Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Capps please fix votefinder image in the op tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I meant Kash. I blame this avatar for throwing me off.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I have nudged Kash to update the OP of his objectively worse thread when he gets a chance. For now, enjoy!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote infinitum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think this matches capps' scum style pretty easily, but tbh I don't really care if she's not. We're immediately at a disadvantage both from losing a town player and from wasting a vig that could have made a real difference later in a game that hinges on having just that one more player to send into battle

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Nah if PBS is town lynching her is bad even if she did make a poo poo tier move

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well yes obviously, but she isn't

what I'm trying to say is that the *risk* of her being a shotless vig that we mislynch isn't enough to stop me from wanting to lynch her from scummy behavior

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Look at all this nut milk

thats a lot of nut milk

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Meta reads are bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Meta reads are bad

the face of autism

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I really don't think the PBS lynch is a good idea. It won't give us any information and it's more likely that she's town than scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tremendous Taste posted:

the face of autism

You got me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

1 - capps rolls scum
2- capps says/does something scummy d1/2
3- people argue it's too scummy to be scum
4- I vote capps and yell otherwise until lurkers vote capps and everyone else relents in disgust
5- capps flips scum

this has happened like 4 times in the past year or two

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think it even happened this drat month

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

1 - capps rolls scum
2- capps says/does something scummy d1/2
3- people argue it's too scummy to be scum
4- I vote capps and yell otherwise until lurkers vote capps and everyone else relents in disgust
5- capps flips scum

this has happened like 4 times in the past year or two

Well we have two days until the deadline and turboing is never a town play.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mayor Glowku posted:

Melee is fine. PM is very much an improved game. 4 is great too. 64 is still the undisputed best. Cloud combat

PM is better I agree but actually am surprised you know what it is

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Well we have two days until the deadline and turboing is never a town play.

there are three votes on our leader.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won't be moving my vote from Capps barring a very compelling reason.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Spiros posted:

What is your very compelling reason for voting capps in the first place?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spiros posted:

the fact that we agree isn't compelling enough?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think it even happened this drat month

Counterpoint. Capps did the exact same thing in another game I was in with her this month - scummy weird behavior viged town and then she flipped town.

Going by ~~meta~~ poor decisions are null tell for her

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

What is your very compelling reason for voting capps in the first place?

Don't trust his garbage vig, don't believe his reason, doubly so because he faked a post restriction and then immediately stopped following it when he wanted to.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Counterpoint. Capps did the exact same thing in another game I was in with her this month - scummy weird behavior viged town and then she flipped town.

Going by ~~meta~~ poor decisions are null tell for her

your meta read, perhaps. I'm not as bad at it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't edit a mafia post but I want it known that was not intentional misgendering, I just know capps from before and it slipped out because of the established identity in my mind, my bad

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tremendous Taste posted:

your meta read, perhaps. I'm not as bad at it

:jerkbag:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i want to be clear that wasn't a joke

i can't case anyone worth a poo poo but I'm pretty decent at discerning motive and pattern recognition

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I think Capps was honestly just having a bit of a giggle.

I haven't played in a whole but Capps never had a strong meta

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Nuking gulag at the first opportunity is very Capps is what I'm saying, it exists outside the realm of alignment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

i want to be clear that wasn't a joke

i can't case anyone worth a poo poo but I'm pretty decent at discerning motive and pattern recognition

I won't rub your belly but I think it's pretty clear in this case that what Capps did is anti-town no matter how you slice it and has active motivations for a scum player but none for a town player

Killed loving GULAG ffs

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Realtalk I don't like Spiros' posting, it all feels very self conscious like he's just running down a list of "what would town do." Here's a couple examples.

Spiros posted:

Oh hey you asked me why I don't trust Capps, well it's because if he had a vig as town he would have shot someone like me probably instead of someone like gulag. He wanted to deprive us of one of the few people capable of legitimate analysis itt. Capps did this blatantly assuming he could just walk away because it was at gamestart. I say no, dammit.

This post is phrased strangely, like "oh you asked me something I better answer so it doesn't seem suspicious." Not to mention that I have never seen gulag be helpful in a game so I'm not sure where this "more helpful than me" business is coming from.

Spiros posted:

The timing of this post also seems very weird, what compelling reason does Spiros have to double down a D1 vote? Again, it just comes across to me as "town stick to their guns" so thats what he's gonna do.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

So I guess Capps has a meta for me, it's just doing whatever the hell they want.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quark, I'll have you know I'm happy to be hung, I joined so this ball would roll faster for ya'll. I am town, though ^_^

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Spiros posted:

Yeah I was just about to get to this but this is a loving bizarre post. It's early D1 ya weirdo.

Here's my first real vote of the game ##vote spiros

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gulag is a strong town player if you actually read their posts

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Spiros I am putting my vote here as well, lets not turbo anyone yet though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

##vote Spiros I am putting my vote here as well, lets not turbo anyone yet though.

What makes you think anyone would turbo me lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*runs the first tenth of a mile*

WHOA GOTTA PACE MYSELF HOLD ON

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Just keep stroking your own dick there Taste, you'll get there eventually.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lil D are you gonna go the way of the Starks and be the hammer on all of your exec--- KOs? Because that would b p :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh yah queenie I was a very successful king in my time so if you have any questions I'll field them (hung 3 scum and 0 town in my first 2 days)

• Locked thread