Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Just keep stroking your own dick there Taste, you'll get there eventually.

I better take a five minute break between strokes, I don't want to cum too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Spiros posted:

Oh yah queenie I was a very successful king in my time so if you have any questions I'll field them (hung 3 scum and 0 town in my first 2 days)

Wait what? I thought you were mediocre and should've been vigged instead of Gulag?

Not trying to be a dick I just don't get the sudden change of tone.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won't be my old self, I don't think. I used to be pretty good at mafia (reviews vary) but killing me would have let me continue on my way and prevent me from polarizing the thread whereas killing gulag makes everyone sad

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Lil D are you gonna go the way of the Starks and be the hammer on all of your exec--- KOs? Because that would b p :black101:

I wouldn't say that, I'm just really...meticulous with my votes(had to think of a word other than methodical).

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Spiros posted:

I won't be my old self, I don't think. I used to be pretty good at mafia (reviews vary) but killing me would have let me continue on my way and prevent me from polarizing the thread whereas killing gulag makes everyone sad

That the gently caress kinda tone is this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diqnol you may not be the anime gently caress pillow of old but you're a drat aight better than this contingent

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

That the gently caress kinda tone is this

He's right. Look at the list of players - scum pbs could have killed half a dozen people and said something like "playing with diqnol makes me sad" or whatever and nobody would have blinked an eye

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Someone page me when there's an argument that doesn't involve years of playing with the same three people tia

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I could argue that I'm far more experienced and possibly smarter than you, too.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Someone page me when there's an argument that doesn't involve years of playing with the same three people tia

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I don't like meta arguments because how someone plays is based on so much more than alignment. Two days ago I was playing like a giant oval office because I was overly emotional and stressed out, today I'm playing completely differently because the things that stressed me out are (somewhat) resolved.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Simple meta based on small sample size will fail you

A more comprehensive meta based on knowledge of personality, tendencies, dozens of games worth of history is different

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

"meta" is just mafia insider masturbation

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Public masturbation, at that

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Samfucius posted:

"meta" is just mafia insider masturbation

Is that because the meta for you is that of a reactive idiot or do you have a reason for thinking that which isn't quite so banal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Alternatively, being able to read more than just literally

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Meta is pretty dumb, spiros is acting weird, other people are getting swept up by nonsense, that's my summary of this game so far

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Having thought about it I'd be ok with a Capps lynch because either A) they're scum in which case hooray we killed scum or B) they're town in which case hooray we killed the bad meta reads.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Votes in OP

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Spiros posted:

Is that because the meta for you is that of a reactive idiot or do you have a reason for thinking that which isn't quite so banal

Have I ever played with you before? Serious question.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Samfucius posted:

Have I ever played with you before? Serious question.

I'm Diqnol.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
You are also fat and sat on birbstrike's catapult so good job I guess?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nah, birb is just a lil fuccboi and I already properly addressed that earlier itt

I'm a healthy weight imo

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Spiros posted:

I'm Diqnol.

Oh poo poo whaddup

Also the other thread is boring garbage right now

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

My reason for thinking that is that people are not robots, they act wildly differently at different times. Meta has never made itself clear as a good tactic, it seems to get the same results as a shot in the dark. All meta is good for is riling people up so they might slip and do something dumb I guess.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

You, however, are absolutely right about me being an idiot, and I hope the meta you just made up for me stands the test of time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was more going on the reactive aspect of things because in the past I've caught you (town) voting for me (town) because I was a gigantic dick rather than because you felt I was scum. Well, I wasn't sure if you were conflating dick with scum or not but it didn't feel like it.

Meta has its place. It isn't something to exist in place of an argument but it can help paint a picture with better shading.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Having thought about it I'd be ok with a Capps lynch because either A) they're scum in which case hooray we killed scum or B) they're town in which case hooray we killed the bad meta reads.

Whose reads? Capps?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Samfucius posted:

Oh poo poo whaddup

Also the other thread is boring garbage right now

AR's trying to get them motivated, but the down side to having (most of) the Austrailian population is that they're not around much during (our) daytime and at night...they seem less than focused.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We're not posting because you motivated us

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Samfucius posted:

Whose reads? Capps?

No but it would at least show that meta is bad in a more scientific way. My point is that I'm starting to agree with TT (despite his horribly confrontational posting "style") that even if PBS turns out to be town, it isn't actually the worst result.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Spiros posted:

I was more going on the reactive aspect of things because in the past I've caught you (town) voting for me (town) because I was a gigantic dick rather than because you felt I was scum. Well, I wasn't sure if you were conflating dick with scum or not but it didn't feel like it.

Meta has its place. It isn't something to exist in place of an argument but it can help paint a picture with better shading.

I believe it, I've gone whole hog on a lot of townies as town. Do you remember what game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sure I could find it through votefinder but I don't remember offhand, sorry

Btw peoplefolk this is my apex posting for the whole game, after today I won't be on a computer at all and gently caress mafia phone poo poo

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Inf is probably town unfortunately because as much as I want to think AR is just pulling a gambit, there's no way he could have communicated with birdstrike about it. Giving the go ahead to kill inf would have almost certainly resulted in Inf's death if not for diqnol's "heroism."

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm sure I could find it through votefinder but I don't remember offhand, sorry

Btw peoplefolk this is my apex posting for the whole game, after today I won't be on a computer at all and gently caress mafia phone poo poo

I play exclusively from my phone so pardon my hatred of this bull poo poo excuse to lurk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm just telling you what's going to happen, what you do with that is up to you

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm just telling you what's going to happen, what you do with that is up to you

Why would you sign up for a game you're not going to play?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spiros posted:

Quark, I'll have you know I'm happy to be hung, I joined so this ball would roll faster for ya'll. I am town, though ^_^

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ur a weirdo, spiros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

PBS Newshour (3): Infinitum, Tremendous Taste, Spiros
Spiros (2): Samfucius, Truth Quark
JimsonTheBetrayer (1): PBS Newshour
Infinitum (1): Truth Quark, dongsbot 9000, Truth Quark
Pinterest Mom (0): Samfucius, Samfucius

Not Voting (12): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, Dugong, Iron Chef Ramen, JakeP, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Little Mac, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, Pinterest Mom, SirSamVimes

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

• Locked thread