Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
how to do character analysis: imagine every character exists on a spectrum from "redeemable" to "not redeemable" and rapidly shifts from one side to the other whenever they do a thing that is good or bad

also, power levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I believe if you analyze the data it will show that Jasper did nothing wrong.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If Jasper does get redeemed I wonder how they're gonna reverse her corruption without bringing up the issue of "OK now why don't you decorrupt all the other gem monsters you've been fighting?"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junpei Hyde posted:

If Jasper does get redeemed I wonder how they're gonna reverse her corruption without bringing up the issue of "OK now why don't you decorrupt all the other gem monsters you've been fighting?"

she has second hand corruption so it's weaker and steven can heal her fully

the CGs need jasper for some reason and can only save one corrupted gem

something like that

I think I'd prefer she stays corrupted though, at least until the end. she had her chance and she failed

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 27, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The best possible Steven Universe videogame would be a clone of the Scott Pilgrim one

I want it so bad :(

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bass Bottles posted:

The best possible Steven Universe videogame would be a clone of the Scott Pilgrim one

did the scott pilgrim game have combo attacks like the simpsons arcade game did? because that's what would really take it to the next level

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DolphinCop posted:

did the scott pilgrim game have combo attacks like the simpsons arcade game did? because that's what would really take it to the next level

There was a button you could hold down to make everybody whip out instruments and start jamming, which did damage over time to enemies proportionate to the number of people playing music IIRC

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Bass Bottles posted:

Steven Universe: Beach City Brouhaha

Cookie Cats would clearly be the best consumable you could buy. :colbert:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

attack the light was real good despite coming out so early when the show was still sorta figuring itself out

i really want a sequel with lapis and peridot in the party

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only proper nostalgic artstyle for a SU game would be Gamecube graphics.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

attack the light was real good despite coming out so early when the show was still sorta figuring itself out

Attack the Light was an incredibly solid foundation for an RPG. It worked with the very small and very simple scale that was going on there (a fixed party, all the content is dungeons, only one fusion, etc.) but the way it works could easily support a much larger game.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I loved Attack the Light, it was the perfect SU mobile game.

GrumpyFace have hinted that they're working on something that "will make fans of ATL happy" so unless they were just teasing another Cartoon Network game chances are good they're doing a sequel.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

counterpoint: her gem is pointy, ergo she's evil

lapis is only pointy on one side so she's only half evil

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Peridot has sharp teef even now, see that screenshot of angry peridot from recent I'd post if I wasn't phone posting
Totally means she'll double defect.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I can't believe that Garnet is half evil because Ruby occasionally has pointed teeth.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Centipeetle has lots of pointy teeth all of the time and is not evil.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Bongo Bill posted:

Attack the Light was an incredibly solid foundation for an RPG. It worked with the very small and very simple scale that was going on there (a fixed party, all the content is dungeons, only one fusion, etc.) but the way it works could easily support a much larger game.

Amethyst was broken as hell in that game, so you know it's good.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Jasper was corrupted for only a few minutes. They said the reason Steven couldn't help Centipeedle that much was because her mind was broken, not just her body. If they healed Jasper she'd probably be way less broken.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The hollow tree scene in Gem Hunt sets up the idea that if a gem is in the middle of corruption Steven might be able to save them. Jasper's corruption probably hasn't been in affect long enough that it would be impossible for Steven to help.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want an RPG where you can wander Beach City. Open map, like LTTP.

OB_Juan posted:

Also, a song where Pearl has the HoloPearls as backup dancers.

Oh god yes.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Momomo posted:

If they healed Jasper she'd probably be way less broken.

Arguable given her state of mind from Malachite onwards, but I'm interested in seeing where they go with this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Heinrich Himmler, known sharp-teeth haver.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sure, that's a bad analysis, but I hope we all agree the pointier the nose, the saltier you are.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

Peridot has sharp teef even now, see that screenshot of angry peridot from recent I'd post if I wasn't phone posting
Totally means she'll double defect.

Peridot is secretly green diamond.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you know, there's a reason an official emerald hasn't been revealed yet...

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

This bit

spelled out "Jasperedemtion is gonna happen sooner than later" to me more than any dang ol fan theory ever could

she look so sad :smith:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

misadventurous posted:

This bit

spelled out "Jasperedemtion is gonna happen sooner than later" to me more than any dang ol fan theory ever could

she look so sad :smith:

On the one hand, I don't doubt jasperdemption is going to occur, but on the other hand this is 100% unreliable narrator, especially given Rose's expression later. Steven's projecting his perceptions of people, and while Eyeball might be the new "unlikely redemption" candidate, the show delving into "negative" lessons with abusive relationships, self-loathing and PTSD makes me think all the more we're going to end up with an actually-irredeemable gem at some point as a "Don't set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm" kind of lesson.

But I could be wrong. v:shobon:v

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

GlitchThief posted:

Why are we talking about sex? Who is having sex?

NASA astronauts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't know Greg worked for NASA.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

large oblate cat posted:

NASA astronauts

the secret to astronauts is that they know they're too hosed up to belong on the face of the earth

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

large oblate cat posted:

NASA astronauts

In his defense, I'dda done the same thing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

large oblate cat posted:

NASA astronauts

:siren::nws: http://threewordphrase.com/mission.htm :nws::siren:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

That man works on Regular Show now (well I guess worked since season 8 is the last season but still)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
surely the crewniverse can find a home for him

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Brother Entropy posted:

Only problem is Lapis is too op pls nerf

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
only when you are near water

if there's a nearby puddle she's unstoppable otherwise just punch her before she flies away

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm hoping for Garnet Character Development, then when she learns the lesson of the day, Peridot gives her the silent, stoic thumbs up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hold the phone.

Now give the phone to me.

Hello. This… is Mom Universe. Yes.

The children are playing swords.

Sorry—playing with swords.

Oh no, they are dead. Don’t call again.

Sorry, I panicked.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's "They are bleeding... oh no... they are dead." :colbert:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

So Marty will never have a redemption arc. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

This is wrong, though. Jasper has been depicted with fangs, like a predator or a vampire.