Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

I think you would have a hard time getting Jasper to understand kayfabe, and how it's not okay to actually break people's spines.

Don't worry, it makes it look more realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Don't worry, it makes it look more realistic.

queen of strong style

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
New preview's up

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh hey! That sounds like Tom Kenny as Zoltron! Love that guy.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I just saw Kubo and the Two Strings and would recommend it to the thread, as it shares a lot of themes with Steven Universe and also the animation is really awesome.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
So is Steven gonna turn into Tom Hanks and get a job at a toy company, because I feel like we've already had two different episodes riffing on Big

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Raserys posted:

The shattering of Pink Diamond will probably be bogged down in a million complicated circumstances, I don't think Rose was so ruthless or pragmatic as to shatter a gem just cause

Are you kidding me? Rose wrecked Pink Diamond for that sweet Chaos bonus.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The most important thing concerning Future Boy Zoltron is which character forms the head?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd love it if (Future Boy Zoltron Speculation) Sapphire took the Fortune Telling Machine personally, and Garnet split because Ruby didn't really care and Sapphire was out for blood. She goes to Mr Smiley, sans Ruby, and says "Mr Smiley. I forsee a 93% chance that I will break your drat face in if you don't get rid of that insult to my future vision. Do I make myself clear?"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I heard from "Other Places" On the internet that the show was being canceled? Bullshit> Not Bullshit? Just a bunch of Youtubers going for click bait?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
You tubers going for clickbait, no one here has said anything and they're paying far more attention to fan work sources and the creators pages than I am.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

So I heard from "Other Places" On the internet that the show was being canceled? Bullshit> Not Bullshit? Just a bunch of Youtubers going for click bait?

This show is wildly successful and drives a ton of merchandise, it's not going anywhere. Maybe they're talking about where they live specifically? Or just bullshitting.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

BigRed0427 posted:

Absolutely bullshit clickbait, IIRC CN's already renewed it at least through season 5.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Besesoth posted:

Absolutely bullshit clickbait, IIRC CN's already renewed it at least through season 5.

said season 5 renewal is actually just production season 3 (announced back in 2015) split in two (similar to how production season 2 was split into seasons 2 and 3) but still that should last them until late 2017 and they've got merchandise deals till 2018 at the earliest

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

After a thorough scouring of the Steven Univers[al Communications Network] there appears to be no evidence that the show will be cancelled any time soon. As of right now it's far more likely that the Crew will run out of content they're excited about creating and giving to us than CN ending the show.

This scouring also led me to puzzle over the latest ratings, which reveal that A) about as many adults 18-64 watch Steven Universe as Anderson Cooper 360 and B) old reruns of shows are still insanely popular. (Note: attempting to interpret ratings from the Cartoon Network perspective requires a lot more data, like how other Cartoon Network shows are doing and, you know, how many under-18s are watching it, since that's their demo for ad buys.)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, I wasn't sure if something happened and I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Anyway here is the (Really annoying) video that popped up in my recommendations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITEFHqwrQkU He takes WAY to long to clarify that it's not cancled but it hasn't been renewed past season 5.

Sorry, i'll stop watching Youtube for awhile.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Combed Thunderclap posted:

After a thorough scouring of the Steven Univers[al Communications Network] there appears to be no evidence that the show will be cancelled any time soon. As of right now it's far more likely that the Crew will run out of content they're excited about creating and giving to us than CN ending the show.

This scouring also led me to puzzle over the latest ratings, which reveal that A) about as many adults 18-64 watch Steven Universe as Anderson Cooper 360 and B) old reruns of shows are still insanely popular. (Note: attempting to interpret ratings from the Cartoon Network perspective requires a lot more data, like how other Cartoon Network shows are doing and, you know, how many under-18s are watching it, since that's their demo for ad buys.)

Reruns own, I switched over to CN earlier and it was right as Here Comes a Thought began. That song makes me so happy y'all. :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BigRed0427 posted:

Total bullshit. The show has sky high ratings and is selling a ton of merch, there is literally no way it's getting canceled. In fact it's cartoon networks most watched show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, I wasn't sure if something happened and I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Anyway here is the (Really annoying) video that popped up in my recommendations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITEFHqwrQkU He takes WAY to long to clarify that it's not cancled but it hasn't been renewed past season 5.

Your mistake is following YouTubers who talk about Steven Universe

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BigRed0427 posted:

I can't believe Steven Universe loving diedgot canceled. RIP.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

BigRed0427 posted:

Thanks for sharing the clickbait that popped up in your badmendations. Very useful, thanks.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

BigRed0427 posted:

They way I read that rumor is that they renewed through season five when the first half of season three started, and now suddenly the network's not two ahead in its pick-up (on top of the Uncle Grandpa "renewal" really being a stealth cancellation), therefore BAD THINGS. :tinfoil:

(fake edit: So basically what BigRed0427 found.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Xelkelvos posted:

Your mistake is following YouTubers who talk about Steven Universe

Top 5 Truths About [Show] Youtubers YOU NEED TO KNOW
1) They know less than an io9 article
2) There is always a 2 to 1 ratio of nothing blabbering to actual content
3) Their reactions to the latest episode is not entertaining
4) Theories usually suck or are cribbed from legit theories that many people have developed
5) Those 107 facts are actually more like 5 interesting facts, 60 mundane things and 42 remixes or stretches of the previous facts

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Alright, here's the crazy theory for this episode, significantly less weird this time

Your lucky numbers are: 16 47 N W

These coordinates are pretty close to the spot Pearl/Diamond Base marked that's farthest out into the Atlantic, away from any islands
Maybe Zoltron really is from the future, specifically, maybe he's got some connection to the Sea Shrine they got the Time Thing from in Steven and the Stevens

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Flying-PCP posted:

Alright, here's the crazy theory for this episode, significantly less weird this time

These coordinates are pretty close to the spot Pearl/Diamond Base marked that's farthest out into the Atlantic, away from any islands
Maybe Zoltron really is from the future, specifically, maybe he's got some connection to the Sea Shrine they got the Time Thing from in Steven and the Stevens

That... is highly plausible. :stare:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah that sounds like the sort of thing they'd do.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZcU9W2h94

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

I wasn't expecting the German Pearl to be the most sensual.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Flying-PCP posted:

And here I was hoping it'd just be Steven cosplaying as Ultraman and getting into some hi-jinks.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

And here I was hoping it'd just be Steven cosplaying as Ultraman and getting into some hi-jinks.

well actually if you look at the promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfFvvQz_Kow

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
might just be a light beach city episode that gives smiley more character, but it could be LORE AND REVELATIONS

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm hoping for 75% Smiley, 25% LORE AND REVELATION.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

src

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

:raise: I'm going to assume he has a chin under his beard.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The arcade machines in the background are pretty primo goofs.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

nerdbot posted:

I want to believe the Crystal Gems are so well known that they inspired an in-universe video game, so I will!

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I didn't catch that holo-pearl with the axe attack on my first watch of this. Awesome.

I love that the holo-pearls are this ongoing thing.

Back in Steven the Sword Fighter they seemed like maybe a one-off gag.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

nerdbot posted:

I wonder if Steven plays as Taako or Meryll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ages posted:

I want to believe the Crystal Gems are so well known that they inspired an in-universe video game, so I will!

That's what happened with The Sailor Scouts in their reality, so I'm willing to bet that's happened to the Crystal Gems too.

I guess only one question remains: When will OK KO! get more episodes...? Because I want that to happen soon.