Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good morning everyone, I got a busy day today of ordering pizza and playing titanfall 2 demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I also wish ecco wouldnt do it, but i doubt its gonna change so no point to keep talking about it.

Why shouldn't we talk about it? If multiple people bring up the fact that they don't like the way she is posting, don't you think Ecco should think about changing the style?

If she's town and the way she's posting is annoying people then her message is going to get lost because people are just going to skip right over her posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And finally, just for a trip report: Hell or High Water was a pretty good movie. Good performances by everyone and a good little story.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Chic, how is imgay being quieter than you remember when he has more posts than you? Also, why must you use the scummiest emote? It's very triggering!

I like the shruggy emote! Also more posts than me =/= as many posts as I remember him having when I used to play more frequently

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

like i think he's been being quiet for imgay and don't really see what my post count has to do with that metric??

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how i been quite? i only bgeen awake for an hour

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

I like the shruggy emote! Also more posts than me =/= as many posts as I remember him having when I used to play more frequently

Ehh, fair enough. You haven't been playing as much lately but he generally hasn't been posting as much as when I first started playing. I think I'd be more worried about him if was quieter right now because he's been really lurky as scum lately.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Good work TMM.

It's time for me to TURN UP THE HEAT.

THE SHADOW OF CRAZY HAND FALLS UPON....

Tell me KB, your posting suggests to me some serious qualms.

First off:

King Burgundy posted:

This is totally the better thread.

King Burgundy posted:

Other thread is super angry.

You're paying a loooot of attention to the other thread. A little bit of cross thread watching is good, but too much suggests you have some investment in what goes on there...something a TRAITOR TO THE RED CAUSE might do.

Also:

King Burgundy posted:

Is this the start of a coup?

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, Rad team and Boo team.

I feel like you're cheerleading for me a little TOO hard here. Trying to HIDE SOMETHING?!

That's all I've got for now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

like i think he's been being quiet for imgay and don't really see what my post count has to do with that metric??

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have brought up your own posting because I know you tend to be towards the bottom of the post count regardless of your alignment.

Sometimes I just see that whole 'he/she is being quiet!' argument and automatically look at post counts to compare.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
mwahahhaa, TMMadman has revealed his true intentions!! his posting is fake, that is, it is not real, that is, it is constructed to sound real but upon closer examination, which I have conducted, I can say that it is not real, that is, it is fake!!

TMMadman posted:

Alright, for a serious case, I don't really like Ecco's posting. While it isn't impossible to read, the style just makes my eyes want to glaze over it. I don't really think gimmick posting is very helpful past jokephase, so I hope Ecco doesn't plan on doing it for the full game.

Also, this post doesn't sit right with me because MMT is responding to my post about how there are no joke votes with a vote that I think is obviously a joke vote, so I don't know why Ecco feels the need to try and clarify it.

this post is a fake post, and I, mecco ravo, have discovered it! for one thing TMM says that he wants to vote me because of my manner of speaking, that is the way in which I am speaking offends him, however he does so while saying that he can still understand what I, mecco ravo, am saying! it would be one thing if I am speaking in such a way as to obfuscate my meaning, that is to say, that I am being unclear or hidden about my words and intentions, for that would be the kind of thing that scum would do, since scum have to hide their thoughts or else fake new ones because scum are fakers and liars. but if he does not like the way I talk and has that be a basis for his suspicion then he is saying I should be voted for despite being clear in my speech and intentions and that is bad because it is an attempt to remove a powerful town player from the game, which I, mecco ravo, am most certainly am!

he also presents MMT's vote on him in a false light, that is he talks about it in a way that is not reflective in reality! MMT voted him for saying he wished the jokevote phase to last longer, that is, TMM said he wished that we would take mafia less seriously and joke around longer, which is a bad opinion in the first place because mafia would prefer their games to be less serious since they can hide better since they will not be expected to produce content which as I said earlier is difficult for scum because they have to fake all their content. MMT then voted for TMM based on that reason and yet TMM presents MMT's vote as a response to TMM saying there have been no jokevotes yet when in reality she did no such thing, and that is evident from clicking her post and reading the quoted reason why she voted!!

mwahahahahahaha.

furthermore I believe it was scummy of TMM to announce that he would be leaving for an afternoon to watch a movie, that is I believe that it was behavior scum would have been more likely to do than town because town would not feel the need to explain why they weren't posting for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon but scum would feel the need because scum are inherently insecure because scum are faking everything and so an insecure person would provide reasons for why they are gone while a secure person would not have especially considering it is a Saturday and it would be only for a few hours which ordinarily people would be enjoying their weekend outside rather than sitting in front of a computer screen playing a mafia game and so it would not be surprising for anyone let alone TMM to disappear for a short time over a weekend and so it was unnecessary for him to announce he would be gone and I, mecco ravo, believe that is a sign that he is faking content!!!!

and so without further ado and without any greater delay than that which is necessary because our time is very finite and this post has already gone on for longer than most would expect during a day 1 post and I understand my readers of whom there are many dozens of loyal and dedicated followers have very busy lives and would prefer I get to the point quickly:

##vote tmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Chic, how is imgay being quieter than you remember when he has more posts than you? Also, why must you use the scummiest emote? It's very triggering!

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Podima, you have no idea how hard it is to not respond to this post in the sign up thread:

Podima posted:

:siren: PLAYERS: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN UNTIL THE GAME CONCLUDES :siren:

with:

Okay!

(it's a Simpsons joke)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

You're paying a loooot of attention to the other thread. A little bit of cross thread watching is good, but too much suggests you have some investment in what goes on there...something a TRAITOR TO THE RED CAUSE might do.

I read most mafia games. Of course I'm going to fully read the game I'm in.

Absurd Revolver posted:

I feel like you're cheerleading for me a little TOO hard here. Trying to HIDE SOMETHING?!

No, this is just totally the better group of people to play with.

To be honest, I'm not super invested in who wins between you and Lil D, other then just the normal mafia stuff. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahhaa, TMMadman has revealed his true intentions!! his posting is fake, that is, it is not real, that is, it is constructed to sound real but upon closer examination, which I have conducted, I can say that it is not real, that is, it is fake!!

this post is a fake post, and I, mecco ravo, have discovered it! for one thing TMM says that he wants to vote me because of my manner of speaking, that is the way in which I am speaking offends him, however he does so while saying that he can still understand what I, mecco ravo, am saying! it would be one thing if I am speaking in such a way as to obfuscate my meaning, that is to say, that I am being unclear or hidden about my words and intentions, for that would be the kind of thing that scum would do, since scum have to hide their thoughts or else fake new ones because scum are fakers and liars. but if he does not like the way I talk and has that be a basis for his suspicion then he is saying I should be voted for despite being clear in my speech and intentions and that is bad because it is an attempt to remove a powerful town player from the game, which I, mecco ravo, am most certainly am!

he also presents MMT's vote on him in a false light, that is he talks about it in a way that is not reflective in reality! MMT voted him for saying he wished the jokevote phase to last longer, that is, TMM said he wished that we would take mafia less seriously and joke around longer, which is a bad opinion in the first place because mafia would prefer their games to be less serious since they can hide better since they will not be expected to produce content which as I said earlier is difficult for scum because they have to fake all their content. MMT then voted for TMM based on that reason and yet TMM presents MMT's vote as a response to TMM saying there have been no jokevotes yet when in reality she did no such thing, and that is evident from clicking her post and reading the quoted reason why she voted!!

mwahahahahahaha.

furthermore I believe it was scummy of TMM to announce that he would be leaving for an afternoon to watch a movie, that is I believe that it was behavior scum would have been more likely to do than town because town would not feel the need to explain why they weren't posting for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon but scum would feel the need because scum are inherently insecure because scum are faking everything and so an insecure person would provide reasons for why they are gone while a secure person would not have especially considering it is a Saturday and it would be only for a few hours which ordinarily people would be enjoying their weekend outside rather than sitting in front of a computer screen playing a mafia game and so it would not be surprising for anyone let alone TMM to disappear for a short time over a weekend and so it was unnecessary for him to announce he would be gone and I, mecco ravo, believe that is a sign that he is faking content!!!!

and so without further ado and without any greater delay than that which is necessary because our time is very finite and this post has already gone on for longer than most would expect during a day 1 post and I understand my readers of whom there are many dozens of loyal and dedicated followers have very busy lives and would prefer I get to the point quickly:

##vote tmm

You seem awfully worried about someone bringing up your posting style. Do you really expect anyone to read all that and make sense of it?

You call my posting fake, but yours is much faker and designed to be hard to read.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

*Cries in the corner about scummy emotes*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

Oh, I knew I forgot something

Let's turbo Tomm again

##vote Tomm

okay ##vote tmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

words.

##vote tmm

##vote Ecco

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM :arghfist::j:

Just to warn people in advance, I'm working this whole weekend and I'm not really going to be able to delve into the game until Monday.

I probably shouldn't be put in combat.

Yeah ecco your reasoning doesn't follow here. MMT never gave a reason for her vote and in my opinion it is in no way "evident" from her post that she's voting him for taking mafia not seriously enough or whatever

If someone's fakeposting and misconstruing situations here it's you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Morning am.

Can someone tell me if EccoRaven is on a pr or something?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

tithin posted:

Morning am.

seems like a self-imposed mojo jojo pr, yeah

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

Morning am.

It's a self administered PR.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

You seem awfully worried about someone bringing up your posting style. Do you really expect anyone to read all that and make sense of it?

You call my posting fake, but yours is much faker and designed to be hard to read.

mwahahhaa another fake response from the TMSadman!!! my posts may be longer than yours but they are only harder to read because they are longer not because my meaning is hidden or unclear because my meaning is very clear indeed that is to say I do not think anyone can reasonably read my posts and say that they are uncertain what I mean in them! And now you are avoiding responding to my actual case against you probably because the case is so air-tight and so you are focusing entirely on the tone and length of my posts rather than the words in them, that is to say you are focusing on the amount of the words rather than the words themselves, which is a thing that scum would be more likely to do than town!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chic Trombone posted:

Yeah ecco your reasoning doesn't follow here. MMT never gave a reason for her vote and in my opinion it is in no way "evident" from her post that she's voting him for taking mafia not seriously enough or whatever

If someone's fakeposting and misconstruing situations here it's you

if you actually click through MMT's post you see that the quoted portion of her post was this:

TMMadman posted:

I agree with this post. I don't really like the trend that's been happening where games immediately get jerked out of jokephase. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all of D1 should be a jokephase, but I also don't think all of D1 should be serious either.

one can infer very reasonably that the purpose of her vote was in response to this sentiment since her vote was immediately after this quoted portion here! TMM says MMT's vote was for this post when it is very clearly not that way at all!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't know about Mojo, but like JoJo there is much posing in Ecco's posts

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah honestly you can read like the first and last lines and get the whole idea being conveyed.

For a mafia idiot like me, I appreciate Ecco's need to repeat themselves over and over again because I often miss the subtlety of people's posts. Not possible with this pr.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Chic Trombone posted:

seems like a self-imposed mojo jojo pr, yeah

:psyduck:

Well, that's not going to get one fast or anything.

I'll level with people, I've got nothing right now, just woke up.

I don't think EccoRaven is scum right now but the pr is going to get old af real fast, so could you maybe drop it please?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahhaa another fake response from the TMSadman!!! my posts may be longer than yours but they are only harder to read because they are longer not because my meaning is hidden or unclear because my meaning is very clear indeed that is to say I do not think anyone can reasonably read my posts and say that they are uncertain what I mean in them! And now you are avoiding responding to my actual case against you probably because the case is so air-tight and so you are focusing entirely on the tone and length of my posts rather than the words in them, that is to say you are focusing on the amount of the words rather than the words themselves, which is a thing that scum would be more likely to do than town!!!

I'm not responding to it because it's complete garbage.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving autocorrect

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tommunist posted:

I also wish ecco wouldnt do it, but i doubt its gonna change so no point to keep talking about it.

lol a bad post

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I'm not responding to it because it's complete garbage.

IT IS NOT GARBAGE, HOW DARE YOU CALL IT GARBAGE!! I, Mooooocco Ravo, will not stand for you to call it garbage when it is anything but garbage! garbage is smelly and sticky and can easily be discarded, but my case against you can-NOT be easily discarded for it touches on your behavior this game and explains why that behavior is more likely to be from scum than town!

the case summarized below with shorter bullet points that are easier to read for people whose time is too precious to fully appreciate the broader points that I discussed above in ways that were again very clear to anyone who bothered to read them!

- you continually attack the way I speak this game over the substance despite repeatedly saying that it is very clear what I am saying!!

- you falsely presented MMT's vote on you, which you then used that false light to case aspersions against me, Mocco Ravo, the best scumhunter in the game! this is bad because it is scummy because it is something scum would be more likely to do than town because scum must fake all their content!

- you announced you would be leaving the thread for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, which was not necessary and in truth was quite awkward since a secure town player would not feel the need to make such an excuse but an insecure scum would!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I suspect mocha ravo actually = the bob

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco's posting is very good, please accept it for the performance art is it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

IT IS NOT GARBAGE, HOW DARE YOU CALL IT GARBAGE!! I, Mooooocco Ravo, will not stand for you to call it garbage when it is anything but garbage! garbage is smelly and sticky and can easily be discarded, but my case against you can-NOT be easily discarded for it touches on your behavior this game and explains why that behavior is more likely to be from scum than town!

the case summarized below with shorter bullet points that are easier to read for people whose time is too precious to fully appreciate the broader points that I discussed above in ways that were again very clear to anyone who bothered to read them!

- you continually attack the way I speak this game over the substance despite repeatedly saying that it is very clear what I am saying!!

- you falsely presented MMT's vote on you, which you then used that false light to case aspersions against me, Mocco Ravo, the best scumhunter in the game! this is bad because it is scummy because it is something scum would be more likely to do than town because scum must fake all their content!

- you announced you would be leaving the thread for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, which was not necessary and in truth was quite awkward since a secure town player would not feel the need to make such an excuse but an insecure scum would!

This is completely bullshit. I have never said it's very clear what you are saying. I said it wasn't impossible to read, just difficult. So you are completely mis-characterizing that point.

I think MMTs vote was obviously a joke. You are free to disagree if you so choose, but the whole :arghfist::j: kind of gives it away as a joke.

Announcing that in the thread isn't scummy. I was bored and sharing my day with the thread just before the previews were about to start.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Ooh, that's a good point. I'll have to reread him.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

BottleKnight posted:

Ecco's posting is very good, please accept it for the performance art is it

BottleKnight posted:

lol a bad post

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Max posted:

Oh, I knew I forgot something

Let's turbo Tomm again

##vote Tomm

this man is blood thirsty wtf

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

This is completely bullshit. I have never said it's very clear what you are saying. I said it wasn't impossible to read, just difficult. So you are completely mis-characterizing that point.

I think MMTs vote was obviously a joke. You are free to disagree if you so choose, but the whole :arghfist::j: kind of gives it away as a joke.

Announcing that in the thread isn't scummy. I was bored and sharing my day with the thread just before the previews were about to start.

- I never said you said my posts were impossible to read, I said you were mainly attacking the presentation of my posts, that is to say the way I am typing them rather than the actual content of the posts themselves, and I feel that much is evident from your posts since this is your first time attempting to respond to the content of my posts. furthermore that is a scummy thing to do that is it is the kind of behavior more often done by scum because it gives you an excuse from addressing the substance of my post which as an expert scumhunter I, mocco ravo, can confirm is very valid.

- it does not matter if MMT's post is a joke or not, again you mischaracterize my point against you! what matters is that you presented MMT's vote on you falsely in order to incriminate me further, that is to say you fabricated evidence in order to construct a case against me, which is scummy not only because I am town and obviously so but because it was just as obvious why MMT was voting for you whether a joke or sincerely!

- it is scummy because it was awkward and unnecessary and town rarely feel the need to explain why they will be absent but instead scum who are insecure more often do!

it is not open and shut that is to say it is not something I would bet a large sum of money over that is to say I am not with absolute confidence in it but the evidence as it is presented through my posts and through yours it strongly suggests you're more likely to be scum than town!

mwahahahaha

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Ooh, that's a good point. I'll have to reread him.

I don't think it's a good point at all. Both town and scum often announce when they won't be posting, even if it's just for a couple hours.

It was less about me announcing that I was going to be gone for a couple hours than it was to see if anyone would say something about Hell or High Water while I was watching it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

EccoRaven posted:

- I never said you said my posts were impossible to read, I said you were mainly attacking the presentation of my posts, that is to say the way I am typing them rather than the actual content of the posts themselves, and I feel that much is evident from your posts since this is your first time attempting to respond to the content of my posts. furthermore that is a scummy thing to do that is it is the kind of behavior more often done by scum because it gives you an excuse from addressing the substance of my post which as an expert scumhunter I, mocco ravo, can confirm is very valid.

- it does not matter if MMT's post is a joke or not, again you mischaracterize my point against you! what matters is that you presented MMT's vote on you falsely in order to incriminate me further, that is to say you fabricated evidence in order to construct a case against me, which is scummy not only because I am town and obviously so but because it was just as obvious why MMT was voting for you whether a joke or sincerely!

- it is scummy because it was awkward and unnecessary and town rarely feel the need to explain why they will be absent but instead scum who are insecure more often do!

it is not open and shut that is to say it is not something I would bet a large sum of money over that is to say I am not with absolute confidence in it but the evidence as it is presented through my posts and through yours it strongly suggests you're more likely to be scum than town!

mwahahahaha

Consideration: is it possible you're both town who are tripping over each other looking for scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

tithin posted:

Consideration: is it possible you're both town who are tripping over each other looking for scum?

who is scum then tithin

• Locked thread