Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Well there's your problem right there. Bring a good frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Morglon posted:

Well there's your problem right there. Bring a good frame.

I know, that was the point. Why do some people like Oberon again? Health restore? Hallowed ground needs a huge buff and I have never seen any enemy actually confused by smite.

Also, Rhino is building, should I do Valkyr, Frost, or Banshee next?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Frost. Banshee's fun, but requires quite a bit of modding to really shine.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
I second Frost. Valkyr requires heavy modding.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why do some people like Oberon again?

He's a goat. In Space. Who is also an anime ninja.

Being cool is 95% more important than effectiveness in this game, because 95% of the content isn't that hard.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Randler posted:

He's a goat. In Space. Who is also an anime ninja.

Being cool is 95% more important than effectiveness in this game, because 95% of the content isn't that hard.

Yeah well I can see why I collected two full sets of blueprints before I got to Saturn. Frost's last piece is building and Rhino will be done in a day or so.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why do some people like Oberon again?
I like him because i can play with newbie friends and be able to reliably, cheaply and consistently heal them regardless of where they are.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:ducksiren: Animal Instinct mod alert on PC for the next 35 minutes. Newbies, get this mod. :ducksiren:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Yapping Eevee posted:

:ducksiren: Animal Instinct mod alert on PC for the next 35 minutes. Newbies, get this mod. :ducksiren:

Seriously, great mod.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tonkor took care of that mission. Oberon haters vacate.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Is Nightmare alert still a thing? I went on a Nightmare alert yesterday and couldn't figure what were the Nightmare penalties since we all had our shields, energy, health and normal gravity and enemies weren't very high level.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

wid posted:

Is Nightmare alert still a thing? I went on a Nightmare alert yesterday and couldn't figure what were the Nightmare penalties since we all had our shields, energy, health and normal gravity and enemies weren't very high level.

Now and then a nightmare alert will just randomly roll for no penalties whatsoever.

Edit: did everybody have that planet completely cleared? I think if one or more people don't, it goes for the standard mission.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Nightmare alerts only use the no shields penalty, you won't get any of the other types.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can buy either Primed Reach or Sands of Inaros for the Inaros Warframe from Baro what's his face on PS4.

Should I bother with Inaros? He seems kinda difficult to use although I do have Rage already which works perfectly with him.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Should I bother with Inaros? He seems kinda difficult to use although I do have Rage already which works perfectly with him.
Inaros is perhaps the most incredibly easy warframe to use, really. Vitality and Vigor for health, Steel Fiber and Armored Agility for armour, Rage, then whatever the hell you want. In missions, just set up his 4 and then blind dudes with 1 to melee finisher them. (Each one restores 20% of Inaros' max health.) Inaros will work especially well with a Covert Lethality dagger for this reason.

3 is decent crowd control, 2 is a good way to eat one big enemy. It even works on stuff like Bursas.

Primed Reach is also good poo poo though, and you can buy Inaros next fortnight if you can't farm up enough this time around.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I can buy either Primed Reach or Sands of Inaros for the Inaros Warframe from Baro what's his face on PS4.

Buy Primed Reach now and Sands of Inaros next time. Inaros quest is a vonstant in Baro's wares. PReach, if maxed, is fantastic on most weapons. Frankly, all of my go-to melee has PReach because I absolutely despise pressing attack and not hit enemies/boxes.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

wid posted:

Buy Primed Reach now and Sands of Inaros next time. Inaros quest is a vonstant in Baro's wares. PReach, if maxed, is fantastic on most weapons. Frankly, all of my go-to melee has PReach because I absolutely despise pressing attack and not hit enemies/boxes.

Done and done. Roomie sold ash prime systems to make it happen though, was not pleased.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Done and done. Roomie sold ash prime systems to make it happen though, was not pleased.

primed reach is way more useful than ash prime, tell him to get over it

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Just tried Pox with Saryn out and :stare:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Pox don't seem too different from the torrid but I'm not 100% sure.

A weapon that leaves a gas cloud right?

Yeah i've always been a big supporter of torrid formaed up and saryn because you just use molt and launch gas at it and keep sporing or just shoot on into a crowd and watch them slowly melt.

Actually it might be worse because
"Unlike the Torid, sacs explode on impact and do not stick to surfaces." Torid is nasty when it hits, like the thing will probably die, but the AOE can be launched just in front of an oncoming crowd. Give it a shot.

The simoltor is likely still best though due to its raw damage.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Yeah, Pox is super good, on anyone, but especially on Saryn. Only downside that I've seen is that it needs +max ammo or pistol mutation mods, like severely.

Want a fun time, give them to sortie defense dudes. CLOUDS EVERYWHERE

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Another good mod alert, Blaze is available for the next 50 minutes on PC.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
PSA: For anyone who's not been getting offers from their warframe.market postings make sure you set yourself as 'Online' at the bottom of the website cause immediately after I did that today it's been completely loving popping off. I made 800 plat today :woop

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
How should I build a soma? Just more crit damage?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gently caress rank 10 -> 11 it's been 8 failures for me now. It's just not possible I don't loving get it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

gently caress rank 10 -> 11 it's been 8 failures for me now. It's just not possible I don't loving get it.
...Is it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfTd6L7RL2s

What part are you failing at?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

more like dICK posted:

How should I build a soma? Just more crit damage?

Here's mine. There are some people that prefer running argon scope instead of bladed rounds, but I tend to use this more of an anti-crowd weapon, and it still does fucktons of damage on headshots if you aim a little high. If you somehow have neither of those mods, hammer shot will work well.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Train in the dojo's obstacle course. Read up on parkour 2.0 if you don't grok it on your own. These tests are basically designed to check if you actually ever learned how to play the game.

Also make sure you're running at least at 60 fps at all times, with vsync off. (ingame frame limiter is ok)

These tests are super trivial for the most part if you have a rough idea of what you're doing and aren't playing on a potato.

Also practice the tests in Simaris' den.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sockpuppetclock posted:

...Is it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfTd6L7RL2s

What part are you failing at?

Holy loving christ I had no idea it was so long. I've never even made it into the building! I normally just overshoot a platform or run out of time looking for the next one. I'm never going to finish this one :(

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Holy loving christ I had no idea it was so long. I've never even made it into the building! I normally just overshoot a platform or run out of time looking for the next one. I'm never going to finish this one :(

I don't know which part in particular you have problems with, but have you considered running the test as Zephyr? Her slower falling speed might help you correct mistakes and one of her powers (1, IIRC) allows for additional fast mobility in a pinch.

(Or maybe Titania can just fly through everything now, not sure of that, though.)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I normally just overshoot a platform
Very strong indicator that you're simply not good enough with the movement system yet and need to learn how to get around quickly and accurately. That might be an occasional occurence, but should not be a "normally" at this point anymore.

Edit: Rule of thumb: If you spend more time walking/running than butt-scooting/sliding/bullet-jumping, then you're being a LOT slower than you could be.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 27, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can practice the mastery tests in the relays, just practice it til you get it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man I need to update all my weapons. Things have changed so much.

for right now I think I need to mainly focus on getting mastery up because daaang Rakta Cernos looks nice.

I made some Hikou with Throw Fast + Throw Fast And Throw More + Throw Even More + Concealed Explosives and they are extremely hilarious and irresponsible and I love them.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I read somewhere that the Hikou Prime + fire rate + concealed explosives + multishot is actually super good on operatives, because they have infinite ammo and no self-damage.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I was incredibly disappointed when I found out that Hikou Prime were slower than Hikou because dang what's the point of Hikou that don't throw stupid fast

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
hik p already throw so goddamn fast though...

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

Very strong indicator that you're simply not good enough with the movement system yet and need to learn how to get around quickly and accurately. That might be an occasional occurence, but should not be a "normally" at this point anymore.

Edit: Rule of thumb: If you spend more time walking/running than butt-scooting/sliding/bullet-jumping, then you're being a LOT slower than you could be.

no its a lot more that those platforms are loving unforgiving and you don't need movement so precise in ANY other part of the game AND they reduced the time from when people could use loki to cheese it. Sliding too much can fail the exam pretty easy because some of the platforms have no room for overshooting.

This is one of the few times get good scrub doesn't work when nothing else in the game is like "lol do this precision test with no forgiveness what so ever and 1 try and falling takes up half the time you started with. (12 seconds)

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Take it in parts, use something like the hek and practice it in the relays.

Unlike all other tests, (most being a joke, like 12 which gives you 3 loving tries) this one gives you one shot and falls are basically a "well better luck next time".

Shoot all the orbs, use a lot of bullet jumping, dont double jump unless its to correct yourself.

The platforms aren't super easy to see either.

Just keep in mind the mastery you build even after you fail keeps stacking even if you fail the test, so I literally had the test for 12 the next day and beat it in 1 try.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 28, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

I was incredibly disappointed when I found out that Hikou Prime were slower than Hikou because dang what's the point of Hikou that don't throw stupid fast

go for the pistol mod that increases multi barrel and speed they are thrown

toss on concealed explosive.

lol.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Started today at 200p and no new prime parts but the common ones for galatine and nekros, now everything is building and I'm up to 576p from selling random poo poo I got while farming traces with pubs :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

no its a lot more that those platforms are loving unforgiving and you don't need movement so precise in ANY other part of the game AND they reduced the time from when people could use loki to cheese it. Sliding too much can fail the exam pretty easy because some of the platforms have no room for overshooting.

This is one of the few times get good scrub doesn't work when nothing else in the game is like "lol do this precision test with no forgiveness what so ever and 1 try and falling takes up half the time you started with. (12 seconds)
I disagree entirely, except for the "game doesn't require precision" part. (Yeah, it doesn't require, but it sure helps for not being half the level behind everyone at all times.)

As long as your machine has at least 60 FPS, and you don't have anything inhibiting your input latency (vsync, lovely mouse, problems with your hands) it is fairly easy to quickly learn the minimum skills needed to make it through this test. You don't need to cheese this in any way, and it's quite forgiving in giving you plenty of things to shoot to get extra time.

Just to demonstrate, two videos of a rhino doing the test (no armored agility or rush, this is with the 0.95 speed multiplier) and the mk1 braton, and ending up with lots of spare time. I don't think i'm doing any kind of high precision pro level gameplay there and gently caress around a good bit instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seoEyjNDyvw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTQ2rYq3YE