Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Now I want to find that video to see how anime bad guys and murder nerds talk.

Is it 'three or four words at a time with big pauses between them'?

Yeah, I'm curious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Elliot rodgers would have been a really funny story if he just killed homself, but instead he had to take innocent normals with him in death, which is sad :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I mean can you imagine being killed by that dork

Youd never live it down in valhalla

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What happened to the Goonlove OKC thing?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

PallasAthene posted:

Easily 75% of my friends try this with my brother, and a ton of his female friends do it too. It's weird when someone I know finds out I have a brother and immediately wants to set their friend (or sometimes themselves) up with him without knowing a thing about the guy.

Bonus awkward pickup attempt story:

I sometimes carry a backpack with velcro tabs that still has an American flag and one of my nametapes from the Air Force on it. Let's pretend my last name is Marquez. (It's not, but that's close enough illustrate my point.)

Last night I was browsing at a used bookstore and out of nowhere some guy comes up to me and says "Well good evening to you, Seeeenyodeeta Maaaaaahd-kaaayyss." (Think of Giada saying "mozzarella" mid-sentence, but even worse.)

Before I could even get a word in, he said "I'll wager you're probably not used to guys even trying to pronounce your name correctly, but I really think that the beauty of an exotic name like that only shines through when it is said correctly. I speak Spanish fluently, so I always impress Latino parents by speaking to them in their own language...almost as much as I impress beautiful young ladies with how nimbly I can roll my tongue..." :grin:

This happened in Texas, where my name is not at all uncommon.

who still goes to book stores in 2016?

i know who, whores looking for attention from men they wont give them time of day to

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

What happened to the Goonlove OKC thing?

It was ruined by goons.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr. 47 posted:

Yeah, I'm curious too.

Think I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYdg6_0fTk

When a PUA is calling you out for being a creepy weirdo, you know something's wrong. Anime stuff starts about 5:40 in.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 26, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

There should almost be a gym for these weird nerdlings so they can work out and put themselves together without the intermediate stage where they creep on women at the gym. That, and based on the annual New Year's Gym Thread here, people are loving savage to people first getting into fitness.

a majority of people are pretty cool to gym noobs

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Moridin920 posted:

i like pick

idk how much of an endorsement that is around here anymore tho

I do too. She teaches me neat stuff about animals and makes fun of the bioware games we both love. She's good people imo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
mods rename thread to 'pick's power hour' imo

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Gorilla Salad posted:

Think I found it.

When a PUA is calling you out for being a creepy weirdo, you know something's wrong. Anime stuff starts about 5:40 in.

lmaooo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

Think I found it.

I'm just a fan about not even 30 seconds in he's screaming about how Elliot Roger stinks inside. Like he says one word and bam, dude goes into a frothing rage.

I'll have to get to the anime section when u have time because I hope this dude pops a vein.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

I once saw an anime movie called "Rise of the Overfiend". The details are vague, but I do clearly remember a monster as tall as a skyscraper devastating a city with hundreds of swirling tentacle-penises. Also, in junior high school, I was kind of into Sailor Moon. But I don't really watch anime otherwise. Is there really any anime that's all that good?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

you're a goddamn idiot if you watch any anime imo and you deserve no whore bitches

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr. 47 posted:

I once saw an anime movie called "Rise of the Overfiend". The details are vague, but I do clearly remember a monster as tall as a skyscraper devastating a city with hundreds of swirling tentacle-penises. Also, in junior high school, I was kind of into Sailor Moon. But I don't really watch anime otherwise. Is there really any anime that's all that good?

Jojo

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

mods rename thread to 'pick's power hour' imo

"This one weird trick to Women that Men don't want you to know"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm not sure about anime but The Rodge was way too into WoW. He wouldn't shut up about it and even directly quoted dialog from it in his videos and manifesto.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

His main hobby was crying, he was way into it.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

I mean can you imagine being killed by that dork

Youd never live it down in valhalla

He got the drop on unsuspecting people with a firearm, which has a pretty high success rate of killing people even if you're a total loser.

Elliot Rodger is the best modern argument against "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Anime is blood.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

What the gently caress is the deal with the anime girl pillows?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

my favorite part about elliot is crashing his car then killing himself because what an idiot

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

After uploading the video, Rodger e-mailed a lengthy autobiographical manuscript to approximately a dozen acquaintances and family members. The document, which he titled "My Twisted World", was made available on the Internet and became widely known as his "manifesto". In it, he described his childhood, family conflicts, frustration over not being able to find a girlfriend, his hatred of women, his contempt for racial minorities and interracial couples, and his plans for what he described as "retribution".

If he'd hung around a couple more years he could have made friends at any Trump rally.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

SaltLick posted:

my favorite part about elliot is crashing his car then killing himself because what an idiot

That is my least favourite part. He needed to survive. Just imagine him facing trial. Imagine lawyers and the judge reading sections of his manifesto out loud while he sits and listens. Even he wouldn't be able to avoid realising how incredibly shameful the stuff he revealed about himself was. Imagine him in prison. It is technically a real world tragedy so I feel a little bad for thinking it would be a source of hilarity, but I can't help it when everything about Elliott's personality and life resembled a black comedy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm more surprised some enterprising Korrine wannabe or even Korrine himself hasn't made a fictional version of the Rodger case, like "Observe and Report" but worth a drat.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Mr. 47 posted:

Anime girl fuckbots don't exist, yet.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. 47 posted:

:nws:

http://i.imgur.com/B1JR9fn.jpg

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Mr. 47 posted:

it's a tangible thing that reclusive shut in anime weirdos can hug and sleep with. It's like that pillow that is a torso with an arm that they market to lonely women so they can have something there for comfort, except it's covered in anime girls so it's more sexual.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I'm the unidentifiable appendage in the lower right.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

He really did talk like an anime character, down to the haughty laugh. Do you think he used that affectation w women?

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

it's a tangible thing that reclusive shut in anime weirdos can hug and sleep with. It's like that pillow that is a torso with an arm that they market to lonely women so they can have something there for comfort, except it's covered in anime girls so it's more sexual.

But why would you want to gently caress anime girls? I mean, they're all draw to look ten years ol- ohhhhhhh... :saddowns:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Body pillows without anime girl decals are a thing that sells to normal people because sleeping with something hugged to you is comforting, hence spooning when you have a partner. When I'm alone I tend to bunch up the blankets and hug them. Anime body pillows are a result of a lack of shame, intense loneliness, and an inability to feel something nice without sexualising it (where the anime version of sexual is often an inappropriately young girl looking kind of embarrassed about what is happening)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah it's creepy but it's not impenetrable, much like the pillows themselves.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

Be a master of a few trades.

In order to be a master and not a Jack, you need to be better than a Jack.

The battle is exponentially uphill with time and progress itself, as you've eloquently put it, but being better than others in a competitive way is something I will support.

It is true, that it may be a never ending battle, but my man, ending a battle with the minimal you can get increases your chances, but makes you a scavenger.

A lion doesn't eat a Hyena's kill, the other way round happens.

So it is also fine to demand to be treated like the lion you are. So, Demand. Not every dog shelter will take you. Not every zoo will take you. That's okey.
Since both fleas and lions are less popular pets than dogs, people will draw the conclusion that you are a flea. (For the nerds: both tails of the two tailed Gaussian distribution is often equated) - but that does not make you any less of a lion. So be the lion, compete and make yourself winner against the cheetahs, and demand the biggest share of preys.

Certain such share of preys depend on your own ability to get them, eg. personal improvement, job, innovation. Some of them depend on others, e.g. attention and other things that can't be negotiated.

So be a prince. Make sure that you can beat other princes in a competition, and if you are not treated as the best, as the pinnacle of princehood, move on.

There is no glory in being #2

its like they get some of it but they miss the overall point.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

He really did talk like an anime character, down to the haughty laugh. Do you think he used that affectation w women?

He would have, had he actually talked to any women.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love having a husband to spoon and/or spoon me at night instead of a pillow/sex toy combo :)

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The Snoo posted:

I love having a husband to spoon and/or spoon me at night instead of a pillow/sex toy combo :)

Sorry but if you haven't humped a pillow of Light Yagami the teenaged serial killer from Death Note to completion then I'm afraid you haven't really lived life

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Moon Atari posted:

Body pillows without anime girl decals are a thing that sells to normal people because sleeping with something hugged to you is comforting, hence spooning when you have a partner. When I'm alone I tend to bunch up the blankets and hug them. Anime body pillows are a result of a lack of shame, intense loneliness, and an inability to feel something nice without sexualising it (where the anime version of sexual is often an inappropriately young girl looking kind of embarrassed about what is happening)

Double length pillows are also really really nice for when you are sleeping with someone else and you don't want one of you to end up face down in pillow gap while you're spooning.

• Locked thread