Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mayor Glowku posted:

Melee is fine. PM is very much an improved game. 4 is great too. 64 is still the undisputed best. Cloud combat

Cloud is only playable in Smash4.

I would gladly turbo Diqnol because that would be funny. I think we should only kill fun and established players.

Which means I'll die somewhere near the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Cloud is only playable in Smash4.

I would gladly turbo Diqnol because that would be funny. I think we should only kill fun and established players.

Which means I'll die somewhere near the end of the game.

There is no town reason to turbo.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

People do things for fun.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

People do things for fun.

That doesn't make it smart.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

There is no town reason to turbo.

There is also no town reason to dayvig at the start of day 1, especially in a soldiers game where immediately losing a player places us at a disadvantage relative to the red team.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

There is also no town reason to dayvig at the start of day 1, especially in a soldiers game where immediately losing a player places us at a disadvantage relative to the red team.

Little Mac isn't talking about turboing PBS though, he's talking about Spiros. I understand the reasoning, because wtf dude, but still.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

That doesn't make it smart.

sure, but being a scold to people who aren't playing strictly to maximise their chances to win isn't going to help anyone win the game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao at ar's "i have in an envelope two scummy names", who does he think he's kidding

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure, but being a scold to people who aren't playing strictly to maximise their chances to win isn't going to help anyone win the game

I'm not trying to scold, and I'm sorry if it came off that way, I just kinda remember Little Mac being new(ish, unless I'm wrong and if so, apologies) and wanted to point it out.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, apparently Little Mac isn't new I've just never seen them in my three months of playing. My bad.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Hello, I used my head and I now know CPig is playing for Team Red.

##vote cpig

soccer ball

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote cpig

soccer ball

Hmm yes interesting why do you think this friend dongsbutt?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Little Mac isn't talking about turboing PBS though, he's talking about Spiros. I understand the reasoning, because wtf dude, but still.

I conflated turboing and vigging because I just woke up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Turboing can be pro town, especially in situations with motivated large scumteams or players like myself who can weasel out of solid lynches

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

Hmm yes interesting why do you think this friend dongsbutt?

soccer ball

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Turboing can be pro town, especially in situations with motivated large scumteams or players like myself who can weasel out of solid lynches

But without the scum hunting part it's basically just a random numbers game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see that here

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

Its really not its more actually a more likely town thing to do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:eyepop:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Spiros posted:

PM is better I agree but actually am surprised you know what it is

A couple coworkers and I play it after work a lot. It's very fun, I love charizard and ike. Don't play competitive though because the smash community is objectively the worst / most aut

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote taste

Diqnol and taste are so focused on this one thing (to the point diqnol says it would take something epic to get him to change his vote) that is the most null tell ever. loving town vig instantly shoots off his vig and hits town, WELL I NEVER!

I would vote either of them at this point, but taste is trying to twist it into something it isnt, and its been a gradual evolution to get there. He started off by saying "At the worst its a stupid anti-town move!" and now he has evolved that to "It is scummy!" Dude is just trying to feign scum hunting by going after someone who made a faux pas, and usually the people doing that are more likely scum than the player who just goes and kills someone immediately.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Try reading that again, Jake. It didn't say what you thought it did.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

eye pop all day but town is more likely to say yolo and shoot off a vig they think will be funny, than scum is to just shoot someone right away for nothing, because in a game this size it brings a lot of attention to you really early. Id go as far as to say PBS is probably town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think this matches capps' scum style pretty easily, but tbh I don't really care if she's not. We're immediately at a disadvantage both from losing a town player and from wasting a vig that could have made a real difference later in a game that hinges on having just that one more player to send into battle

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Try reading that again, Jake. It didn't say what you thought it did.

where is my disconnect?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Followed by a full day of saying Capps is scum, which started the whole meta argument. Are you not reading?

Disagree with me as you please but your vote is founded on things I never said. In truth, I said quite the opposite

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think capps is scum, and I think you are taking advantage of what happened to tunnel on one player today for something that 90% of town vigs do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

I would vote either of them at this point, but taste is trying to twist it into something it isnt, and its been a gradual evolution to get there. He started off by saying "At the worst its a stupid anti-town move!" and now he has evolved that to "It is scummy!" Dude is just trying to feign scum hunting by going after someone who made a faux pas, and usually the people doing that are more likely scum than the player who just goes and kills someone immediately.

Bonding mine obviously.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You haven't really been paying attention if you're town, and your poo poo is weak if you're scum, so I'm not inclined to give you the time of day

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Honestly we should just lynch Spiros.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see scum diqnol motivation here at all

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't see scum diqnol motivation here at all

That's not the point. The point is he is going to be gone for the rest of the game and is completely useless in the brawls if he's not around.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Motivation for what, exactly? The only thing he's accused of is posting like he has a checklist of town things to do. I've been more satisfied with his more recent posting but the early posts still rub me the wrong way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

That's not the point. The point is he is going to be gone for the rest of the game and is completely useless in the brawls if he's not around.

Didn't he only say he'd post less?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Motivation for what, exactly? The only thing he's accused of is posting like he has a checklist of town things to do. I've been more satisfied with his more recent posting but the early posts still rub me the wrong way.

He's argued pretty heavily against Capps and not a whole lot else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote cpig

soccer ball

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm sure I could find it through votefinder but I don't remember offhand, sorry

Btw peoplefolk this is my apex posting for the whole game, after today I won't be on a computer at all and gently caress mafia phone poo poo

This pretty much says "I'm not posting anymore" to me.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

##vote tt

I agree with jake here. I think cpig just made a stupid move

Better dead than red

Better dead than red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark