Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

I remember that test being a whole lot easier before they put in the new movement system. Also I think I used Zeyphr for it too, along with Soma. I can imagine a lot of console players having problems with it without auto aim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Mercury_Storm posted:

I can imagine a lot of console players having problems with it without auto aim.
Yeah, for console and controller in general, it would be quite hard.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I remember doing that with ignus, absolving me of even having to aim.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Kohm would also solve that problem (rip projectile kohm)

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
If it isn't in the OP, it should be: You can practice mastery tests in the relays, it's up the stairs to the right as soon as you enter the cephelon simaris room (IIRC).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I went on a prime collecting spree and now I am only missing the following:

Ember Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Ankyros Prime
Bo Prime
Boar Prime (May still be able to get it for cheap)
Boltor Prime
Dakra Prime (May still be able to get it for cheap)
Glaive Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Latron Prime
Reaper Prime
Sicarus Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Wyrm Prime

I'm in too deep...

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah occasionally I'll want to steam link frame game to my tv but playing with a controller is a nightmare with this game. Melee and ignis notwithstanding.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Forma time :getin:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

you actually built it for status??

good god why??

Also replace Seeking Force with Seeking Fury. The Tigris lives and dies by its reload speed.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So I tossed the day of the dead skin on the galatine prime with the default colours and this happened.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DontMindMe posted:

I went on a prime collecting spree and now I am only missing the following:

Ember Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Ankyros Prime
Bo Prime
Boar Prime (May still be able to get it for cheap)
Boltor Prime
Dakra Prime (May still be able to get it for cheap)
Glaive Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Latron Prime
Reaper Prime
Sicarus Prime (Next to be unvaulted)
Wyrm Prime

I'm in too deep...

Are you on PC? I can probably help you out.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Sandweed posted:

Are you on PC? I can probably help you out.

Yes, although I managed to burn all my trades today, so can't do much until tomorrow.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SSNeoman posted:

good god why??

Also replace Seeking Force with Seeking Fury. The Tigris lives and dies by its reload speed.
I think it's more that it was built using whatever would fit in there without forma. The elemental/status mods are all very point-efficient and make perfect sense in that situation.

This is also probably why Seeking Force is on there as well, since Seeking Fury is V polarity and wouldn't fit. I might have advocated squeezing it in anyway by using a normal elemental mod in that slot and dropping one of the dual-stat mods to make room, but it's just gonna get forma shoved in at 30 until everything fits anyway, so who cares.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SectumSempra posted:

go for the pistol mod that increases multi barrel and speed they are thrown

toss on concealed explosive.

lol.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261594144866443374/D62F1B7E510069B23701478F71D18703A896042F/

This is what i was already using. I affectionately refer to them as suicide stars, because anything running in front of me will make me instantly gib myself.

I tried to do a raid mission with my friends earlier and jesus christ I could barely hurt level 71 Grineer. I brought a Corrosive/Blast Ignis and it was functionally useless, and to kill things with Galatine I was having to hop up and down to cycle between ground finishers and knockdowns. The stars were somehow doing okay, which gives me hope for them once I max out Hornet Strike with this newfangled Endo system. Unfortunately, with Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger, I was pretty much just throwing the entire bag of stars at once and ran out super fast even with pistol mutation.

is there an irc besides the synirc one at this point or does just barely anyone use irc

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 28, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Doctor Goat posted:

is there an irc besides the synirc one at this point or does just barely anyone use irc

discord

https://discord.gg/UbZKu

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Mithaldu posted:

I disagree entirely, except for the "game doesn't require precision" part. (Yeah, it doesn't require, but it sure helps for not being half the level behind everyone at all times.)

As long as your machine has at least 60 FPS, and you don't have anything inhibiting your input latency (vsync, lovely mouse, problems with your hands) it is fairly easy to quickly learn the minimum skills needed to make it through this test. You don't need to cheese this in any way, and it's quite forgiving in giving you plenty of things to shoot to get extra time.

Just to demonstrate, two videos of a rhino doing the test (no armored agility or rush, this is with the 0.95 speed multiplier) and the mk1 braton, and ending up with lots of spare time. I don't think i'm doing any kind of high precision pro level gameplay there and gently caress around a good bit instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seoEyjNDyvw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTQ2rYq3YE

PS4?

The fact that you feel that you need 60 FPS for that and are considering input latency and such shows it's an issue. Consoles can't even get there. Like I'm not arguing its impossible. I'm simply saying it is more challenging than any movement requirement given to you in the game. and made more challenging than it needs to be with jumping you would be forgiven for in normal gameplay becoming something punishing for falling.

You don't need anywhere near that level of anything to keep up with people on a map.That one is a quite a bit of exaggeration.
Hell I'm usually in front of people and if we're in a rush (like void captures {R.I.P.}) I was using volt and keeping everyone at speed, and I still say that mission is jarring because you take 10 tests before it that give you 3 tries.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 28, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

3000 cryo worth of heiracon

1 relic that had a nekro or galatine prime piece.

nice.

very nice system.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SectumSempra posted:

3000 cryo worth of heiracon

1 relic that had a nekro or galatine prime piece.

nice.

very nice system.

It's still far better than the old system, where you would have gotten maybe 3-4 keys total out of that many waves, and either each key wouldn't be for the missions that have Nekros/Galatine in them, or they'd be keys for undesirable mission types.

Now, each relic is 1~4 rolls of the dice for the price of one, they drop much more frequently and from all sorts of content, can be opened in almost any kind of mission you want, and have much more compacted drop lists than old Tower missions.

It is a very nice system.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I still hate how Defense rewards work.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 28, 2016

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I am tired of doing excavations over and over. Defensive, survival etc should have better relic rewards.

Emalde posted:

It's still far better than the old system, where you would have gotten maybe 3-4 keys total out of that many waves, and either each key wouldn't be for the missions that have Nekros/Galatine in them, or they'd be keys for undesirable mission types.

Now, each relic is 1~4 rolls of the dice for the price of one, they drop much more frequently and from all sorts of content, can be opened in almost any kind of mission you want, and have much more compacted drop lists than old Tower missions.

3k cryotic gets you way more then 3 keys. And 1 key could get you 20 prime items before. Hierachon is like 5-10minutes/key (neo axi) and everything else is at like 20minutes/key.

Where does everyone go for meso keys? I don't like soloing bad tileset excavations.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 28, 2016

Sins Of Our Talent
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261594144866443374/D62F1B7E510069B23701478F71D18703A896042F/

This is what i was already using. I affectionately refer to them as suicide stars, because anything running in front of me will make me instantly gib myself.

I tried to do a raid mission with my friends earlier and jesus christ I could barely hurt level 71 Grineer. I brought a Corrosive/Blast Ignis and it was functionally useless, and to kill things with Galatine I was having to hop up and down to cycle between ground finishers and knockdowns. The stars were somehow doing okay, which gives me hope for them once I max out Hornet Strike with this newfangled Endo system. Unfortunately, with Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger, I was pretty much just throwing the entire bag of stars at once and ran out super fast even with pistol mutation.

Lethal Torrent is enough +Fire Rate, and No Return is useless. Swap out Gunslinger and No Return for +elemental damage mods.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My roommate will not believe me that elemental does extra damage even if it doesn't inflict a status. It may end in violence.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My roommate will not believe me that elemental does extra damage even if it doesn't inflict a status. It may end in violence.

Go to the simulacrum, take a weapon with serration, spawn an enemy, record how much damage it does.
While in the simulacrum you can use the arsenal, so mod it to have serration and a raw element, spawn another enemy, see that it does more damage.

Then punch your roommate for being dumb.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The more the discussion is getting brought up the more I realize I really like the new system. Sure, getting specific relics and parts is kind of a pain but it's way more inclusive to new people and way more casual. No longer do I have to have a specific frame and build and a full group to even get people to bother with it, I can pug relics in the middle of the night when there are five people just idling in clan, I can jump in for ten minutes and run a couple of relics then stop again, I can bring a person one hour out of the tutorial along and they can feel like they contribute because they can get me an extra roll on the item I want. The ability to bring whatever, whenever, whoever I want is so much better than it used to be that I really don't mind grinding a bit more for relics.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Yeah well, if you're playing on PS4 you're in bat country and a lot of things said in this thread won't apply to you.

I was talking only PC because Arrgytehpirate plays on PC, where the whole thing is a non-issue.

Morglon posted:

The more the discussion is getting brought up the more I realize I really like the new system.
A little-mentioned side effect is also that the Market/Syndicate relic packs now cut down very effectively on the time needed to get prime parts, as opposed to the old void key packs that were nigh-useless.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 28, 2016

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

good god why??

Actually, building it for status is completely legitimate, and can make it better against very high armor units. In fact, this guy tested it and killed a level 140 bombard in 1/3 the shots it took to kill the same enemy with a standard max-damage build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSrNbvqtdpU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
While I'm sure the point is still somewhat made, a heavy gunner is not at all the same thing as a bombard.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Emalde posted:

3000 cryo is 30 towers.

It's poo poo.

Like really loving poo poo.

Like really really really bad. The entire system may have been a gain, but it doesn't feel thought out well. Long time players love it regardless because they are all burned entirely out on the void. Which is fair, but better than old system is a push. It's different. and you can see what you can earn in game.

If it was the old system i wouldn't even be doing this poo poo, because i already HAD at least 1 of every key, and didn't have to join specific groups in hopes for a specific part.

Even the 1 relic that was relevant to both nekro and galatine, that i got in what was quite a long run, gave me a saryn prime chasis,
the same saryn prime i used to kill 3000 cryotic worth of enemies.

And I couldn't just run the mission until I got the prize i wanted, I just left checked the rest of my relics and saw none were relevant to the new 10 or so prime blueprints and just logged off.

I'm sure I'll be ok when it's more polished but right now its no bueno.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 28, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Morglon posted:

The more the discussion is getting brought up the more I realize I really like the new system. Sure, getting specific relics and parts is kind of a pain but it's way more inclusive to new people and way more casual. No longer do I have to have a specific frame and build and a full group to even get people to bother with it, I can pug relics in the middle of the night when there are five people just idling in clan, I can jump in for ten minutes and run a couple of relics then stop again, I can bring a person one hour out of the tutorial along and they can feel like they contribute because they can get me an extra roll on the item I want. The ability to bring whatever, whenever, whoever I want is so much better than it used to be that I really don't mind grinding a bit more for relics.

you could do all of that before to be fair, you didn't need to be high leveled, just MR 4 with a frame that was 30. I was doing tower 3's at mr5.

You had the occasional lazy idiot that only wanted mr20+ trinity etc, but for every 1 of him you had 10 people who just wanted anyone to fill out a group to keep it moving.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

I still hate how Defense rewards work.

Void missions literally just aren't worth it anymore, yet they didn't down tune them at all, so its still poo poo, and in some cases more difficult, (the 4 tower equivalents instantly spawn enemies that would appear later on in the missions, like bombards) but the rewards are less than a joke. They could have thrown people a bone and left some older items in there or at least credits.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Heads up for PS4 Warframe people, we have a PS4 Community you should join if you want to get into one of the goon guilds or link up your guild with the main ones in an alliance.
Search for "Warframe Goons" under the communities tab in the Friends section of your PS4 main menu.

It's probably a better way to get our attention than posting in this thread honestly, we get little notifications if you post things on the community wall.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SectumSempra posted:

Void missions literally just aren't worth it anymore, yet they didn't down tune them at all, so its still poo poo, and in some cases more difficult, (the 4 tower equivalents instantly spawn enemies that would appear later on in the missions, like bombards) but the rewards are less than a joke. They could have thrown people a bone and left some older items in there or at least credits.

Traces.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

How do traces work btw? Or I should say is there a way to maximise fragment amounts?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Should I potato Fang Prime or Nami Skyla?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

I think he was talking about the actual tileset of the void, rather than the void fissures missions, since the screenshot he quoted was from a void defense map (with admittedly lovely rewards).

Thank god you can have mastery x 50 + 100 traces now. Capping it at 100 for everyone was dumb as all hell.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

xyigx posted:

How do traces work btw? Or I should say is there a way to maximise fragment amounts?

Not really. The amount you get for collecting 10 reactant (whether you have a relic or not) is random. It might be impacted by a resource booster, though, it's really hard to be sure, but I've gotten some large amounts (~50) with a booster up.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
30 is max without a booster, 60 with either a booster or smeeta x2 buff, 120 if you have both up when you pick up the last trace

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Should I potato Fang Prime or Nami Skyla?

Neither unless you have run out of things to potato.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SectumSempra posted:

What's your suggestion on farming Argon crystals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Bite the pillow and think of England while doing Void Defense.