Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

There is no :cawg: big enough.

e:

Still too small.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 29, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

But seriously, the more I see/read about that Gamescom presentation the more clear it is that the whole loving thing was a massive fraud.

Like, there is absolutely no loving way that will exist within a publicly released build around the December 2016 timeframe. Look at 2.5. Just look at it.

I'll give Chris Roberts credit though - for once in his life he actually rehearsed a presentation. I imagine he spent weeks locked in a room with the "game players" getting the timing down to fake everything convincingly. Or he had someone speaking to him in an earpiece saying "countdown to fake wave emote in 3... 2... 1..."

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well now they've partnered with a new shiny GPU manufacturer: Intel

You don't understand dream development. Obviously it would be PowerVR, they've been promising the switch to real time ray tracing for PC gaming for over a decade, it's a match made in heaven.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also MoMA: put up or shut up with your video. I know you're going to come in here and say "guys, I had such an amazing weekend visiting friends in the Bahamas smoking cigars and dining at the finest restaurants blah loving blah that I just didn't have time to record any SC gameplay"...

And if you do, then just gently caress off.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Meanwhile Tararoshe is mounting the all-time pointless NO U thread that never convinced anyone:

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 29, 2016

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
So former Crytek-CIG Frankfurt now Crytek employee Erasmus Brosdau has finally completed his Lord Inquisitor Warhammer 40k short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Infinite, eternal, ever expanding ironicat goes here.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bubbacub posted:

jfc another citizen went gone and did it

That's not a tattoo, it's the same stick on that Sandey wears when at conventions.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/504c9y/launchers_almighty_hyperspace_speed_crashed/

Kotaku cant handle the awesomeness of chris's launcher so they deserve to go down.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

parpcorn.gif

I really want to watch them make a push for "We're the most grounded fanbase of 2014 er I mean 2018"

Please do this, reddit.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Squadron 42 Bug Report.
Expected Result: Game
Actual Result: Movie

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

:magical: How?

e: Wait, it says GPU rather than CPU. Still, how?

90 is fairly normal for a reference GPU under load. My 980Ti was definitely hitting that in the summer, before I changed the cooler.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

parpcorn.gif

I really want to watch them make a push for "We're the most grounded fanbase of 2014 er I mean 2018"

Please do this, reddit.

They are still struggling to explain the difference between NMS hype and SC hype.

look at this poo poo

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

As literally if any SC hype is based on what is playable. They literally froth at the mouth at criticism until they manage to mumble out how it's not meant to be fun yet!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years ago I did the math based on what little we knew and the estimate was around $4 per hour of gameplay. Meaning CIG expected people to pay $4 to skip an hour of playing time. WoW was closer to sixty cents.

4$ per hour means that it offers 6.6 times more fun, joy, happiness, community, camaraderie, and bliss, than WoW.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
SC hype is based around explaining away literally every facet of the Alpha until nothing remains but the black void of space, therefore SC hype is more grounded in reality.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/502ej2/the_super_hornet_now_comes_with_its_own_personal/

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inkel posted:

All the other sizes are 50-100+ remaining :btroll:

No way that is 2xl not even in Asian sizing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

4$ per hour means that it offers 6.6 times more fun, joy, happiness, community, camaraderie, and bliss, than WoW.

So, ±ε?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ewe2 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5046x8/meta_so_rdereksmart_exists_whats_your_take_on_it/d710u4d

NOT A CULT :allears:

edit: hahaha post content's been removed for violating rule 5. Still not a cult.

Yet another "Sure we post some bad stuff and we want him dead, but SO HAS DEREK FOR YEARS ARGHLABARGLERAWR!"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Erenthal posted:

I have this sneaking suspicion that Ben's lack of oversight over the project and what people are working could be due to the fact that once he's finally gotten into his office room, he seldom or hesitantly leaves it again during the workday due to different circumstances of which I can name none right now.

Mercury_Storm posted:

It would also be really unsurprising if the people he works with have some level of contempt for the dude, or view him as an annoyance. From what I understand he got the job for being "Chris Roberts Fan #1", and I doubt he has to put in nearly as many hours/as much effort as the actual developers.

The guy never leaves the lunch room unless it is to shoot an episode with Sandey or to get to the toilet.

Like seriously. He is never seen outside the lunch room.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

That makes my blood water-cooling system boil!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D1E posted:

Also MoMA: put up or shut up with your video. I know you're going to come in here and say "guys, I had such an amazing weekend visiting friends in the Bahamas smoking cigars and dining at the finest restaurants blah loving blah that I just didn't have time to record any SC gameplay"...

And if you do, then just gently caress off.

Movie Maker corrupted all my footage.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

That's not a tattoo, it's the same stick on that Sandey wears when at conventions.

Sandi gets it lasered off so that she can perform in movies and acting gigs.

Its a shame she switched arms this year though :sigh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

The guy never leaves the lunch room unless it is to shoot an episode with Sandey or to get to the toilet.

Like seriously. He is never seen outside the lunch room.

Well if he was at his desk people would be able to see him not doing anything anyways. At least the lunch room has snacks!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ULTRA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Whoever put more hours into SC than NMS has a serious issue.

Do you honestly believe Star Citizen will be much different than it?

Other than other human players, what really differentiates SC and NMS? Missions? Classes?

The base games are the same, but SC is "prettier" whereas NMS is "artsy".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

You don't understand dream development. Obviously it would be PowerVR, they've been promising the switch to real time ray tracing for PC gaming for over a decade, it's a match made in heaven.

Given Crob's record of brand new 90's game development innovations, I think they'll drop the Micro$oft (my spell checker didn't complain about that one lol) mumbo jumbo and give whoever owns 3dfx's corpse a call

Wanna play the game with a non-Voodoo card commando? Better get a wrapper asap

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well if he was at his desk people would be able to see him not doing anything anyways. At least the lunch room has snacks!
The gently caress are you talking about?

Wing Commander manuals don't scan themselves you know.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/lnEyozD.gifv

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Michaellaneous posted:

Squadron 42 Bug Report.
Expected Result: Game
Actual Result: Movie

:eyepop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tooterfish posted:

Ben's challenge is scanning them all before they melt from exposure to rancid grease

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Given Crob's record of brand new 90's game development innovations, I think they'll drop the Micro$oft (my spell checker didn't complain about that one lol) mumbo jumbo and give whoever owns 3dfx's corpse a call

Wanna play the game with a non-Voodoo card commando? Better get a wrapper asap

StarCitizen feature list changs:

- Vulkan support
- Direct3D
- OpenGL support
+ Glide support
+ S3 metal

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

There's 4 of them, not counting expansions. That's one per year! He's gotta space it out at some point.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DogonCrook posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/504c9y/launchers_almighty_hyperspace_speed_crashed/

Kotaku cant handle the awesomeness of chris's launcher so they deserve to go down.

https://twitter.com/Tegrimo/status/770251822111924224

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/770232666750914561

https://twitter.com/1stVerseProbs/status/770232276303147008

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Marching Powder posted:

they are making fun of themselves as hard as is humanly possible already. his video will be an autistic man doing his best mature, professional voice over dogshit gameplay of an unplayble game. he is already that man. he is not being any more pathetic due to your efforts, he is what he is.

Why would you not want to see this video?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Whoever put more hours into SC than NMS has a serious issue.

Do you honestly believe Star Citizen will be much different than it?

Other than other human players, what really differentiates SC and NMS? Missions? Classes?

NMS has gameplay and multiple game mechanics and a game loop that leads to an end-game. That's a pretty huge difference.

That would be Nvidia, and since they've already ditched AMD, this works out perfectly.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Apparently, regardless of the bandwidth setting you set, the downloader will attempt to open all possible connections your network can handle. Which means that even limiting the download speed using the in-patcher settings menu won't help you. Instead, there is a torrent config file that can be edited to limit the number of active connections the patcher can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

To be fair it's at least half their fault for running without some kind of qos/shaping.

Launcher is still retarded.

• Locked thread