Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Zzulu posted:

amputees are gross

but i will fight to the death for their right to be amputees

I'll take it a step further and fight for the people who want to gently caress the amputees. Amputee fetishism is the hill I choose to die upon and I'm armed with a limitless ability to keep trying to reason long after people have tired of me and just want me to shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

I'll take it a step further and fight for the people who want to gently caress the amputees. Amputee fetishism is the hill I choose to die upon and I'm armed with a limitless ability to keep trying to reason long after people have tired of me and just want me to shut up.

your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on

just the way I like it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Li Dawny posted:

I get what you're meaning, and this kinda piggy backs onto the whole 'societal pressure' thing, but finding clothing for a post-mastectomy non reconstructed woman is fairly difficult. I mean, men's clothing is an option, but for something like a wedding or an actual formal event?

Yes, some things like that are factors (and it isn't realistic to cater to every body type in every kind of clothing available, e.g. very few clothing lines make clothes that can be worn by dwarves), but that again could apply in purely "cosmetic" situations, such as women who genuinely have essentially nonexistent breasts. It's complicated and there are no good answers. I've had braces and multiple plastic surgery procedures, one of which was cosmetic-for-now (but would become necessary later, my mother has hers scheduled for example) and the other was entirely cosmetic. I just wish it were more broadly understood that the social pressure to map to a certain "regular" appearance drives a lot of these behaviors, and is both subtle and insidious.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

"Being married to a woman without legs has some challenges, but they are worth it because whenever I think about how she lost get legs and about her struggles as an amputee living in this world catered to people that can walk I get rock hard and want to gently caress her senseless. She's so lucky to have me. I'm a compassionate person."

My friend in particular, whose disability is very visible (one leg), hates it because she thinks it's more of a "I'm a good person!" fetish than anything. Like how excited they are to be a savior when she's totally competent on her own and would just like a partner like everyone else, not a live-in caretaker who fucks her pussy.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

My friend in particular, whose disability is very visible (one leg), hates it because she thinks it's more of a "I'm a good person!" fetish than anything. Like how excited they are to be a savior when she's totally competent on her own and would just like a partner like everyone else, not a live-in caretaker who fucks her pussy.

One leg missing ain't so bad. I can see how people would get pretty insecure about it. Don't think I'd be bothered too much by it as the legs are the last places I look.

I think the best thing for someone to do for her is to relate to her on something that doesn't involve sex, playing soccer, or her deformity if you would call it that.

I met a deaf girl I was extremely attracted to. Problem was I couldn't communicate with her adequately enough. I have since then resolved myself to learning sign.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Heath posted:

No he didn't you loving idiot, he's saying having a physical deformity shouldn't be treated or talked about like an aesthetics death sentence. You might personally find it creepy but you're also not in the position of being an amputee and people have different wants and emotional needs. He's saying that you're more likely to have a successful relationship if someone is physically attracted to you, which is true of all people, and we all are more attracted to certain features than others. Simply having a fetish doesn't preclude having an emotionally fulfilling relationship (see: couples who are into S&M stuff, which is arguably a lot more destructive than someone getting a boner for a girl missing her leg, assuming he doesn't then cut off the other one)

Thankyou! Also it is a good thing to enjoy caring for and supporting your partner whether they are disabled or not. I like to cook a meal for someone who doesn't have time or the ability, it doesn't mean I think they are a pathetic baby person. I like being able to comfort and support the emotional needs of my partner. The opportunity to do that is literally one of the reasons I want to be in relationships, and I'm amazed to hear it said that it automatically means I'm looking down on women. I'd obviously like them to be able to reciprocate, which implies equality. If you are that adverse to men who enjoy supporting women I can see why your dating life may have left you bitter towards the entire gender.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
It's because you want to be appreciated in any endeavor. Whether it be cooking for someone who doesn't know how to cook or loving someone who someone wouldn't normally find attractive.

I totally agree with letting people just be themselves and see where things go. Fact is, don't bring up poo poo that people are insecure about whether it be freckles, missing limbs, big foreheads etc. Just be a decent human being about it.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Salty Josh posted:

Fact is, don't bring up poo poo that people are insecure about whether it be freckles, missing limbs, big foreheads etc.

I think that Trump's little hands are a reasonable exception to this.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Salty Josh posted:

It's because you want to be appreciated in any endeavor. Whether it be cooking for someone who doesn't know how to cook or loving someone who someone wouldn't normally find attractive.

If I have to avoid all kind actions for fear that I am only doing it in order to be appreciated than I will make my last kind action the act of secluding myself from all human interaction and especially dating. Some people are genuinely kind. Some people have fetishes. I assume there is some overlap in the venn diagram. I can't be sure about that though because my real fetish is making people angry at me for questioning the unlovability of the disabled.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

skander posted:

I think that Trump's little hands are a reasonable exception to this.

Dude. that's because I almost mentioned that. drat. His hands are relatively tiny.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

If I have to avoid all kind actions for fear that I am only doing it in order to be appreciated than I will make my last kind action the act of secluding myself from all human interaction and especially dating. Some people are genuinely kind. Some people have fetishes. I assume there is some overlap in the venn diagram. I can't be sure about that though because my real fetish is making people angry at me for questioning the unlovability of the disabled.

That's some pretty real poo poo right there.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moon Atari posted:

If I have to avoid all kind actions for fear that I am only doing it in order to be appreciated than I will make my last kind action the act of secluding myself from all human interaction and especially dating.
please do this

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Salty Josh posted:

I totally agree with letting people just be themselves and see where things go. Fact is, don't bring up poo poo that people are insecure about whether it be freckles, missing limbs, big foreheads etc. Just be a decent human being about it.

Wanting to be appreciated is only slightly better than paedophilia and slightly worse than serial murder.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Stuntman posted:

please do this

Forums are the last bastion of the social recluse, so it will only make your suffering worse.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Blue Train posted:

I dunno if I can handle niceguy.png and goons.txt at the same time

We already have pick.txt and goons.txt itt so...

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moon Atari posted:

Forums are the last bastion of the social recluse, so it will only make your suffering worse.
i'll take this over the idea of you ever trying to date or talk to someone IRL

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Stuntman posted:

https://youtu.be/znodcpMzcnA

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
It has always weirded me out on a semantic level that they use the term "nice guy". From how they write and what they think they are anything but nice. So much so that the adjective "nice" becomes a synonym for being two-faced, hypocrite, shallow.

Also on the subject - they call women that wont go out with them "whores" or "sluts" but it makes no contextual sense, because if they were whores then they'd have sex with them. I get that it's meant as an insult, but c'mon! From their logic it means that even people who are paid to have sex won't sleep with them.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Stuntman posted:

Stuntman posted:

im tran and keeping my dick cause i like having it AMA

Clearly you're the expert on whether amputation is hot or not.

I argue that fetishes exist for the survival of the species, and because life is a loving joke.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:eyepop:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Hmm... misspost.

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 28, 2016

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If you are trans and keeping your dick you are selfish. You should give it to me, I'm collecting them for reasons I would rather not reveal, until the time is right.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

life is a loving joke.

By this I mean people are watching you gently caress and laughing.

(and I mean this for all goons :h:)

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

People that shower twice a day every day are loving neurotic. They're as bad as people who shower once a week but just from the opposite end of the obsessive-depressive scale.

I took four showers yesterday. One before the gym, one after the gym, one after I got my hair cut, and one after work. Today I took zero because I'm home playing xbox and idgaf. Taking one before the gym may seem odd but I like getting to the gym clean and then getting sweaty. Gross from home sweat is entirely different than gross from gym sweat.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 27, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

If you are trans and keeping your dick you are selfish. You should give it to me, I'm collecting them for reasons I would rather not reveal, until the time is right.

you're a madman wongburger this ship will never fly

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I am kinkshaming everyone itt

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Snoo posted:

I am kinkshaming everyone itt

I like muscle babes. Bring it bitch.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I like nice girls who are virgins in my acceptable dating age group but will sleep with me on a whim because I am a genuine good person

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

CrazyLoon posted:

I like muscle babes. Bring it bitch.
:tipshat:
Who doesn't?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Pick posted:

For example, why cosmetic breast enhancement is seen as trashy, but braces are practically mandatory for high-income persons (at least in the United States).

Straight teeth look nicer than fake tits.

Pick posted:

Seriously.

People with challenges, who are frail or blind or in pain, aren't "lucky" because someone likes the idea of a little housepet they can coddle and gently caress. They want to be adults and live fulfilling human lives on their own terms. People like you are the same kind of people who wistfully dream about being women, who can be cherished and babied and etc., and you don't get that our lives aren't actually like that, and we don't want them to be that way.

Transphobic.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

King Vidiot posted:

People that shower twice a day every day are loving neurotic. They're as bad as people who shower once a week but just from the opposite end of the obsessive-depressive scale.

Lol no. Shower after the gym. Shower after working in a biolab. Shower after an ambulance shift. Don't be a filthy goon.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Lol no. Shower after the gym. Shower after working in a biolab. Shower after an ambulance shift. Don't be a filthy goon.

How about just shower whenever you've done something that makes you sweaty/gross or when you've been exposed to potentially harmful things. I'll be honest, when I was recently postpartum there were days that I didn't get a shower in, but I spent most of my time in bed with my baby anyway.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I am stinkshaming everyone itt

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Li Dawny posted:

How about just shower whenever you've done something that makes you sweaty/gross or when you've been exposed to potentially harmful things. I'll be honest, when I was recently postpartum there were days that I didn't get a shower in, but I spent most of my time in bed with my baby anyway.

Get this sense and good advice out of this thread about broken brains people :mrgw:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
That weird dude from Outlast who went around cutting everyone's dicks off was totally a Nice Guy.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Solar Tornado posted:

It has always weirded me out on a semantic level that they use the term "nice guy". From how they write and what they think they are anything but nice. So much so that the adjective "nice" becomes a synonym for being two-faced, hypocrite, shallow.

Also on the subject - they call women that wont go out with them "whores" or "sluts" but it makes no contextual sense, because if they were whores then they'd have sex with them. I get that it's meant as an insult, but c'mon! From their logic it means that even people who are paid to have sex won't sleep with them.

A whore sleeps with everyone. A bitch sleeps with everyone but you.

I don't understand they way they talk, either. PUA are the worst, but they're all bad. I don't think they understand that women are people, just like they are, and not an alien species that needs to be approached like a math problem.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

heard this at the gym this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcYS0ApVHk

actual lyric: "cuz i know i can treat you better than he can/and any girl like you deserves a gentleman"

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Khazar-khum posted:

A whore sleeps with everyone. A bitch sleeps with everyone but you.

I don't understand they way they talk, either. PUA are the worst, but they're all bad. I don't think they understand that women are people, just like they are, and not an alien species that needs to be approached like a math problem.

I think that this criticism is a little simple.

They approach a number of social interactions with either sex using systems and models. Nobody makes similar criticisms of How to Make Friends and Influence People or various sales strategy material that try to game social interactions.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
seeems to me that these nice guys are actually assholes? Which means assholes finish last? omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

seeems to me that these nice guys are actually assholes? Which means assholes finish last? omg

no, whores want assholes so that doesn't make any sense god

• Locked thread