Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
ITALIAN FOOD: NOT EVEN ONCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_25htbOQw

pretty soft girl fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

smug n stuff posted:

guys wtf there was a big earthquake in italy and its all because of this thread wtf guys

Amatrice got flattened. That's the city of origin, or at least the namesake, of pasta alla matriciana, one of the best and easiest to make pasta dishes.

So yeah it was probably because of this thread.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I used to be impressed that Mexicans found a way to take beef, beans, rice, cheese and a tortilla and make about a thousand different dishes, but Italians do the same thing with only pasta and tomatoes!

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I only eat food from kitchens that have 1+ Michelin stars, with at least two black knives and forks, so I don't get to eat a lot of Italian food. When I do I cut the pasta to piss off the chef and see if I get the Whoosh-style kickout.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 24, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

kazr posted:

It's been said but needs to be repeated: Italian food is laughably easy to make and you'd have to be borderline IQ to gently caress it up

its incredibly easy to gently caress up if you use anything less than great ingredients. with fresh ingredients a child with one arm can easily cook italian food probably without instruction

if you got a can of tomatoes and olives and dried basil and just throw that together with cheap chemical tasting olive oil then its going to taste like poo poo no matter how much effort you put into it. which goes for most food yeah but with italian it makes like 20x a difference. its not like mexican where you can throw 5 year old dried peppers into a pot of meat and it still tastes great

naem
May 29, 2011

I ate some cold pasta from the fridge out of the sauce pan I made it in in bed and set the empty pan on the floor and went back to sleep for an hour, then sat up and put my foot in the pan and tripped yelling "whoa nelly" or something incredibly pale and anglo like that and the pan hit the wall and flecks of red sauce scattered about namaste

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope not too many pizzas died in the earthquake :ohdear:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Italian ice cream is definitely a whole other ball game: first time asking for mint in Verona. What you get is a frozen treat that is like the very essence of mint but without the sugar. Could not do more than 2 bites.

The lemon flavored ice cream is decent.

i still haven't found gelato in the states as good as the stuff I randomly got from hole in the wall shops in Rome

maybe it's rose tinted glasses but idk

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wanna see some goons making egg yolk ravioli

"this is so piss easy ugh italians are so dumb"
*ravioli explodes*

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 24, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had some fajitas yesterday with rice and beans - goddamn I love italian food!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Questa è la migliore discussione del sottogruppo "Cazzate in libertà" sul sito "qualcosadiorribile.com". Grazie mille per aver aperto questa discussione.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Enfield posted:

mordin you are so goddamn stupid and i hate you lol

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Questa è la migliore discussione del sottogruppo "Cazzate in libertà" sul sito "qualcosadiorribile.com". Grazie mille per aver aperto questa discussione.
stop speaking japanese you freaking weeaboo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

the weird thing about italian is if i read it a couple times really fast i can kinda get what it is saying

you're welcome i think

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

been eating leftover eggplant parm all week

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I eat my pasta in alphabet form with vegetables and broth. :smuggo:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i had a salami on sourdough for lunch with peperocinis is that italian enough

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

limaCAT posted:

Suicidarvi

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
soft boilde spaghetti, mice sauce + ketchup is the only way to eat pasta

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

the weird thing about italian is if i read it a couple times really fast i can kinda get what it is saying

It's basically just spanish without all the "S"s

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Did anybody post Italian massage yet
https://youtu.be/attffb8oSCI

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OctoberBlues posted:

I had some fajitas yesterday with rice and beans - goddamn I love italian food!

:raise:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Did anybody post Italian massage yet
https://youtu.be/attffb8oSCI

This ain't the documentary thread cholo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Texas toast

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Gabagooool

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love pasta dishes because carb overload is kinda "my thing," but risotto and ossobuco and frittatas and eggplant parmigians and saltimbocca and stuff is pretty good too so yeah Italian food is pretty good. Then again, so is most food if cooked right and not from a recipe recently thought up by a moron.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
tonight i sauteed some spinach in olive oil with garlic and oregano and then put that on some pasta with some parmesan and black pepper and ate the whole business with some italian sausage and good god what a meal.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I had spaghetti... I didn';t have any italian sausage so i sliced up some bratwurst in there instead. little bit too much shredded carrot in the sauce but otherwise good.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I had penne alla vodka so I could pretend to my gf I wasn't getting hammered again.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

i just heated up the rest of my pasta because all this talk of pasta made me hungry.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

it was gonna be my lunch tomorrow but that's ok

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
GABAGOOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdIWaRi-7c

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Moridin do you still work as a sous chef or whatever I think we're vaguely in the same neighborhood and I wanna know if you work at the cool italian place nearby

PM me or honk twice if the place rhymes with blonte blecchio

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012

von Braun posted:

soft boilde spaghetti, mice sauce + ketchup is the only way to eat pasta

This is all garbage, but definitely try to eat higher quality meat than mouse please

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

moridin please show me your dick if the place you work at rhymes with gucca dee geppo

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

bumping this thread cuz i just made some drat carbonara and poo poo rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bastard Tetris posted:

Moridin do you still work as a sous chef or whatever I think we're vaguely in the same neighborhood and I wanna know if you work at the cool italian place nearby

PM me or honk twice if the place rhymes with blonte blecchio

nah i work in a boring office now. pays a lot better though :\

i think i know what place you mean but I haven't been there

• Locked thread