanton.

video promo by sami. says he made the aaw title a world title and started drawing the big houses to aaw. said he's coming for pentagon and the big belt and his whole family

ricochet v. dezmond xavier. went 17 minutes and was probably the best match of the night. started with competent chain wrestling and went into an extended flips and parries sequence and then only briefly did rico kill kayfabe so we got the majority of the match treated seriously. crowd got behind dezmond as the match went on and the kick-outs started piling up. ricochet pinned him with a second benadryller IIRC and then got on the stick and put him over, saying he's heard people call dez 'ricochet lite' or 'ricochet jr' but from now on they'd be calling him dezmond xavier, so was pretty clearly meant to be his coming out party and establish him as a singles guy

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767203073651539969

killer cult (ohio is 4 killers+jessicka havok) d. the besties in the world (fitchett/vega) and heidi lovelace. this started pretty slow with OI4K getting the heat on fitchett for a long time. dave crist called him or Vega a human being so that got legit heat; the bourbon street crowd is more alt-hip than the berwyn crowd i think. when heidi finally got in and went on like a 10-superkick spree it started heating up and then everyone started chaining dives and the crowd got really into it. ended up being a good match

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767048332443258881

homicide video promo about coming to back up his boy eddie again and they were gonna put down the killer cult but first they were gonna beat up the sister-kissing hooligans etc.

chris hero vs. shigehiro irie. the crowd was very receptive to irie and hype for this one so that was good. it built as you might expect with trading a bunch of heavy strikes and elbows and eventually trading no-sold suplexes etc. irie started getting people behind him with a spot where hes going for the superplex and hero keeps pushing him off the turnbuckle but dude just kept getting right up from the big back bump and going right back to the turnbuckle. hero put him down with the first rolling elbow of death, then got on the mic and said this was the first time they'd wrestled each other but it won't be the last. please come back chant for irie etc.

also his twitter is pretty adorable looks like he went to the air and water show

https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/767561730499149824
https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/767562391517274116

intermission~

hooligans vs. kingstone/homicide next. the ring announcer, i dunno what the heck, he kept implying that this match was gonna have brawling out into the crowd when he gave his little show-opening disclaimer and then again when announcing intermission was ending. when that did not in fact happen the crowd soured. homicide had also made a display of getting the hammer for the ring bell and then never used it. outlaw inc won. i think their time got cut and maybe for the next thing:

the hooligans manager buck nasty took the mic and was mad about losing and about the hooligans taking a few L's lately and so he issued an open challenge. buck nasty is a hilarious sleazeball and i highly recommend him. kimber lee came out to accept the challenge; I think this went like 9 minutes which was probably a minute and a half more than the advertised tag so weird choice but obviously kimber won by pop-up powerbomb

video promo by jack evans where he did some slam poetry about beating ar fox????? like a really long sincere slam poem??????????????

4-man for a spot in the bola-killer was next. moose, josh alexander, kongo kong and matt cross, who is very gray. this was considerably more disjointed than the 4-way with moose, cedric, trevor, everett a couple months ago, but the crowd got into it off a tower of doom spot with the big hosses involved. josh alexander pinned cross so that was a lock

ar fox d jack evans. i think this was pretty good. evans attacked him after the match

main event was sami callihan vs john morrison. morrison came out and gave his coolguy sunglasses to a guy on the stage who did a slo-mo jomo impersonation which was pretty funny. sami took and broke the glasses for big heat. oi4k got involved and the ref ejected them; this match ended up brawling into the crowd and maybe involved a table idk i couldnt see that part. jt davidson, the cult's manager, got involved to break up a pin. his arm was in a sling selling pentagon breaking it last month, so morrison hosed his arm up further. ended up pinning sami with starship pain. morrison got on the mic and cut a lame promo about how its all the fans in the back who remind him why he loves wrestling, and the first thing he heard when he won was 'please come back' and he'd love to come back any time. insincere-rear end platitudes, i wouldve preferred they rehab sami here tbh

good show but a little down from the big pentagon win and the cedric/zsj spectacle. all the talent was putting the company over on twitter afterwards so thats cool

the pentagon/ciampa title match is 9/1 in berwyn. first row tickets sold out about 5 minutes after doors opened, fewer than 50 tickets left by the end of the show
Pentagon Jr. vs Tommaso Ciampa
Tommy End vs. Chris Hero
Colt Cabana, Silas Young, Michael Elgin, Sami Callihan, Cedric Alexander, Fenix, Zack Sabre Jr., debut of Drew Galloway

9/18 back at bourbon street
Jeff Cobb vs. Matt Riddle - 'earn your spot match' for a shot at regular aaw bookings I guess
Abyss vs. Mil Muertes w/ Katrina, as has been discussed
also announced: the return of Prince Mustafa Ali

in addition to Gulak, Silas, Kamaitachi and Chuckie T, we now have Josh Alexander and
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767531509209333760

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 22, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WWN's wrestlemania weekend ticket packages are now on sale, individual tickets go up tomorrow at noon

http://morethanmania.com/

I bought two and the VIP seat next to me has already been claimed. Would love to meet more of you next year I had a blast this year.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Super No Vacancy posted:

hooligans vs. kingstone/homicide next. the ring announcer, i dunno what the heck, he kept implying that this match was gonna have brawling out into the crowd when he gave his little show-opening disclaimer and then again when announcing intermission was ending. when that did not in fact happen the crowd soured. homicide had also made a display of getting the hammer for the ring bell and then never used it. outlaw inc won. i think their time got cut and maybe for the next thing:

I had assumed that he was implying that someone would be going into the crowd at some point in the second half, not immediately.

quote:

in addition to Gulak, Silas, Kamaitachi and Chuckie T, we now have Josh Alexander and
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/767531509209333760

Welp. There goes that weekend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Buck Nasty reminds me of Chris Hamrick, which is a total compliment. A manager/wrestler who bumps like a madman and talks well.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/767887548010160129

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
J'phnny Wrestling

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

4-man for a spot in the bola-killer was next. moose, josh alexander, kongo kong and matt cross, who is very gray.

Balding, greying M-Dogg20 is a reminder that time is a cruel and hideous thing.

Any of you cool AAW kids got an extra ticket for Cero Miedo because some idiot dad went and saw a movie with his kids instead of camping the website for one of the leftover tickets :mad:

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 23, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling is back at the Aurora in Providence on Sunday with a pretty stacked looking card with limited tickets remaining.

Matches Announced For Beyond Wrestling #BattleOfWhoCouldCareLess (7pm Bell Time):

*First Time Ever*
Tommy End vs. Donovan Dijak

*Catch Point vs. Team Pazuzu*
Matthew Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson

*First Time Ever*
Chris Hero vs. David Starr

*First Time Ever*
Jonathan Gresham vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams

*First Time Ever*
AR Fox vs. Keith Lee

*Six-Man Tag*
Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) & Brian Fury vs. Da Hoodz (Davey Cash & Kris Pyro) & Anthony Stone

*Women's Wrestling Revolution Showcase 4-Way*
Veda Scott vs. Alexxis vs. Jordynne Grace vs. ???

Matches Announced For Beyond Wrestling #BattleOfNewEngland (6pm Bell Time):

*Opponent To Be Determined*
JT Dunn vs. ???

Drew Gulak vs. ???

Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Pinkie Sanchez, EYFBO) vs. ???, ???, ???, & ???

Scheduled To Compete At Beyond Wrestling #BattleOfWhoCouldCareLess:
Black Baron
Fred Yehi
Peter Kaasa
Prince Apollo

Hero is out though with a knee issue and a replacement hasn't been announced yet.

edit: Eddie Edwards is replacing Hero so it's Starr vs Eddie. Lufisto is the 4 opponent in the WWR showcase match.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 24, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWR match is gonna be swank. Jordynn Grace is a Gresham trainee and is good at throwing people.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have two front row seats to SMASH vs Progress: Night One on Sept 17. I can't go. Do any GTA goons want to buy them off me for face value?

PM me, I've been super busy so I never have time to come around here anymore :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/local-lucha-wrestling-fan-meets-his-luchador-hero/

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Say your prayers, get your poo poo in, believe in yourself"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's very bizarre to read an English language article referring to Brian Cage as a luchador.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's Freelance's card tonight

Prince Mustafa Ali(c) vs. GPA - Freelance Title
Beauty and the Beast(c) vs. The N-Word - TLC match for the Tag Titles
Matt Knicks vs. Chris Castro - Last Man Standing
Robert Anthony/Space Monkey vs. Ethan Page/Kobe Durst
Isaias Velazquez vs. Chase Owens
Mr. 450 vs. Joey Lynch
Scramble Match: Sugar Dunkerton vs. Peter Avalon vs. Alex Ohlson vs. Russian Beast vs. El Chivas Blancas vs. Jake Something
Andras Vidal vs. JJ Garrett

they stream all their shows live also

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Let's go N Word

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Few things in wrestling are as funny as the huge dude dressed as dollar store Shao Kahn being named Robert Anthony.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Why did they think it was a good idea to turn Mustafa Ali's hair grey? That make him look like he aged a lot since his CWC appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Why did they think it was a good idea to turn Mustafa Ali's hair grey? That make him look like he aged a lot since his CWC appearance.

It's a Ryan Lochte gimmick.