Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
I just dropped by to say that dogges are awesome.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KGnJPD8s0

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

-Anders posted:

That is all.

Story checks out

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Syrian Lannister posted:

Story checks out

you had to check??

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you had to check??

I asked Monty for confirmation.

He crop dusted me.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good dogge

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

-Anders posted:

That is all.

:agreed:, actually

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The dog at work today fell asleep on my lap. (She's like 70 pounds). I got no work done for like an hour.

Also, funny thing I saw.
https://aboveaverage.com/why-as-a-good-dog-is-my-identity-constantly-being-questioned/

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
http://imgur.com/a/xxsZQ

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hercules update:

Turns out Hercules is actually HER-cules. I've never been close enough to find out.

She went on a little bit of a vacation today. I was walking Monty this morning taking our normal route and I found her like this:

She broke through the fence and got herself wrapped around the tree. I took her off the leash to untangle her from the tree (holy poo poo she is strong -- she got free of my best effort to hold on to her and ran straight to Monty and was OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITED).

Holllllyyyyy shiiiit is she a sweet dog. She couldn't even contain herself (probably because she was FINALLY getting some attention).

I was very tempted to take her off of her chain and let her run wild, but she's right next to a fairly busy street and I fear the worst would happen.

Unfortunately I have some work to do so I could only spend 20 or so minutes with her, but as soon as I get a break I'm going back and hopefully she will still be enjoying her sorta-vacation.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

TBeats posted:

Hercules update:

Turns out Hercules is actually HER-cules. I've never been close enough to find out.

She went on a little bit of a vacation today. I was walking Monty this morning taking our normal route and I found her like this:

She broke through the fence and got herself wrapped around the tree. I took her off the leash to untangle her from the tree (holy poo poo she is strong -- she got free of my best effort to hold on to her and ran straight to Monty and was OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITED).

Holllllyyyyy shiiiit is she a sweet dog. She couldn't even contain herself (probably because she was FINALLY getting some attention).

I was very tempted to take her off of her chain and let her run wild, but she's right next to a fairly busy street and I fear the worst would happen.

Unfortunately I have some work to do so I could only spend 20 or so minutes with her, but as soon as I get a break I'm going back and hopefully she will still be enjoying her sorta-vacation.

Yes!! Good update, sweet dogge

You're a good person Cole.

:unsmith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Omg pette that dogge :kimchi:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

You're a good dude cole :3

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/the-stray-marathon-dog-that-went-missing-in-china-has-been-f?utm_term=.sfYXjj2kw#.medPAAXKr

Stay safe, marathon pupper

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...

This is so cute, but how does it happen?? Like, what does a person have to do to make a freaking wolf go, "okay, you in charge?" I'd pet the poo poo out of that wolf.

Also I found out there's an animal shelter like half a mile from where I work so there may be some volunteering/photos in my future....

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sutureself posted:

This is so cute, but how does it happen?? Like, what does a person have to do to make a freaking wolf go, "okay, you in charge?" I'd pet the poo poo out of that wolf.

Also I found out there's an animal shelter like half a mile from where I work so there may be some volunteering/photos in my future....

It's not necessarily "you in charge," but wolves socialized from a young age enjoy belly scratches from familiar humans as much as any dog. Source: scratched and petted some wolves at Polar Park last month. They wouldn't roll over for us strangers but they were totally relaxed with the handlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7aLoC-Qtv4

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Happy National Dog Day!

Gotta watch where you sit.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sutureself posted:

I dunno but it has precedent, because in the past atleast 2 wolves had to think "Guys, these humans got their poo poo together! If you help them kill poo poo they'll split the haul AND give you belly rubs!"

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This guy showed up at our warehouse today. Really sweet pooch. Wish I could take him home but another dog just isn't in the cards right now. Somewhere around 1-2 years old. Lab / pit mix?

Currently burning up facebook trying to find someone to come and get him.

Tide fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 26, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Tide posted:

This guy showed up at our warehouse today. Really sweet pooch. Wish I could take him home but another dog just isn't in the cards right now. Somewhere around 1-2 years old. Lab / pit mix?

Look at those floppy ears!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Best I can tell, he's got a bit of mange (or may be simply hair loss from the heat) and maybe the dog version of conjunctivitis. Maybe a little bit thin. I would be money he's heartworm positive, thou :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Tide posted:

Looks like a good boy to me

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Tide posted:

Best I can tell, he's got a bit of mange (or may be simply hair loss from the heat) and maybe the dog version of conjunctivitis. Maybe a little bit thin. I would be money he's heartworm positive, thou :(

I adopted a dog once that was HW+, and it's a fairly straightforward cure. Expensive though, and not pleasant for the dog (it's basically a mini-chemo treatment over a couple weekends a month apart). Rescue org setup and paid for the treatment, which is probably the only way you get those dogs adopted out considering the cost.

Basically always keep your pupper on HW prevention because it's way cheaper and easier than fixing it later.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Also they can't do vigorous exercise or be off-leash for something like two months after getting the treatment, which is also not fun if it's a super energetic dog that's all "OMGOMGOMG FOOD SQUIRREL BALL!!"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I dunno but it has precedent, because in the past atleast 2 wolves had to think "Guys, these humans got their poo poo together! If you help them kill poo poo they'll split the haul AND give you belly rubs!"

Don't forget the fire.

"Holy poo poo. I'm warm!"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Belly Rubbing

Belly rubbing never changes

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Nor should it.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

I really like this dogge.

I also quit my job. I'll miss the puppers but not the people.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tier 1 dogge

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
that's the doggo that killed bin laden wtf, opsec, assholes

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Mike-o posted:

that's the doggo that killed bin laden wtf, opsec, assholes

Excuse me, it's a pupper.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

PenisMonkey posted:

sure, blow the cointel too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PenisMonkey posted:

You see what he's seen and you ain't a pupper no more

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know, been on this earth for nearly twenty eight years, never met a bad dog

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jay Rust posted:

:same: just bad owners

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Not-Gabe is a good dogge.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jay Rust posted:

What about these two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Admittedly I have incomplete information but so far as I can ascertain, those are good dogs, possibly even very good dogs