Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

e: though i think there might be something to the hair thing the jury is out on that one

Everything I said was legit.

Touching hair is ambiguous because she might be self-conscious or nervous. It's not a certain signal, simply a hopeful one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
when they pick their nails that means they r into being throat hosed

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i could got for a snapple right now 2 :D

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
what flavor :catbert:

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
not-prison flavoured snapple is the best

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
i dont mind prison flavored s apple myself

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sid Vicious posted:

i dont mind prison flavored s apple myself

depends what u go in for

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

You can tell a woman is into you if, when in the company of other women, she acts like the one angry puffed up seagull that makes all the others keep their distance from your chips. The chips are the D in this analogy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

epileptic_ev posted:

depends what u go in for

assault with intent :/

wait you said prison.. no.

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
if she invites u over for sex after a week of foreplay and cybering and phone sex and planning

and then u gently caress and its great

but u dont cum

so in the morning u go down on her and then premature ejaculate on her in a mounting motion

u r a rapist now SON OF A WHORE

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SneakyFrog posted:

assault with intent :/

wait you said prison.. no.

some of these sentences r so hosed

its too bad pat horan is an irl bitch and the warden is a scum or id have bailed josh out myself

u ppl r so dumb we could have done this so much easier

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Moon Atari posted:

You can tell a woman is into you if, when in the company of other women, she acts like the one angry puffed up seagull that makes all the others keep their distance from your chips. The chips are the D in this analogy.

This always happens when youre already in a relationship and just trying to be friendly and get to know a new group of people. When youre single every girl just sprays you face with mace at all times.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CrazyLoon posted:

poo poo, for certain wild animal groups (apes/monkeys for chrissakes, how close can one get to humanity?) the alpha males are more often than not the first ones to die in fights or to hazards/predators, while the beta males just chill, live longer and ultimately gently caress more and sire more kids. You'd think said pseudo-intellectuals would at least bother to pay attention to nature vids, rather than just spout terms from it.

I'm pretty sure the "alpha" of most animal species would be just be called a straight-up violent rapist in people terms. Just because the behavior is found in nature within animal groups doesn't mean it's desirable or the best thing for the species, the best thing for a species is cohabitation and mutual cooperation.

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

King Vidiot posted:

I'm pretty sure the "alpha" of most animal species would be just be called a straight-up violent rapist in people terms. Just because the behavior is found in nature within animal groups doesn't mean it's desirable or the best thing for the species, the best thing for a species is cohabitation and mutual cooperation.

u can just be funny and confident that works wonders but so does doing it situationally

or anything really

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Or the alpha is a girl like with horses

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I am actually glad Dare is back he is a nice counter balance to all the garbage d&d posts I've seen in my beloved gbs lately :911:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

King Vidiot posted:

I'm just glad humans aren't like sea lions

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Captain Yossarian posted:

I am actually glad Dare is back he is a nice counter balance to all the garbage d&d posts I've seen in my beloved gbs lately :911:

His mental illness is perfectly fitted for the forums.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Who the gently caress is Dare is he the guy who just posts crazy word salad and has been popping up in GBS threads talking to nobody and saying nothing?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

King Vidiot posted:

Who the gently caress is Dare is he the guy who just posts crazy word salad and has been popping up in GBS threads talking to nobody and saying nothing?

Lurk more.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
there's a lot of people in this thread I wouldn't plow. I respect their posting too much.

(th-that's a compliment by th-the way, I'm just a nice goon)

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

King Vidiot posted:

Some of the best hookups in the past I had a help from a friend or while I was out with a group of friends. Pays to have friends.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

A unique predicament.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Redmanred posted:

Some of the best hookups in the past I had a help from a friend or while I was out with a group of friends. Pays to have friends.

This. I'm not a Casanova by any stretch, but having friends helps in social situations where the ladies are involved.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 26, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

SneakyFrog posted:

This is not a nice guy story.

No awkward, horrible or stupid deed is commemorated here.

Nothing embarrassing about you is here.

This place is a message and part of a system of messages.

Pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This post, on the other hand, is definitely a post of honor.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

I can't think of a single case where a person called by others as 'alpha' wasn't just a loving rear end in a top hat and where a person called as 'beta' wasn't actually just a decent enough person, if only they weren't so obsessed with not being called 'beta'.

poo poo, for certain wild animal groups (apes/monkeys for chrissakes, how close can one get to humanity?) the alpha males are more often than not the first ones to die in fights or to hazards/predators, while the beta males just chill, live longer and ultimately gently caress more and sire more kids. You'd think said pseudo-intellectuals would at least bother to pay attention to nature vids, rather than just spout terms from it.

King Vidiot posted:

It depends on what you mean by the "best thing for the species", the "alpha" thing with animals tends not to be just about top dog loving what it wants when it wants, but is also about controlling who gets to breed more generally(non-alphas loving can be killed, or the offspring killed), the benefit to the species usually being that the genestock generally comes from the big guy who was big enough to displace the last big-guy and who is also strong enough and has enough of a drive to fight to defend the group from predators/competitors.

There's a dynamic there that is a mix between benefit to the species in terms of general species wide traits and then the preservation of an individual's genes

That stuff applies to animals that don't run in groups as well, like bears, where male bears will kill cubs that aren't theirs which is obviously lovely for bears as a group but great for the individual bear who just took out competition for his own (prospective)cubs or bears who would grow up and do the same poo poo to his own cubs.

The alpha/beta stuff is great for generalising behaviours for animals and is occasionally useful as an analogue for human behaviours(like the caricature of the jock who stuffs a kid in the lockers and then strolls off with a fawning cheerleader on each arm), but these folks who think they've cracked a universal rule of human behaviour because they stumbled upon the secret of being Alpha are tragically pathetically pitifully deluded narcissists.

Did any of you watch the Elliot Rodger video(s?).
In his videos the guy was completely up his own rear end, he seemed so pretentious and detached and deluded but most importantly bitter, but I think he was also :spergin:
There obviously wasn't anything he could have done about being a bigtime autismo but I find it hard to believe that the rest of personality troubles weren't fueled by some kind of encouragement.

I'm pretty sure Chris~Chan would have turned out the same way if he had stumbled onto PUA sites instead of sonic-fanfiction forums.

Maybe all we need to do to have the PUA/Redpill communities dissolve/collapse is to get them all "Make your own Sonichu medallion"-kits.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thursday Next posted:

This post, on the other hand, is definitely a post of honor.

:3: awww

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
one time i manipulated this kid andrew to bend over in front of a fence and just punted him into the fence

it probably concussed him

he had been bullying me for years and picking fights and finally i just executed him

i often think of that time and wonder if im a psychopath from it

but @ the same time who wants to put up with a bully

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

one time i manipulated this kid andrew to bend over in front of a fence and just punted him into the fence

it probably concussed him

he had been bullying me for year and picking fights and finally i just executed him

i often think of that time and wonder if im a psychopath from it

but @ the same time who wants to put up with a bully

jeez dare back already huh? well hi for the pre morning mod lull anyways

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Whenever I think of Elliott Rodgers I think of the african american pickup artist (aapua) that did a video using Elliott's videos as an example of doing everything wrong, months before anyone knew who Elliott Rodgers was. His main point was something like: this guy clearly watches a lot of anime, you can tell by the way he speaks. Anime isn't good for you, you can't go around talking like that". And it's amazing how right he was. I never made the connection between that style of speaking and anime before, but that is totally how it sounds, specifically by trying to emulate the delivery of badass smart guy type characters.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moon Atari posted:

Whenever I think of Elliott Rodgers I think of the african american pickup artist (aapua) that did a video using Elliott's videos as an example of doing everything wrong, months before anyone knew who Elliott Rodgers was. His main point was something like: this guy clearly watches a lot of anime, you can tell by the way he speaks. Anime isn't good for you, you can't go around talking like that". And it's amazing how right he was. I never made the connection between that style of speaking and anime before, but that is totally how it sounds, specifically by trying to emulate the delivery of badass smart guy type characters.

wait. are you saying anime makes you into a nice guy?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I mean the connection between anime and virginity was obvious, but I didn't realise that there were such obvious vocal tells until a poo poo talking aapua pointed it out to me.

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Moon Atari posted:

ur the one that bought hook line and sinker on The Game LOL

did u enjoy listening to me loving laura while u slept in that room alone???? sorry ur gfs are all fuckin losers and ur attitude about lyfe sucks

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
mon dieu

:psyduck:

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Moon Atari posted:

I mean the connection between anime and virginity was obvious, but I didn't realise that there were such obvious vocal tells until a poo poo talking aapua pointed it out to me.

still raging about the native pussy stank on the subway that was my scent for the 2001 or 02 spring season

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress off already you dumb spastic

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
lol u mad u pos ebay???

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

still raging about the native pussy stank on the subway that was my scent for the 2001 or 02 spring season

This post would not look out of place in FYAD just fyi. You might want to make the move

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Moon Atari posted:

Now I want to find that video to see how anime bad guys and murder nerds talk.

Is it 'three or four words at a time with big pauses between them'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gorilla Salad posted:

Now I want to find that video to see how anime bad guys and murder nerds talk.

Is it 'three or four words at a time with big pauses between them'?

subtitles

• Locked thread