Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So the only two people who haven't checked in yet are iajanus and MMT.

Also, this thread is so chill that we haven't even had a joke vote yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, I knew I forgot something

Let's turbo Tomm again

##vote Tomm

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah, this chillness is getting too heavy.

I want some analysis done on the other thread, I have some personal thoughts but if someone can compile their claims and post them that would be of help.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Unfortunately I think they're getting some good content out of PBS's hilarious vig. Whether or not to lynch her is a good question. But just because they got immediately hoisted out of jokephase doesn't mean we should have thread envy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Unfortunately I think they're getting some good content out of PBS's hilarious vig. Whether or not to lynch her is a good question. But just because they got immediately hoisted out of jokephase doesn't mean we should have thread envy.

I agree with this post. I don't really like the trend that's been happening where games immediately get jerked out of jokephase. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all of D1 should be a jokephase, but I also don't think all of D1 should be serious either.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yeah, this chillness is getting too heavy.

I want some analysis done on the other thread, I have some personal thoughts but if someone can compile their claims and post them that would be of help.

Also never comment on the other thread and accidentally clear someone, probably.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

BottleKnight posted:

Also never comment on the other thread and accidentally clear someone, probably.

Hence why I don't want to say anything myself, after the catapult incident.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah since you know who the scum team is, you should stay silent on the other thread. You wouldn't want to give them away.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

Tbf we did get a claim for that in return

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also I am incredibly focused, blue thread. I'm the most focused. When I become President, you won't believe how focused I'll be. I'm the best at being focused.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I don't know if my paranoia levels were quite justified but I really did everything in my power to say nothing about what was going on in the other thread in the last game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

I choose to believe that you 'cleared' Inf as a way to ensure that the other thread had to deal with him for the longest possible time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

TMMadman posted:

I choose to believe that you 'cleared' Inf as a way to ensure that the other thread had to deal with him for the longest possible time.

rip blue team

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The perfect crime.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gulag dead infi "cleared" its hell over there pour one out for our homies

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Oh, I knew I forgot something

Let's turbo Tomm again

##vote Tomm

this is a bad vote, that is it is a vote that is not good, for a good vote would be good and a bad vote would be bad and this vote is bad because it is a joke vote on another player which would ordinarily be good for we are still in the joking phase of the game however the person for whom you have voted is not a bad player and so this feels like a strange vote and strange is bad as any child can tell you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

The perfect crime.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

this is a bad vote, that is it is a vote that is not good, for a good vote would be good and a bad vote would be bad and this vote is bad because it is a joke vote on another player which would ordinarily be good for we are still in the joking phase of the game however the person for whom you have voted is not a bad player and so this feels like a strange vote and strange is bad as any child can tell you.

Do you not remember my top-down order to kill Tomm in the last soldiers game?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You, ecco, who has the memory of an elephant should remember that situation. Unless I'm reading your post entirely wrong because gently caress MOJO JOJO

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Do you not remember my top-down order to kill Tomm in the last soldiers game?

I do not remember any such order on your behalf but if there were such an order then it would bring your vote some sort of consistency because it would be in keeping with who you are as a person and not as a player which would imply that it is not because of your alignment in this game which could be traitor or town respectively since there are only two alignments, HOWEVER even if it had the appearance of consistency it would still not change that it is a bad vote, it would just be a bad vote that would not be reflective of your alignment necessarily, unless you are trying to hide your alignment by pretending to be who you normally are, which would be what scum do, however from this vote alone there is not enough to say that either way, which is why I did not vote for you as well I just called out your vote as bad.

Max posted:

You, ecco, who has the memory of an elephant should remember that situation. Unless I'm reading your post entirely wrong because gently caress MOJO JOJO

I will endeavor to explain my thoughts better, that is I will try to make them more clear to a third party, that is I will make my posts so explicit that there is no way for them to be misconstrued by any reasonable person who may read them, and I believe most if not all of us are reasonable people, that is we are capable of reading the same thing and inferring the same things from the things we have read, and so I, MOOOOCCO RAVO, want to have posts like that, and so I shall make them as clear as crystal, that is crystal which is ordinarily very clear as in transparent, I will not make my posts transparent for then one could not read them, but I metaphorically mean that my posts will be clear as in its interpretation will be obvious, not that it will literally be invisible to the naked eye.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

yeah that's gonna get annoying really quick, ecco

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

:agreed:

I'll be watching a movie for the next couple of hours. Hell or High Water.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chic Trombone posted:

then you are out of luck, which is to say that if you were hoping by chance I would not talk this way this game then you have lost for it is how I, mocco ravo, communicate this game, for it is important to make your posts understandable since miscommunication is bad since people intend to communicate ideas to one another and if they do not communicate them clearly it could cause misunderstandings.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I agree with this post. I don't really like the trend that's been happening where games immediately get jerked out of jokephase. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all of D1 should be a jokephase, but I also don't think all of D1 should be serious either.

##vote TMM :arghfist::j:

Just to warn people in advance, I'm working this whole weekend and I'm not really going to be able to delve into the game until Monday.

I probably shouldn't be put in combat.

EccoRaven posted:

I will endeavor to explain my thoughts better, that is I will try to make them more clear to a third party,

Podima posted:

There are no third parties.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I don't know about you, I fully understand Mocco-Ravo.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Also I am incredibly focused, blue thread. I'm the most focused. When I become President, you won't believe how focused I'll be. I'm the best at being focused.

Is this the start of a coup?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

This.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

It's understandable if you really focus on it, but that is more work then I want to do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Absurd Revolver posted:

mwahahahahahahahahahaha

is this a serious vote? are you making an actual vote against him or are you voting because you are making a joke in this the joking phase of the game??

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Other thread is super angry.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Wake up, soldiers!

Just because blue is in disarray, doesn't mean we should sit and laze around.

We need to find traitors. My trusted advisor has let me know to suspect two people in particular, who I will not name in hopes of not alerting them to their scumminess.

However this means that you all could be doing more to scum hunt! I want cases, people, even if they're weak. If I can re-read over and over, so can you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

it's kinda hard to have anything more than a gut call rn AR

like i have vibes about imgay bc he's been quieter than i remember, but that's about all i've got at this point :shrug:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok bad guys im coming 4 u

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM :arghfist::j:

Just to warn people in advance, I'm working this whole weekend and I'm not really going to be able to delve into the game until Monday.

I probably shouldn't be put in combat.

What? How dare you vote for me! And while I was watching a movie to boot!

Prepare yourself for the OMGUS! ##vote MMT

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

What? How dare you vote for me! And while I was watching a movie to boot!

Prepare yourself for the OMGUS! ##vote MMT

You were watching a movie instead of watching my team whoop you in the preseason? Sus as hell imo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Wake up, soldiers!

Just because blue is in disarray, doesn't mean we should sit and laze around.

We need to find traitors. My trusted advisor has let me know to suspect two people in particular, who I will not name in hopes of not alerting them to their scumminess.

However this means that you all could be doing more to scum hunt! I want cases, people, even if they're weak. If I can re-read over and over, so can you.

Alright, for a serious case, I don't really like Ecco's posting. While it isn't impossible to read, the style just makes my eyes want to glaze over it. I don't really think gimmick posting is very helpful past jokephase, so I hope Ecco doesn't plan on doing it for the full game.

Also, this post doesn't sit right with me because MMT is responding to my post about how there are no joke votes with a vote that I think is obviously a joke vote, so I don't know why Ecco feels the need to try and clarify it.

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahahahahahahahahaha

is this a serious vote? are you making an actual vote against him or are you voting because you are making a joke in this the joking phase of the game??

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

You were watching a movie instead of watching my team whoop you in the preseason? Sus as hell imo

Why would I watch preseason Bears football when I could be (and am now) watching regular season Cubs baseball instead?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Alright, for a serious case, I don't really like Ecco's posting. While it isn't impossible to read, the style just makes my eyes want to glaze over it. I don't really think gimmick posting is very helpful past jokephase, so I hope Ecco doesn't plan on doing it for the full game.

Also, this post doesn't sit right with me because MMT is responding to my post about how there are no joke votes with a vote that I think is obviously a joke vote, so I don't know why Ecco feels the need to try and clarify it.

Oh and just to try and head this off at the pass: I don't think this is really enough to drop a serious vote, but it is enough to bring up for discussion.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I also wish ecco wouldnt do it, but i doubt its gonna change so no point to keep talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

it's kinda hard to have anything more than a gut call rn AR

like i have vibes about imgay bc he's been quieter than i remember, but that's about all i've got at this point :shrug:

Chic, how is imgay being quieter than you remember when he has more posts than you? Also, why must you use the scummiest emote? It's very triggering!

• Locked thread