Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Looks like BF1942 blended with BF4 but without all the stupid FLIR/retard optics bullshit, armor not being nearly as strong, and air being pretty insignificant. So basically an infantry focused game which sounds like fun because that's always been the most fun part of BF at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

xyigx posted:

Who plays the single player? poo poo it's standard policy for goons to post a save file the day after the games come out so we can all avoid single player. I am pretty sure most of us have never done more than run the last mission 3 times. I know some people who buy cod games for single player but I have never heard of anyone buying a battlefield game for the story.

I remember when BF4 came out and :dice: said that 50% of the people only play singleplayer and like never touch the MP. Yea it's nuts but there are those people out there.

Avalanche posted:

Looks like BF1942 blended with BF4 but without all the stupid FLIR/retard optics bullshit, armor not being nearly as strong, and air being pretty insignificant. So basically an infantry focused game which sounds like fun because that's always been the most fun part of BF at least for me.

Armor looks really strong actually.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I remember when BF4 came out and :dice: said that 50% of the people only play singleplayer and like never touch the MP. Yea it's nuts but there are those people out there.

Armor looks really strong actually.

too stronk?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

afkmacro posted:

too stronk?

Is Armor OP?????

Like and subscribe and check out my other posts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i watched an anime with the battlefield goons last night called Samurai School

at one point in the episode they are doing crunches while a flamethrower tries to burn their heads to make sure they keep up a good pace

the bad guy beats one of the good guys up, steals and eats the good guys pet bird, then they sumo fight and the bad guy gets thrown on spikes

makes u think.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Are you sure that wasn't a trailer for the Japanese DLC?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it should be

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
A WWI Battlefield game where America is the main faction and France is DLC seems like a gag in a video mocking EA, or AAA games in general, but it isn't- it actually is the next major EA release in real life.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we get the ottomans and british empire too dont we tho

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A WWI Battlefield game where America is the main faction and France is DLC seems like a gag in a video mocking EA, or AAA games in general, but it isn't- it actually is the next major EA release in real life.

Who gives a poo poo the vehicles and weapons are cross factions anyways the soldier skins just change that's it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah that's true, vehicle variety was pretty much nill in WW1.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/502bev/all_weapons_in_the_bf1_open_beta_bfbulletin/

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I love that this time around instead of having a bunch of guns that look different but are the same, they just have a bunch of guns that are actually the same and don't pretend otherwise.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm glad they have numbers pop up on the screen to tell you how much damage your bullets are doing to enemies now. Borderlands for the mother loving win

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm glad they have numbers pop up on the screen to tell you how much damage your bullets are doing to enemies now. Borderlands for the mother loving win

whats your av from, i like it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

MGSV

Arfjason made it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

K8.0 posted:

I love that this time around instead of having a bunch of guns that look different but are the same, they just have a bunch of guns that are actually the same and don't pretend otherwise.

Actually you'll find that if you simulate hit rates over tens of thousands of engagements at various ranges that many of the guns offer a 2-4% improvement in TTK in certain circumstances.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I knew the MGS V thing, thats cool that arf made that. I thought it maybe came from somewhere else

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

K8.0 posted:

The different versions are just preset attachment setups.

Also yes, there are actually 6 factions at launch-
UK (including Indian, and ANZAC forces), US, Italy, Germany, and Austria-Hungary.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I prefer shooting Americans (HATETHEMSOMUCHGAH) to shooting Frenchmen, though, so this is actually a plus in my book.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

sarmhan posted:

The different versions are just preset attachment setups.

I'm aware of that, I just think it's really funny.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My big dumb hope that I can't explain is that smoke grenades are much more useful than they have been. With no scopes to see through it they should also make them have a bigger area, longer lasting. Might actually mean I play Rush if I can toss some smoke to replace the cover that DICE never puts on their rush maps.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
CTS mumble goons please send me a origin message before 2pm PST if possible. Just use a single character for the message.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would if i could

rip

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i would if i could

rip

?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
message you on origin

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

yig, go to bed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh while im thinking about it, if anyone watches anime regularly enough to catch new releases, Mob Psycho 100 is pretty great

its by the guy that did One Punch Man, and the main character is a psychic and he meets lots of interesting characters and exorcises spirits with his boss who pretends to be psychic

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Eonwe posted:

message you on origin

Pm me your origin name here will work.

^^^^^^ on my way there. God I need sleep.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to read all quiet on the western front in honor of the beta launching

i havent read it since middle school but i remember it being pretty hosed up

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Friends, please add me to your list of friends on Origin so that I may possibly play alongside you in the video game prequel to Battlefield 4... Battlefield 1.

My Origin user name is Deakull.

Thank you in advance. :coolfish:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Deakul posted:

Friends, please add me to your list of friends on Origin so that I may possibly play alongside you in the video game prequel to Battlefield 4... Battlefield 1.

My Origin user name is Deakull.

Thank you in advance. :coolfish:

I think I am at the cap but I'll clean a bit and add you tonight.

Also does anyone know if wayth is still around/alive?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

xyigx posted:

Pm me your origin name here will work.

^^^^^^ on my way there. God I need sleep.

i want to play with you and show you my customized ddpat camo for my horse armor.

afkmacro on origin

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
God damnit, Yig. I told you to go to bed.

Also, I sent you a message on Origin.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i watched an anime with the battlefield goons last night called Samurai School

at one point in the episode they are doing crunches while a flamethrower tries to burn their heads to make sure they keep up a good pace

the bad guy beats one of the good guys up, steals and eats the good guys pet bird, then they sumo fight and the bad guy gets thrown on spikes

makes u think.

Is there WW1 Hetalia yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats a hetalia

also i just watched a man gently caress a mcchicken

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

whats a hetalia

also i just watched a man gently caress a mcchicken

I also watched a man gently caress a mcchicken and hetalia is WW2 but more moe.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

But still not enough moe (Berg)

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I also watched a man gently caress a mcchicken and hetalia is WW2 but more moe.

Hetalia is not even the worst; there is a manga / game / anime series which un-ironically stars the anthropomorphic personifications of Japanese WW2 battleships. It's apparently fairly popular too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I know there's nothing to talk about when it comes to this unreleased game but the livejournal level of posting here is pretty bad. At least make it WW1 relevant or something like list your top 3 WW1 general's mustache or whatever.