Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm going to play me some LoD right now

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Raskolnikov posted:

Yeah everyone says shadowplay is great but gently caress that noise. Just struggle through setting up OBS or Bandicam once and you have software that actually doesn't suck. Plus OBS is more friendly for my pathetic 350KBS of upload bandwidth if you're streaming.

:eyepop:

do you live in 2002

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

I considered it once, just to make it easier to pick out my own posts. Then good old SMcD bought me my very first ponytar, negating the need.

I didn't have a tantrum when it was changed to a duck

Someone bought me this avatar during TickleGate. I haven't changed it back because it completely and utterly pisses off those Spergs parked on /r/DS

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I can't use Shadowplay because I play games that as so old that it can't recognize them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Decrepus posted:

I can't use Shadowplay because I play games that as so old that it can't recognize them.

Bandicam gives no fucks and will record anything and everything until you tell it not to, it's impressive in it's own way and annoying as well

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:eyepop:

do you live in 2002
Yes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I just found out I had $50 in an old poker account, managed to win another $13 :smuggo:

If I can just keep up this 26% daily return, I'll have $221,645,383,011,039.28 in time for new year's

How's your JPEG bonds doing, plebscrubs? :grin:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I think therefore I am self-aware

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I think therefore I am not-a-citizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Xaerael posted:

It's me, the person tantruming over having my Av changed.

Is Eonwe back?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I think therefore I am not-a-citizen

:eyepop: :five: :5: :bravo: :eyepop: :five: :5: :bravo:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sorry, channelling my very own Derek Smart'itudes here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EdEddnEddy posted:

To be honest, the Blizz launcher likes to crash for random reasons as well.

The CIG launcher only seems to crash when you click to read the Patch Notes where it opens its own sort of browser window, otherwise it seems to download/patch reasonably ok.

Both launchers just seem to hate being poked while they do their thing...

Crash?

I've never had the blizz-launcher crash... (Yes I realize its probably just confirmation bias)

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

jfc another citizen went gone and did it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

Postponed is like CIG's "Refactoring"

and before you get mad and say anything, keep in mind that CIG just needs refactoring to be anything you want it to be.

- Released // completed and currently on release in a build
- Pending Release // completed but pending release in upcoming build
- Stopped // in progress but stopped due to blocker, bug, scheduling etc
- Started // started and in progress
- Unscheduled // not yet in current milestone schedule. also used for wishlist tasks
- Postponed // temporarily on hold due to task dependency or scheduling

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Goobs posted:

Thanks for posting this, never heard of this before but it looks loving amazing, me being all about mining in every space game I play ( EVE, E:D) any idea when this is hitting early access?
What about Space Engineers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDvbvB08GQ

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINQbTzOrUI

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 27, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

I'm going to play me some LoD right now

There is a bug related to spawning that you should be aware of. See item #13

http://lodgame.com/known-issues/

Also, ground vehicles are coming soon. http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/352792037315438771/

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

There is a bug related to spawning that you should be aware of. See item #13

http://lodgame.com/known-issues/

Also, ground vehicles are coming soon. http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/352792037315438771/

This:

Death screen redeploy (respawn works OK) option prevents player from being able to jump to another scene until quit/restart

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Bubbacub posted:

jfc another citizen went gone and did it

Justice Regret takes flight!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cigstomper58 posted:

They did say in AtV that Ekhart was done the old way, fully mocapped and scripted, they are progressing down a new way.

The new way would likely only need a set of text responses (and tone of voice/attitude commands) entering and the game would animate Ekhart on the fly, so no need for loads more mocapped segments for the negotiation counters, just some more text entries that gets used by the game using Ekhart's voice and resulting in the Ekhart character speaking stuff not specifically mocapped.

The behind the scenes videos show the mocap actors performing all sorts of weird face-pulling and grimacing, presimably to calibrate their virtual characters with a range of motion so, down the line, CIG can make these virtual characters say lines the actors themselves never spoke.

Without something like that there's probably not enough voice actors to play all the NPC parts that the PU will require from NPCs without heavily duplicating and re-using the mocapped work.

It's is a good thing that they are implementing this in a timely manner. Like, how could have they ever guessed that this would be necessary at all? Good for them.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Should I get a cute Prius C or the Wing Commander package, please help.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4zrdnd/the_starfarer_is_really_cool/

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
god dammit derek

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The face of regret.

edit: it's me, the backer spending $2,000 to laser this bullshit off in 3 years.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet this guy watches anime

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mercury_Storm posted:

Holy poo poo wtf is going on here?

The game uses some sort of flag system to set your character's role (are you a bald dude, a ship, a turret, etc). Sometimes you run around with the wrong flags set up and that creates all kinds of hilarious results that are totally not bugs. In this case probably something went wrong when your character boarded a ship but the "AM_I_A_BALD_DUDE" flag didn't change to false. Then, when the actual ship exploded for whatever reason the game checked the flag and played the dead animation of the bald dude in the last location he was around (when boarding the ship).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Raskolnikov posted:

well a commanda's gotta think ahead.

the prius will be much more expensive considering taxes, gas, insurance, repairs. also it will decrease in value, and I wouldn't bet on any big refactoring happening anytime soon

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

when is citizens conned?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Justin Tyme posted:

when is citizens conned?

about 45 days

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

well a commanda's gotta think ahead.

the prius will be much more expensive considering taxes, gas, insurance, repairs. also it will decrease in value, and I wouldn't bet on any big refactoring happening anytime soon
Phew, that was close, I almost bought an actual product. I will stick to less costly ~dreams~ from here on out! o9

Justin Tyme posted:

when is citizens conned?
Every single day

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

I think the Yaris is the discerning Citizen's car of choice.

I forget why.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the prius c is built on the yaris. thats why its poo poo

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
tattoo fake, so what

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I see its upside down, but it hasn't started spinning yet. Is there a problem with my internet again or is this by design?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

tattoo fake, so what

there's only one way you could know that though

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Awesome! posted:

the prius c is built on the yaris. thats why its poo poo

Oddly the yaris was less poo poo than the new prius.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

This:

Death screen redeploy (respawn works OK) option prevents player from being able to jump to another scene until quit/restart

Yeah. I just released a bulletin about it and other things to be aware of.

http://lodgame.com/news/16-08-26/

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

DogonCrook posted:

Oddly the yaris was less poo poo than the new prius.
Explain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

god dammit derek

uhm, wot happened?

• Locked thread