Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pvt.Scott posted:

Or why not Charles and Spurgeon for the middle name? Spurgeon was good at oralorating, but surnames don't usually make good personal names unless they're already one that is used as both, like Dick or James. I guess it's a memorable name. Good job on your snowflake!

the new cool thing is to give your kid a first name that is actually a surname, this way they could appear to be 'normal' and 'not stuck in the 1870s' but still had the weird jesusy name to trot out on sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I named my boy his grandmothers maiden last name but I'm fairly sure it was a first name at some point.

Also it's only two syllables and five letters long so it's not all weird sounding.

:doom:

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

Or why not Charles and Spurgeon for the middle name? Spurgeon was good at oralorating, but surnames don't usually make good personal names unless they're already one that is used as both, like Dick or James. I guess it's a memorable name. Good job on your snowflake!

It's a shame Martin Luther is out of circulation. That was A-game religious kidnaming

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
One black dude ruined a name for generations of white conservatives, perfect

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
To be fair, the original Martin Luther was a dick and his letter of protest against the Catholic Church sparked off violent uprisings, rebellions and violent communist doomsday cults. How could you not see that coming Martin? "Everybody has the right to read and interpret the bible for themselves," was never going to go well once you started printing that poo poo, you ignorant twat. It's like the Catholic Church knew what it was doing.

E: Burn, Anabaptist scum

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 25, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

To be fair, the original Martin Luther was a dick and his letter of protest against the Catholic Church sparked off violent uprisings, rebellions and violent communist doomsday cults. How could you not see that coming Martin? "Everybody has the right to read and interpret the bible for themselves," was never going to go well once you started printing that poo poo, you ignorant twat. It's like the Catholic Church knew what it was doing.

Sincere advocate for information control here

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sincere advocate for information control here

Hindsight is amazing. The world was better off for the Reformation in the long run.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
imagine that

giving a book with cryptic words to a dumb inbred hick

will make that dumb hick duggar his daughters while god smiles upon it

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If one was going to say, get in to Jim Bobbin', is there like a seminar that you have to go to, where maybe they Teach You How to Duggar ?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

If one was going to say, get in to Jim Bobbin', is there like a seminar that you have to go to, where maybe they Teach You How to Duggar ?

You have to get hard, like Gothard, on the mean streets of rural Arkansas and then skim a few passages of the bible. Molest a few women and then Jim Bob's your uncle.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That ol' red robin goes Jim, Jim Bobbin' along.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pvt.Scott posted:

You have to get hard, like Gothard, on the mean streets of rural Arkansas and then skim a few passages of the bible. Molest a few women and then Jim Bob's your uncle.

careful if Josh Bob's ur uncle

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ElGroucho posted:

This was a joke, but it got me thinking: Are there many converts to Duggar-ism? Lets say one of us heathens has seen the light and decided that blanket training/kiddie diddling/woman shaming is the way to go, how does one convert?

On a similar track, how successful were they in their missionary work in leading those evil Catholics to Jesus?

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top City Homo posted:

imagine that

giving a book with cryptic words to a dumb inbred hick

will make that dumb hick duggar his daughters while god smiles upon it

p fukin terrorism

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This was a joke, but it got me thinking: Are there many converts to Duggar-ism? Lets say one of us heathens has seen the light and decided that blanket training/kiddie diddling/woman shaming is the way to go, how does one convert?

Buy several thousand dollars worth of Get Hard Guide To Homeschooling materials, then Duggar away to your fingers' content

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Dude on the left looks like a hobo now. The kid with the red pants has to be gay. The girl in the middle with the light blue shirt has eyes that say, "Get me out of here, please".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Shroud posted:

Dude on the left looks like a hobo now. The kid with the red pants has to be gay. The girl in the middle with the light blue shirt has eyes that say, "Get me out of here, please".

Nah it's the guy at the back who is trying to "butch" himself up with the cammo baseball cap who is the confirmed alleged Dug-Gay.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm feeling some tropic thunder vibe from the far left.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Jim my neg Bob

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Jim? In my Bob? It's more like than you think!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I haven't seen so many forced smiles since Top of the Pops

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm feeling some tropic thunder vibe from the far left.

I'm the Bob playing the Bob disguised as another Bob.

We definitely need nametags for that photo, just like those other pictures. Or keep adding to it Suicide-Squad-style.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Jim

Davis

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

mdm posted:

Jim

Davis

Kim

Bob

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Jim Fresh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jim jam in her Bob bog

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ed Balls

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nike Diddle Duggar is a good kid name

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Jimjob eat the eggs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

we've come full circle

as it was foretold

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Justice for Dug-Gay!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Jim Balls

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Jam Bib

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
jared bob

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jim'll Bob it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
jernbd berhstb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Jib Bob da rim job.

Has anyone made a joke about Michelle Duggar combining throwing a hot Jim Bob down a hallway and Zika virus? It should be done.

• Locked thread