Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Thanks! On the one hand, I'm glad that I hit an old milestone and a new hotness in the same day.

On the other hand, I still need to level and/or gear up Lily, Lilid, Unknown, Raboff, Lena and Reina in that order. And I still need to actually unlock Lee.

Adding two more characters to that list when I have already stretched everything thin is a mixed blessing. But I'm making it work, the new gold zone has been helping a lot already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's come to my attention that not everybody has lee yet, but as it turns out, it's fine to do today's strat with just a merc. It will almost certainly still be more effective than the old stun strat. Leave Lilid and Lily unchanged. Put the merc lee on the southwest island. If you have belle, especially a counter belle, substitute her in for bearman's slot on the island with lilid, in position 1. If you lack Belle and Bearman, you can use Raizel or Raskreia, if you lack them, post who you do have and we'll talk.

On the far island, where Sione would go, you can put almost anybody, but as long as you maintain at least 3 scissors on the team, you can skew that one to a paper in order to build more gauge.

In place of where your lee would go, you can roll with any fragile scissors asskicker you want, like fruel or maybe jin, as long as they don't survive longer than whoever's on the island with lilid. Lily and Lilid should both be completely unequipped, you essentially want them to die horribly ASAP to get facings correct and not move the boss any more.

Can you describe this build?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

Can you describe this build?

So supposing for a moment that you go with Fruel in place of your own Lee, and have Belle (a counter belle is ideal and will add a bunch of damage) but not Sione, your order could go: Belle, Fruel, Celestial/Klein/Other Paper, Lilid, Lily, Merc Lee.

Belle goes on the upper right island, she'll take the tile and you use fire support as she does. Fruel goes up/right of Lily, where the second Lee would go normally. He'll nuke the boss. Your paper would go on the lower right island, to take that tile and kill adds.

Lilid goes on the island with belle, to pull the boss towards him, into position for Lily to go next and knock it onto the left minion spawn point.

Merc Lee goes on the bottom island, exactly 5 squares from where the boss ends up.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So Celestial apparently owns on the BoH ice map. I still don't have mine yet. :suicide:

If you can't guess why, it's because her 3rd will hit everyone on this map because the AI is too dumb to split apart. If you go full cannon with Daso/BR, you can probably wipe or weaken everyone before they even get close.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!
Note that if you have her SS set, BR is kind of redundant.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Is it worth 400 diamonds to convert a duplicate piece of White Knight's Oath? I have two armors for it, and no other pieces... not sure if it's worth it, since all it would do for me is make someone attract AI more. Not even sure who I'd put it on. I do have ~650 diamonds right now.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hahaha.

Got 15 diamonds from a S guild raid capsule. :negative:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Note that if you have her SS set, BR is kind of redundant.

BR gives double the attack of Celestial's set. You want poo poo to die as soon as possible in PvP. :colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I have a few + MP sets. What hero do you recommend these go on?

1* Witch's Tools (Area); 2 pieces + 8mp/turn -- I have two of these (4 pieces total)
3* Vulcan Essence (Area) ; 2 pieces +28 Max MP
4* Star Song (Support); 2 pieces +9mp/turn -- on Belle
5* I'm a Team Player (Support); 3 pieces decreases mp skill cost by 50% for 3 turns -- on Belle

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I have a few + MP sets. What hero do you recommend these go on?

1* Witch's Tools (Area); 2 pieces + 8mp/turn -- I have two of these (4 pieces total)
3* Vulcan Essence (Area) ; 2 pieces +28 Max MP

These go on any area you aren't using better sets on, or that you're not using for PVP. Raskreia, Alfred, Klein, Jenny

4* Star Song (Support); 2 pieces +9mp/turn -- on Belle
5* I'm a Team Player (Support); 3 pieces decreases mp skill cost by 50% for 3 turns -- on Belle

These are fine on Belle, especially if you're not using her for PVP, but I'd prefer team player on an attacking support like Shu Shu or Gillan. On the up side, Star Song should trigger when Shu Shu uses her second with an ally and an enemy in the area.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
I'm just going to keep doing incredibly stupid things every day this week. I bought the celestial package and clicked the 1000 genes before clicking the hero, so now I have a celestial with 30 genes...let's see what I can accomplish tommorrow.

Mardragon fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 23, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
That's how it's supposed to be, I think? You're meant to only have 20 genes after buying her package.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
im starting to hate having to pvp people with 30k plus higher ratings to try and unlock characters. why cant they be closer matches..

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Secx posted:

That's how it's supposed to be, I think? You're meant to only have 20 genes after buying her package.

You are correct, which makes me even more of an idiot.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Time-Police posted:

im starting to hate having to pvp people with 30k plus higher ratings to try and unlock characters. why cant they be closer matches..

The 100k range was the worst for me. Everyone at that power range is all over the place because some people got there with bad sets and some people got there with really, really good sets.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Time-Police posted:

Lose some matches to lose some ranking points, especially early in the week.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

NinjaDebugger posted:

Lose some matches to lose some ranking points, especially early in the week.

I tried that and it seems like some people with 60k+ more rating than me did the same thing, heh.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Blue genes coming up. Highly suggest getting Alex because if you have your own Nox, you can do Wednesday raid with merc Lee + Alex and it will last all 50 rounds.

kontona
May 3, 2003

Somefool posted:

Blue genes coming up. Highly suggest getting Alex because if you have your own Nox, you can do Wednesday raid with merc Lee + Alex and it will last all 50 rounds.

how do i set this up?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

kontona posted:

how do i set this up?

Somefool posted:

Here's the Lee strat for Wednesday's raid:

Merc Lee goes in the bottom corner. Set guild skill to Shelling once the boss is on the paper tile island.

Lily and Lilid should not have any weapons equipped. I'm not sure how the mechanics work but I do know that when the boss dies, he blows back all heroes near him. Don't want to risk the boss popping before he is isolated on the paper tile.

Nox is necessary because he gives all heroes lava terrain bonus. If you don't have Nox, your Lees will slowly die and also miss out on terrain bonus for gauge building. A way around this is to get 2 pieces of Dragon Slayer. It's a 4* S rank set, so it's not that hard. Can't guarantee other merc Lees having it though.

Alex is needed to build skill gauge faster. If you don't have Alex, you could try Mas because his 1st skill is 5 range. Although I haven't tried Mas myself, just make sure Nox and Lilid dies in 1 hit from the boss otherwise Mas will walk over to heal and screw up his positioning.

Alex only needs to be high enough level to use his 2nd skill. Gear him up for damage if you want more points.

Merc Lee can go to either Lee spots. If you don't have your own Lee, do not place whatever replacement hero in a way that will cause the boss to face Alex or Lee. Alex and Lee needs directional bonus.

kontona
May 3, 2003

thanks!

(your knowledge of korean f2p games never ceases to amaze me...)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I do not have Nox, Belle, Alex, Zero, or Lee. Can I still do your marvelous strategems? I may have an unskilled Belle in 1 weeks time. Today is blue genes day, I can purchase Alex or Zero instead of working on my Tao.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

kontona posted:

thanks!

(your knowledge of korean f2p games never ceases to amaze me...)

The best part? I still don't know a lick of Korean.

Anyway, tomorrow's patch is going to reduce the 2nd library dungeon down to 50 stages.

100k gold for clearing stage 10, 25, and 35.
150k gold for clearing stage 45.
5 blue gems for clearing stage 20 and 30.
10 blue gems for clearing stage 40.
20 blue gems for clearing stage 50.

http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/11734-Aug.24.2016-(Wed)-Patch-Note

They are fast on the notes this week. :downs:

Charles Bukowski posted:

I do not have Nox, Belle, Alex, Zero, or Lee. Can I still do your marvelous strategems? I may have an unskilled Belle in 1 weeks time. Today is blue genes day, I can purchase Alex or Zero instead of working on my Tao.

Not having Nox makes the strat very annoying to deal with since you would have to alternate between healing and shelling. I wouldn't recommend it. You're basically too far away from the required heroes. You can work on other blue gene heroes if you want since it would take about a month to unlock Nox anyways.

Also work your way towards unlocking your own Lee.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Aug 24, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I now have an unskilled Lee :D

e: Its going to take a lot longer than a month to unlock Nox. I only get about 200 pvp points a week I think. I only hit top 10% as Sundays are too busy for me to stay in top 5%. I rarely get 40 pvp battles for participation awards as I can't usually clear all my opponents. Would an Alex or a Zero be more useful at 0 skill for raids? About the same?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 24, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Other patch note stuff:

Yeka's Jewel Box is tops if you're willing to actually spend money, that's enough diamonds to convert a 5 star piece for probably 10bux, when usually you can get about 600/month, and only get 200 with the $100 monthly package.

Poor Celestial's seal is getting nerfed.

Hero AI for the library has allegedly been improved. I'll believe it when I see it, given that they managed to make the AI significantly shittier, which I didn't really think was possible.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
"Oh man it's going to be easy to skill up Valk, I already have 140 genes."

"Oh." :eng99:

Also she/it was not on the spreadsheet so I added a row but didn't know any of the deets.

edit: Also, thanks to whomever suggested cheesing Breakthrough with Hellfire. drat, are the rewards for clearing the whole thing underwhelming. 1/50th of the genes required for Fruel. Awesome.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 24, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you're following that old spreadsheet its out of date and not that useful tbh. Ask questions in here and in discord about characters or anything really and we can try to help.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
What's the discord?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://discord.gg/zbPWs

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Level 35 of the new (50 level) Dragon Book requires Disarm

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Charles Bukowski posted:

If you're following that old spreadsheet its out of date and not that useful tbh. Ask questions in here and in discord about characters or anything really and we can try to help.

Eh I was mostly just looking at it to see what the consensus was on the order to upgrade abilities. I'm chugging along okay; I've got Valk and all the storyline people up through and including Lily. I'll probably have Mu unlocked in another day or two. Taking my time on the story to level up/skill up the folks I have that I enjoy.

If anyone wants to comment, though, here's what I've got/what I'm doing:

Right now, I have 4* Deb/Lance/Alf, and 3*/50 Chris/Gilligan/Valk waiting for me to grind out upgrade mats with Jack and Serendi close behind at 40+. Everyone else is 3*/30+ except Kai (3*/29, almost fully skilled out) Ian(3*/26), Mas(3*/25), Sraka(3*/1, never gotten a single gene), and Dolores(2*/22, mostly from getting Poni genes).

Chis has max level stun, Alf has max movement debuff and almost max passive, Lance has max taunt, and I'm working on topping off Deb's square AOE, Jack's face-melter, Valk's taunt and barrier, Serendi's charm, and Gilligan's disarm.

I see Lilys everywhere but I'm not sure what to do with him; haven't started really grinding his genes yet. Between the stun and the pushback I'm assuming his 3 is useful for some tod/raid stuff.

I've 100%ed through stage 4, 60% stage 5. I think I've gotten SS on at least floor 6 of the infinite-run daily dungeons, and some of the 7s. I'm not sure, but I think I also have S or SS ranks on floor 6 or 7 of the exp ones. Whichever floor gives you level 100 dudes as rewards.

For a week and a half in, I'm pretty happy with the progress. Once I finish getting Deb and Jack's skill 3s, I'll put more energy towards the storyline and getting Radoff.

I've got around 1650 red crystals in the bank right now. The only thing I've spent them on so far is Expedition upgrades (currently level 7) and friend slots (currently 33/40). I'm saving up for Celestial first, which seems more important than getting to Expedition 10 ASAP just given the time limit.

Not sure what soul gear is good to get once I finally can afford one. Jenny's for the stun boost? Serendi for charm? Gilligan's for disarm? Someone coming later?

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

Level 35 of the new (50 level) Dragon Book requires Disarm

Even if you have Disarm, it's currently bugged and only reduces enemy max HP, not current HP. You'll end up with enemies that have 1.1M out of 300k HP. I'm sure somebody has a strategy to deal with this, but Disarm's only use on them is to make them unable to attack - it can't drop their HP.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
7 people, or 35% of the guild hasn't done the guild raid today. It seems to be the same people every day. Could you please do it? We get better rewards if we're in the top 50, which we could be if more people completed it each day. If you're not doing the guild stuff, why be in it?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
We did it Overflow goons. For five fleeting minutes, we were kings of the world.

http://imgur.com/a/6MVCC

Secx fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 26, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Secx posted:

We did it Overflow goons. For five fleeting minutes, we were kings of the world.

http://imgur.com/a/6MVCC

Why on earth do you have 200k soul stones and 2 books worth of scrolls? :eyepop:

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
So now that she's been out for a while, belle vs celestial thoughts?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

She fills the same team slot? I'd figure her as just an aoe blaster with a heal on it.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

My Alex has his 3rd skill at rank 9. Should I spend blue genes to cap that off and put some points into other abilities, or unlock another hero instead? With the focus of guild battles switching to Lee murdersprees, I'm not sure what to do now.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDut4X3X4NE

Got up to stage 43 and completely screwed it up. My brain fell apart trying to process how to deal with the level 40+ stages. I should be able to at least reach 45 tomorrow.

My advice for climbing up to 50 is to have a team capable of building up Lord gauge without hitting enemies.

I use Belle, Gillan, Raboff, Valk, and Jenny. Everyone sucks at dealing damage besides Jenny but that's fine because the later stages will completely wipe you out if you don't have Grace constantly up. Note that I can constantly keep Grace up against the stage 40 boss so no one really takes damage.

You actually don't have to worry about the Lord anymore because they buffed his total HP. You're more likely to lose all your heroes than you are to lose your Lord unless you royally screw up several stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!
I think it's the stage 40 boss where one of the premiere strategies is to let the Lord tank him. Also, possibly vulnerable to Confuse?

• Locked thread