Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Played this game for two years give or take and then stopped because of all the gross grind.

How hard is it to grind for prime stuff with the new system? Although I'm dreading having to collect all the stuff I missed from the past month, I need a game to make sure I'm not productive 24/7, and overwatch is getting boring now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Halser posted:

Played this game for two years give or take and then stopped because of all the gross grind.

How hard is it to grind for prime stuff with the new system? Although I'm dreading having to collect all the stuff I missed from the past month, I need a game to make sure I'm not productive 24/7, and overwatch is getting boring now.

When the new system was first introduced it wasn't so bad, cause they directly converted everyone's keys into relics. Even slightly easier to get stuff cause you could increase the drop chance of each relic and choose between 4 things at the end of the mission. NOW though, they "retired" old relics and you have to farm entirely new relics for every piece of new prime gear that you want, so you end up doing the rear end-pain-double-farm that Warframe is so famous for. At the very least you can still share relics though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That really depends on what you want. Rares can take a while and poo poo on neo relics even longer but it's all very doable. When you can run a full group full of the one radiant you want the thing from chances are good you'll get it in three tries or less, usually when I do these it takes two. That still means you're grinding and hoping that exact relic will drop, you're grinding void for poo poo to make relics radiant although that's all ducat fodder so not too terrible and you'll be grinding materials, which to be fair is mostly not too outlandish.

The new system certainly isn't terrible but it kind of shifts the actual be in the void for an hour at a time and stand around with a Mesa and a Limbo doing all the things to where everybody has to farm the exact relics but the actual part of using the relic and getting parts is more convenient since you can easily pug it and complete a mission for a roll inside of five minutes so it's easy to do at your own pace. Once you have the relics.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Halser posted:

stopped because of all the gross grind
Honestly, this game is not for you.

To have a sane game experience, getting things should be a side effect of shooting grineer and corpus, not the reason for doing so.

Although Morglon has a good point. It's much more viable to get things even with shorter missions all over the solar system now, instead of being stuck in 40 minute void defenses.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll stick to replaying some old games then, doesn't sound like things have changed in any meaningful way.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Hey at least Nekros Prime crafting requirements aren't so bad. Only 5 Nitain and a bunch of stuff you can get from extractors and probably have a ton of already.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The Jordas Verdict Raid loving sucks and the stupid-rear end 6DOF camera makes it suck even harder and that one goon who actually likes the new camera is a jerk.

There. I feel better.
does amesha's 1 block the shield damage from bonking into walls

i could never be inside crew

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Halser posted:

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll stick to replaying some old games then, doesn't sound like things have changed in any meaningful way.

I'm new so I really enjoy the movement and such, reminds me of quake 3 and team fortress classic. I don't really care about being an indestructible sparkle pony yet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Azran posted:

steamcommunity.com/id/Azran/

Add me on Steam then!

Friend invite sent. But will this work on PS4?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm new so I really enjoy the movement and such, reminds me of quake 3 and team fortress classic. I don't really care about being an indestructible sparkle pony yet.

Outside of jokes I'm not a person that would say "NEVER PLAY THIS GAME EVER". The beginning is legit fun. It's just that progress is dead slow once you start looking for specific stuff.

Also the Trinity nerf left a really sore taste in my mouth. I'll miss you, lobster lady.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Halser posted:

Outside of jokes I'm not a person that would say "NEVER PLAY THIS GAME EVER". The beginning is legit fun. It's just that progress is dead slow once you start looking for specific stuff.

Also the Trinity nerf left a really sore taste in my mouth. I'll miss you, lobster lady.

The gameplay's super fun
It's all the stuff that isn't gameplay that sucks

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Moatman posted:

The gameplay's super fun
It's all the stuff that isn't gameplay that sucks

I'd say the gameplay isn't so much fun when you're standing in one spot for literally 5 hours and enemies are level 9957 and the host starts lagging and threatening to DC, but aside from that I'd agree.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Halser posted:

I'd say the gameplay isn't so much fun when you're standing in one spot for literally 5 hours and enemies are level 9957 and the host starts lagging and threatening to DC, but aside from that I'd agree.

I've got well over 1000 hours in this stupid game and I can't imagine a single reason to do any part of that.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

aegof posted:

I've got well over 1000 hours in this stupid game and I can't imagine a single reason to do any part of that.

Winning events, which is barely a reason, I admit. It's one thing I definitely don't miss.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I avoid defenses and survivals anymore and I'm rarely hurting for cool stuff. I'll probably have to do some ODD or whatever for the new relics, but I can work on some new frames and bullshit with some friends because ODD is chill as hell if you know what you're doing. Just gently caress around for 20 minutes, get some loot and a stack of affinity, get out. Doing the crazy-long survivals or high-wave defenses is fun occasionally, but I feel like sorties are good enough for feeling like a hardass.

Oh god, yeah, the old events. I almost forgot about those. I still wear my that one glowy sigil on some frames.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm building a Rhino and I just kept a bunch of people alive as Oberon in a nightmare alert with no shields. Got my first Shred out of it though!

I mean, Frost may have helped a bit but it was nice to have a team contribution that wasn't just a ton of kick punching and pulls as Mag.

Actually, would I be able to restore shields in a Nightmare alert as Mag or are they just completely disabled?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've found peak Bad Opinions:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/691501-so-when-are-nullifiers-going-to-be-removed/?do=findComment&comment=7716569
Check out all his replies in there.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

This week in dumb gimmicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKfU8hn8qQc

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Colour Pack Alpha is on sale today, so if you want to begin your descent into the true endgame of Fashion Frame, now's your chance. :sparkles:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Relieved that's not my college blog

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Oh you've learned of Mak_Gohae?

Yeah, he's... a character. Like, I don't know how he hasn't outed himself as a troll yet because you have to be incredibly special to consistently hold the opinions he does unironically.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

If someone was interested in tagging along for goon Sorties, and wanted to be useful, or at least not a drag on the team, what should they have ready to bring along in terms of gear, weapons, frames, etc.? I'm mastery rank 14 but I sort of skipped everything between Cryotic Front and Starchart 3.0, so I have plenty of resources, just not a lot of the new stuff. Also I haven't been doing many of the quests, I'm only done with Archwing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Anyone know an okay low level spot for neurodes? I've used all mine up on war frames and weapons and need to finish my first archwing

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, I just broke 1700 combo in a Nightmare Survival. Bullet Dance is pretty busted on the Redeemer and it's amazing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Anyone know an okay low level spot for neurodes? I've used all mine up on war frames and weapons and need to finish my first archwing

Earth is the place for Neurodes, you probably want to do the excavation for enemy density. Getting neurodes will, however, remain a perpetual pain in the rear end.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tulip posted:

Earth is the place for Neurodes, you probably want to do the excavation for enemy density. Getting neurodes will, however, remain a perpetual pain in the rear end.

I would probably hack the game for neurodes, Plastids, and neural systems or w/e they're called. I can also get into the two top branches of the void, but I tend to just get argon crystals and control modules out of that.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

If someone was interested in tagging along for goon Sorties, and wanted to be useful, or at least not a drag on the team, what should they have ready to bring along in terms of gear, weapons, frames, etc.? I'm mastery rank 14 but I sort of skipped everything between Cryotic Front and Starchart 3.0, so I have plenty of resources, just not a lot of the new stuff. Also I haven't been doing many of the quests, I'm only done with Archwing.

If you can max efficiency, Nyx and Frost can help keep your team safeish long enough to kill things regardless of your own lovely weapons. Their 3s are cheap enough that you can toss them out regularly even in an energy penalty mission.
Bring the biggest Energy restore you've got, and maybe a couple spectres/clems to draw a little fire.

If you don't have Fleeting Expertise yet, make getting a copy or two a very high priority.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Halser posted:

They're actively changing the game to make "hit 4 and go bake a pizza" less viable or downright the worse option, so unless you give it a try, please don't hold your year old memories of the game up as if they still apply.

Draco is dead.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Tulip posted:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I would probably hack the game for neurodes, Plastids, and neural systems or w/e they're called. I can also get into the two top branches of the void, but I tend to just get argon crystals and control modules out of that.
Neurodes are only a pain in the rear end at lower levels. Earth defense is really your only good option. There's a fairly high level planet you get access to after the Second Dream quest (beware spoilers) which has a defense that quite reliably spits out 2-4 neurodes in a 15 minute run, which you can double with a boost if you really need some neurodes *right now*, but i recommend toughing it out til then.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

aegof posted:

If you can max efficiency, Nyx and Frost can help keep your team safeish long enough to kill things regardless of your own lovely weapons. Their 3s are cheap enough that you can toss them out regularly even in an energy penalty mission.
Bring the biggest Energy restore you've got, and maybe a couple spectres/clems to draw a little fire.

If you don't have Fleeting Expertise yet, make getting a copy or two a very high priority.

I do have Fleeting Expertise- the only corrupted frame mod I'm missing is Transient Fortitude- and use it for several frames, including a Mag Prime build that spams Shield Polarize near-constantly. I've got a Soma Prime with a forma or two and a rank 8-9 Serration in it. I don't really have any Primed mods, but I've got a few up to rank 7-9.
Am I probably reasonably equipped to be useful on Sorties already and just didn't realize it?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ElegantFugue posted:

Corrosive Projection is nice to have. Aside from that, just bring whatever as long as it can kill poo poo. Hek (Vaykor or regular) and Tonkor are almost always solid choices. As for frames, that's a bit more dependent on mission/enemy type, but Nova and Rhino are rarely bad choices.

Once you have more experience with the sorties and more of the newer gear you can probably figure out what else will work for you on your own.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
In regards to the rare resource farming (Neurodes, Orokin Cells, Argon Crystals... Control Mod- I'm just kidding with the last one)
Smeeta kavats are hella good. They have two farming buffs, one that just straight up gives you 3-6 instances of whatever rare resource
there is on the planet. The other doubles pickups and affinity gain.

So I guess my tip is to buy a ton of scanners and get ready to camp Derelicts?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still not entirely sure smeeta kavats exist

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
Mine was the first decent looking space cat I got.
The two I had before looked like they've ran into a wall. Several times.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Friend invite sent. But will this work on PS4?

Oh, you are in PS4. Nope, PC only :(

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mithaldu posted:

Neurodes are only a pain in the rear end at lower levels. Earth defense is really your only good option. There's a fairly high level planet you get access to after the Second Dream quest (beware spoilers) which has a defense that quite reliably spits out 2-4 neurodes in a 15 minute run, which you can double with a boost if you really need some neurodes *right now*, but i recommend toughing it out til then.

I still found them to be kind of the biggest pain in the rear end other than tellurium, but I'm sitting on 120 of them thanks to the last double weekend.

Of course, smeetas have made farming for anything other than tellurium a lot easier.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Xarbala posted:

I'm still not entirely sure smeeta kavats exist

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In wholly unrelated news:

My Smeeta kavat has loving *enormous* ears.
They exist and mine is goddamn adorable :3:

Relin posted:

does amesha's 1 block the shield damage from bonking into walls

i could never be inside crew

I'm not sure if this got answered, but I don't know! I know Amesha's 1 blocks all the damage from Jordas' big gently caress-off laser if you're Outside Crew :v: I'm never finding out, either, because I'm never doing the Jordas Verdict raid ever again.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 25, 2016

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I'm glad they realized raids suck.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yes, it does block the damage.

Denzine posted:

I'm glad they realized raids suck.

I'm actually kinda sad cause JV showed genuine improvements over LoR. It actually used new mechanics instead of aping old school RAID CONTENT poo poo. Sure not all of it worked (catastrophically so for part 3), but I appreciate the ambition. I'm genuinely interested in seeing another RAID CONTENT mission. There still needs to be a Corpus one and an Orokin one where we go into VR to fight the Neural Sentry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man it's weird to see things be completely immune to my Ignis. I just got raided by a squad of Arbiters and I actually had to use my Galatine.

Back in my day, Blast Damage was enough for anything. :(

Is there anything that's worth a ton of platinum and easy to fence that I might have from Ye Olden Days?