Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eat some carbs and drink water like 2 hours before so your stomach is primed. In the buffet, only go for high end meat (seafood (crabs, shrimp, clams, mussels), steak, ribs, etc) Pace yourself, don't drink too much. Stay away from rice and pasta and salad. Those will fill you up fast and are not worth much. On your second round, get half as much meat and begin to explore the items that look like they take a lot of effort to make. Your third round, you can flirt around with fringe stuff and if you really want pasta or rice or veggies, you can do it at this point. Last round, dessert and chill with coffee. Wait 30 minutes and see if you can go back to round 1 for a half plate more of meat if you are feeling up for it (I couldn't go this far this time, felt like i was gunna puke).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
heres me stratefy

10 bong rips

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I eat like 10-15 creme brûlées when I go to the local buffet. It is good poo poo.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Drugs are for losers

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
so are buffets

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Here's a tip, don't eat garbage loving food, made for loving garbage loving people.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Here's a tip, don't eat garbage loving food, made for loving garbage loving people.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I follow a fairly strict diet, but once a month or so I let loose.
There is a weed store right next to an Indian place that does a lunch buffet.
I go in, buy a good tincture and drop some into my mouth (I don't like to smoke or vape)
Then I go to a park and chill for maybe 30mins. Some light exercise and hydrating will get things going.
After the THC is flowing I make my way to the Indian place and get me a seat...

I pretty much follow OPs advice, and go for the meats and such first. However, this is Indian food, and to really get the bang for your buck you NEED to hit up those spices. You have to read up a little on what the expensive spices are, sometimes this buffet has some dishes with saffron in it.

At the end, I probably spend $30 for this outing, but I know for sure I cost that place over $60.

The rest of my day is usually spent on the couch with a bottle of tums binge watching something on the television until later that night when the show really starts.

I don't know if you have ever passed $60 of Indian food which has been specifically selected for spice, but I can tell you it is probably the only time in your life you will know what it means to ask for forgiveness. You will find out if you believe in God. There are no atheists in a post-indian-food-binge bathroom.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
what buffet did you go to op?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am a skinny dude, but I am also a cheap dude, so when I go to buffets I loving destroy them. It amazes people and I'm sure not in a good way.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I went to a buffet that had sushi once.

I like sushi, so I ate buffet sushi.

Protip: do not eat buffet sushi.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I once went to one of those giant vegas buffets and people were piling on king crab so hard the buffet could barely keep any on the hot plates. I could not stop laughing. Things white people do.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I went to a local classy place not like golden corral

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
go to an all (the wine) you can drink buffet and ignore the food

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

William Stoner posted:

The rest of my day is usually spent on the couch with a bottle of tums binge watching something on the television until later that night when the show really starts.

I don't know if you have ever passed $60 of Indian food which has been specifically selected for spice, but I can tell you it is probably the only time in your life you will know what it means to ask for forgiveness. You will find out if you believe in God. There are no atheists in a post-indian-food-binge bathroom.

You're spending money to give yourself horrible diarrhea. Please re-asses your life.

ThaGrandCow posted:

Protip: do not eat buffet sushi.

From experience. YES! THIS!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I went to a local classy place not like golden corral

Jesus Wept.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
My strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXjkvc--EM

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

is jesus wept a one man catchphrase now

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

poopnanners posted:

go to an all (the wine) you can drink buffet and ignore the food

i want to go to there

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
OP tell us more about your trip to Golden Corral.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hth posted:

OctoberBlues Wept.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

OctoberBlues Wept.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

OctoberBlues Wept.

who

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

hth posted:

it's from some gay book about 13 dudes sleeping together

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I do not like the concept of the buffet

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All you can eat a la carte korean bbq / sushi however

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

All you can eat a la carte korean bbq / sushi however

sup mook

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eh not much first night back at home after a vacation and vacations are nice but getting back home is real nice too

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I have never been to a buffet, including all I can eat seafood/meat, that was as good as a home cooked giant loving steak, for the same price.

There is the whole convenience aspect though.

I won't knock that.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

Eh not much first night back at home after a vacation and vacations are nice but getting back home is real nice too

where did u go. im happy u overcome ur mean wife with the power of love

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

moose face posted:

daddy your back from the oil rig are you home forever now

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Going to the buffet alone, and not eating anything, is the best strategy.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hth posted:

daddy your back from the oil rig are you home forever now

its like that movie, deep impact

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dont ever leave us daddy we love you we just dont love you drinking so much posting juice

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

where did u go. im happy u overcome ur mean wife with the power of love

We went camping by a nice lake and visited family and friends it was pretty great. Relaxing and fun with lots of grilling

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Orkin Mang posted:

its like that movie, deep impact

was that the one where elijah would was president

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

We went camping by a nice lake and visited family and friends it was pretty great. Relaxing and fun with lots of grilling

moose face is the zodiac

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hth posted:

dont ever leave us daddy we love you we just dont love you drinking so much posting juice

That was all a terrible lie. I long ordeal and a small fortune later and they are all good

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hth posted:

was that the one where elijah would was president

no its where he was evil knieval. the president was black

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

That was all a terrible lie. I long ordeal and a small fortune later and they are all good

:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Orkin Mang posted:

no its where he was evil knieval. the president was black

sounds like it was OK

the only thing that could make it better is if a lot of people died

• Locked thread